AP exclusive: Bills propose new 60k seat stadium by (update - 2025)

YoloinOhio

Something to consider with a smaller stadium in the 60 K seating range is expandability. I'm on the Steelers season ticket wait list and I get asked about buying into new sections from time to time when they get built. The Steelers will be expanding seating capacity to add more PSL and non-PSL season ticket seats. I expect the Bills stadium will start at that size and have capacity to be filled in as markets warrant. Don't expect every season ticket location to be PSL either. Most PSL teams have some non-PSL season ticket sections as well. The NFL still needs the blue collar fan who can't or won't buy a PSL. 

17 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Look at ticket prices in December. It's obvious fewer people want to watch a game outdoors when it's cold.

especially women

2 hours ago, Doc said:

No idea. I figure there is one and she didn’t just make it up. 

Local officials are definitely looking into it 

But if Pegula is putting up a couple hundred million... he probably will get to put it where he deems most fit 

And the downtown stadiums look really expensive

11 hours ago, Doc said:

As they should. Hopefully they at least demand that a fixed roof be put on the stadium (sorry open air enthusiasts). 

Honestly, I was adverse to domes when I was a kid....really loved the weather "element" to the game.  Especially snow.  Now that I'm older, I am just tired of the elements affecting play.  Everything is literally is up in the air regards to the outcome, doesn't matter who your playing.  I really want to watch players on an even field without all the variables.

So, I'm a +1 when it comes to a roof

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

10 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Local officials are definitely looking into it 

But if Pegula is putting up a couple hundred million... he probably will get to put it where he deems most fit 

And the downtown stadiums look really expensive

10 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

CorrectA study was done but was never made available to the public. That’s the study she is referring to. 

Considering public funds will almost assuredly be used, probably accounting for the majority of the bill, and the county (state?) will own the stadium, the county/state might have more of a say on the stadium than we think.

5 hours ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

Honestly, I was adverse to domes when I was a kid....really loved the weather "element" to the game.  Especially snow.  Now that I'm older, I am just tired of the elements affecting play.  Everything is literally is up in the air regards to the outcome, doesn't matter who your playing.  I really want to watch players on an even field without all the variables.

So, I'm a +1 when it comes to a roof

More people will attend cold-weather games and “local” revenue will increase as a result.  In addition and in the same vein, the stadium could be used year round. 

On 8/31/2021 at 2:37 PM, DrDawkinstein said:

It's a very disappointing, short-sighted, small town, bush league plan. Agreed.

As the only team that actually plays in NYS, and the fact that there is no way the politicians will let the Bills leave, the Pegulas should press the state much harder to pony up what is needed to get an awesome new stadium downtown, a bunch of new surrounding bars/restaurants/commercial space, and the added infrastructure to support it (expand 190, add ramps, add rail from airport to downtown).

I dont care if they say it will cost $3B. NYC is good for it. Make it happen.

NYC is pretty much broke after covid...Tons of people moved away and they are begging people to come back.

3 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

NYC is pretty much broke after covid...Tons of people moved away and they are begging people to come back.

Don't be fooled, Wall Street says different. The S&P500 returned almost 17% in 2020, with COVID. Plenty of money around if youre willing to find it.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 4

24 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

NYC was broke well before covid.

19 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

lol true....they are on the next level of broke now though 😁

If yall really believe that the largest city and home to the financial markets in one of the worlds wealthiest countries has no money to be found, then I have a bridge to sell you.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

If yall really believe that the largest city and home to the financial markets in one of the worlds wealthiest countries has no money to be found, then I have a bridge to sell you.

The Cuomo bridge? The difference between us being broke and a city being broke, is more money can be printed and given to the city. NYC has been a mess for decades and as brought the rest of the state down with it. Could NYC go to an ATM and pull out a $20? No. Is it worth more then $20? Yes

Edited by uticaclub
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, uticaclub said:

The Cuomo bridge? The difference between us being broke and a city being broke, is more money can be printed and given to the city. NYC has been a mess for decades and as brought the rest of the state down with it. Could NYC go to an ATM and pull out a $20? No. Is it worth more then $20? Yes

We could both go on and on about financial mismanagement for just about every city and town in the country. And while that is an issue, it really isn't the point. Plus it gets us more towards a PPP post, which I certainly don't want to do. So to keep this on track about Stadium Funding and the possibilities...

The money is there, even if it is being mismanaged.

Funny yall talk about "bringing the rest of the state down with it", when NYS has one of the largest economies in the country (only behind CA and TX), mostly due to NYC. And NYS pays $26B more in Federal taxes than it receives in Federal aid. Whereas most other states receive more than they pay. So I'm still not buying that money isn't there, or can't be found.

Heck, NYS could hold back a couple Billion of that and still contribute $24B to the US, and totally fund the stadium build.

The money is there. Don't be fooled.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.