AP exclusive: Bills propose new 60k seat stadium by (update - 2025)

YoloinOhio

8 minutes ago, Huh? What? said:

If you do a Google search of"new Buffalo Bills Stadium renderings" and click on google images result you see a proposed drawing of a stadium that looks like what the AP said. The image was posted on redditt but it was removed from the thread at the request of someone. Shows a city setting.

I think that rendering goes back to stuff printed in 2013-2014 - I don’t think it is new.  

Several Reddit users created “renderings” of downtown areas right in between the Hockey and Baseball stadiums.

Maybe it is new, but my guess - it is old material created by fan sites not legitimate current plans.

1 hour ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Wasn't Rich Stadium's capacity 80,300 or so back in the day?  We should be able to sell out 70,000 every week in the modern day.

How many overall tickets they can sell isn't the important number..........it's about maximizing revenue.

Less inventory allows them to charge more for those 60K seats.

They have likely determined that the amount over that is going to have to be cost conscious buyers who will dump their tickets on the market when the weather or team isn't good......devaluing the product in the eyes of those attending...........and of course the table smashing riff-raff that they actually want to get rid of.

The objective isn't to squeeze 10K more in at $100 revenue each per game from Joe Sixpack...........it's to get fat cats in luxury seating like @teef to triple the amount they spend.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Ouch Buehler getting called out LMAO

I would presume that labelling something as "Breaking" indicates that you are the one who broke the story and doing so when you didn't break the story is considered quite unprofessional. She's getting dragged in the comments for not sourcing Wawrow and she just keeps stating that she got the information from her own sources.

1 hour ago, red hots said:

Metlife Stadium - 82k seats, 230 suites (1.6bn value 2010, 1.9bn value 2020)

New Bills stadium - 60k seats, 60 suites (1.4bn value 2021)

Metlife is also quite a bit closer to Manhattan than the proposed stadium is to DT Buffalo. 

ops.meme_.nba_-768x576.jpg 

10 miles vs 11 miles.

2 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Why would they have to play anywhere else?  If there was a commitment in writing for the new facility, a long term lease would probably be signed, in conjunction with the agreement for the new stadium.

As I mentioned above. With the safety issues particularly with the upper deck?  4 more years? Wont put anymore money into a stadium that has safety concerns when gonna be torn down. 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

As I mentioned above. With the safety issues particularly with the upper deck?  4 more years? Wont put anymore money into a stadium that has safety concerns when gonna be torn down. 

The biggest safety concern with the upper deck is knuckleheads falling over the railings onto people below.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Short of seeing a Structural Report, we do not know the actual condition of the stadium. It's safe to say, that it is not going to fall down, tomorrow. I sit in that stadium for most every game, (And I don't feel any sense of danger) while you are making blind judgements about it, in Florida.

I come to every game and have had seasons for over 20 years?  Now what?  

2 hours ago, red hots said:

Metlife Stadium - 82k seats, 230 suites (1.6bn value 2010, 1.9bn value 2020)

New Bills stadium - 60k seats, 60 suites (1.4bn value 2021)

Metlife is also quite a bit closer to Manhattan than the proposed stadium is to DT Buffalo. 

ops.meme_.nba_-768x576.jpg 

Built over a decade ago.

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Yep it is your Asset to do what You want with it. Just have to keep buying your season tickets or it reverts. But yes hypothetically you could pay 10K for it. If Bills keep staying good could sell it for 30k. 

also In theory it also should limit those the secondary market professionals from buying up a bunch of season tickets to sell on the secondary market as individual seats. because they would have a HUGE layout for all the PSLs 

Exacpt in Vegas where most of the seats were bought by investors 

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Old thread is officially outdated with the new ETA

You can kiss tailgating goodbye. A downtown location will help downtown businesses, but parking will be limited , expensive, and it will be a nightmare when leaving an event.  Not a big fan of a downtown location.  An Orchard Park location fits Bills fans.

3 hours ago, elijah said:

60,000 seems a bit short no? 

Weren’t season tickets themselves 60k+ over the past 2 years? 

Nope. There are too many tickets ( seats) available in the current stadium to have any kind of pricing power. The goal is to  have a scarcity of tickets as the norm. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, chris heff said:

Wasn’t most of original seating in Rich Stadium benches?

Yes. It’s been a spartan stadium from its beginning. 

2 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Welcome to Covid where building material prices are higher than they've been in years toss in new minimum wage in NY State etc. etc. 

They ( Erie County)  should have done it years ago when they had the chance. They opted for a window dressing type “ renovation” and the market has changed dramatically in a short time. Sometimes the roll of the dice comes up snake eyes.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.