How Often Do You Watch the NFL Outside Bills Games?

My buddy asked me that question Saturday. And I had to think about it. I'd say I watch maybe 12 or 13 non Bills games per year. Many of them are Sunday and Monday night.

Thing is, if the Bills lose a 1 p.m. game, I feel in the dumps. I'm not interested in watching other teams. Sometimes I do. But I'm going through the motions.

What about yourself. How often are you watching non Bills NFL games?

• Like (+1) 1

All the time. Monday night, Sunday night and Thursday night. The Bills take priority of course but the best thing about having the Sunday Ticket is you get every game. Football is the best sport and there are so few games compared to other sports. From a sports standpoint football season is the best time of year.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

My buddy asked me that question Saturday. And I had to think about it. I'd say I watch maybe 12 or 13 non Bills games per year. Many of them are Sunday and Monday night.

Thing is, if the Bills lose a 1 p.m. game, I feel in the dumps. I'm not interested in watching other teams. Sometimes I do. But I'm going through the motions.

Well most Sundays I have 2 TVs going: 1 Bills and 1 the next best game or Redzone.  Then 2 games when the Bills are done.  Then Sunday night - at least part and part of Monday night.  I usually catch some of the Thursday night game before bed.  Plus Saturdays late in the season and All 3 games on Thanksgiving.

So probably close to 100 non-Bills games and this year will be more.

If they played both Saturday and Sunday - I would watch even more.  

It is the only sports worth watching right now.  Can’t stand Baseball or Basketball - both are just boring to me.  I don’t enjoy Soccer.  I love Hockey, but with the Sabres being bad - I don’t enjoy the rest of the games and even then I only watch a fraction - it just isn’t worth watching lots of games.

So I watch football and as many games as possible - love watching, talking, seeing highlights - any content available I try to consume.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Maybe 4-6 games a week, including Bills.  Sunday is good for 2-3 games and then I watch several condensed games on GamePass.  Sometimes a Mon or Thurs game, but usually I’d rather watch 2-3 condensed games than a half of most MNF or TNF games. 

• Agree 1

In September I kiss my wife goodbye and head up into my sports room.  I come back down in February for supplies and such.  Pretty much that whole time I'm watching football.

Incidentally I head right back up for the month of March and its madness before finally emerging for good in mid early April.

Go Bills

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I love football and watch as many games as I can.  That said, when I watch the Bills, it is total focus.  For other games, I usually have the TV on in the background while I am doing other things.  I have a fairly young family (even though I am not that young) that needs a lot of my time and attention, so it limits my ability to enjoy the games as much as I would like.  My DVR has become a good friend and I often watch sports after everyone has gone to bed.

This is a great question. I hardly watch football at all if it's not the Bills. I could blame that of work and parenthood and other commitments, but even considering those issues, I just don't enjoy it as much as I used to. Without the excitement of seeing the home town team succeed, the game is not that appealing. It's taken some time to reach this point, but I knew I was on this path more than a decade ago when I realized I didn't need or want to watch any pre-game shows or other programs outside of the actual Bills games. 

58 minutes ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

Pretty much every Sunday - we seldom get the Blls on here.  I may stream Bills games on computer with another game on TV and the sound muted.  Sometimes I just wait and watch on Gamepass.

Just now, RJ (not THAT RJ) said:

This is a great question. I hardly watch football at all if it's not the Bills. I could blame that of work and parenthood and other commitments, but even considering those issues, I just don't enjoy it as much as I used to. Without the excitement of seeing the home town team succeed, the game is not that appealing. It's taken some time to reach this point, but I knew I was on this path more than a decade ago when I realized I didn't need or want to watch any pre-game shows or other programs outside of the actual Bills games. 

I was the same way for basically a decade, but the recent success of the Bills and fantasy football has sucked me back in.  I still don't watch any of the national media peripheral stuff (pregame, daily/weekly ESPN/NFLN talkshows, etc.).  But the football itself is fun to watch now that the Bills are good, and, just generally, there is a ton of great young QB and WR talent to watch around the league.

• Like (+1) 1

I watch all the games that are on tv, keep track of box scores for fantasy and will watch quite a few of the more interesting games on Gamepass throughout the week.

Basically, my life is consumed by football during the season.

Edited by Bangarang