TE Hollister Released

RyanC883

Just now, BillsFanSD said:

Hey guys, has anybody mentioned the possibility that maybe we'll re-sign Hollister after moving some other player to IR?  Surprised that hasn't occurred to anybody yet.

Why I put this.....

4 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

ill-be-back-7623427f-7d0a-4d79-b1af-be433e608e1-resize-750.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

Hey guys, has anybody mentioned the possibility that maybe we'll re-sign Hollister after moving some other player to IR?  Surprised that hasn't occurred to anybody yet.

Jesus H! It’s all over the 1st page. Read, son. READ! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, sirebors said:

Kinda makes you look like "that guy." I love your posts and insight but I am also in the camp that doesn't mind "more specific" threads. I don't always feel like reading through 50 pages when I just want to read about one player in particular. One of the most annoying things about this board is everyone striving to be the fastest and the most quoted and and largest threads. I could care less. I wish they'd remove the thread count and the infighting about redundant threads. It's beyond childish. Who cares if someone wants to start a new thread. For me it's easier to do a thread search than read through 100 pages of nonsense. 

The mods kept the list of cuts in the OP for that reason. Trying to stay organized and avoid a thread for each cut.  I don’t care either way, have no idea why you would consider that childish. 

• Eyeroll 1

BIG LEE SMITH NEWS!!!

It looks like he made the Falcons roster so I'm hoping that that solidifies our 7th rd. Pick from them.

I figure it is either that, or he has to suit up for a game and play a play.....

I want two sixes and two sevens for the 2022 draft.... It is a lot better than not having those late round picks.

And, if we make the picks, that's a lot of guys to read about! Oh boy!

Go Bills!

Nickel Robey was just waived! Alert the president!

• Like (+1) 2

Searching Hollister's name on Twitter, there seem to be some TE needy teams out there, some due to some recent injuries or trades.  Fans connecting him to the Giants, Jets, Vikings, Seahawks, Jags.  I think he may get a better offer than the wait in the parking lot offer he may have gotten from the Bills.

9 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Probably to IR someone and he'll be back in a few days

That was my thought, but Sal Capaccio says they have received indications that Reid Ferguson will be cut and brought back, but none such with Hollister.

FWIW. 

I myself don't see what Sweeney has done, he's been hurt for 3 weeks

8 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Tom Pelissaro reporting the cut said the Bills want both Tanner Gentry and Jack Anderson for the practice squad.  Dunno how good his info.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That was my thought, but Sal Capaccio says they have received indications that Reid Ferguson will be cut and brought back, but none such with Hollister.

FWIW. 

I myself don't see what Sweeney has done, he's been hurt for 3 weeks

I am MORE than willing to sit here and not question the moves the Bills are making.... HOWEVER...

Why are Beane and McD so hell bent on Knox and Sweeney? Our TE position has been consistently garbage for many years now, and its about time we treat it with just a LITTLE more respect. Cutting Hollister and not bringing him back is RIDICULOUS to me... can anyone say that he's worse than either Knox or Sweeney? Not me... can we get our Metz already and finally do the TE position right???

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

I am MORE than willing to sit here and not question the moves the Bills are making.... HOWEVER...

Why are Beane and McD so hell bent on Knox and Sweeney? Our TE position has been consistently garbage for many years now, and its about time we treat it with just a LITTLE more respect. Cutting Hollister and not bringing him back is RIDICULOUS to me... can anyone say that he's worse than either Knox or Sweeney? Not me... can we get our Metz already and finally do the TE position right???

It's a mystery.

Maybe Knox has naughty pictures of McDermott doing strange things with a kettleball and Beane "stepping out" with a pack of shelter strays?

All I can say is no point in getting fussed for the next 2-3 days until we see if Hollister is indeed brought back or someone else is brought in from another team

• Like (+1) 2

Joe B. and Matt Fairburn have their take on the 53 man up in the Athletic.

Pulled this part on Jake Hollister:

Biggest surprise?

Buscaglia: The Bills’ decision to cut tight end Jake Hollister, but it’s only a semi-surprise. Hollister was one of a few options the Bills had to use a common cutdown day strategy for general manager Brandon Beane. With over four accrued seasons to his name, Hollister is considered a vested veteran by NFL rules. Hollister is not subject to waivers and is free to sign with any team after his release. The Bills could promise Hollister a nice signing bonus and guaranteed salary for his trouble of being off the roster for a couple of days, and in return, the Bills would maintain the flexibility to keep an extra young player on the initial roster and then open up a roster spot for Hollister by putting a player missing time on injured reserve. Those IR players can only participate this season if they are also kept on the initial 53-man roster, which is another reason Beane would need some room to maneuver with a player like Hollister. Some candidates for IR include wide receiver Isaiah McKenzie and defensive tackle Harrison Phillips. If they don’t end up using that strategy, you have to wonder what the plan is at tight end behind Dawson Knox. Before that all happens, though, let’s see how the next two days go and whether Hollister ends up back with the Bills.

Pretty much what various of us have been saying, so nothing earth-shaking, just interesting that two credentialed media see it the same way

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea the love affair with Knox is strange…. Guy is consistently inconsistent….  Can’t imagine they save much on the cap by cutting Hollister. Not that Hollister is great or anything, but you could argue he is an upgrade over Knox.

Forgot about “the Peterman” have you?