Cam Newton Released

gonzo1105

5 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Listening to 98.5 The Sports Hub today. Sounds like the Patriots found their new Tom Brady. Already making playoff plans.

Miami is making parade plans with Tua (Looks better in preseason than Allen did last season) Tagovailoa.

Jets fans have Zach Wilson in the hall of fame. 

The great thing about QBs who are still question marks is you don't know they suck yet. 

10 hours ago, Allen2Diggs said:

I'm suprised they weren't able to trade him for a late round pick. He would still be a solid backup.

He may have a no trade clause in contract.

I know someone who has a Pats* Newton genuine jersey.  He will be disappointed.

Too late for Newton to switch to TE?

1 hour ago, Bubba Gump said:

Not afraid of another Alabama QB coming into the NFL. The last Alabama QB to ever win a playoff game was Richard Todd for the 1983 Jets. The only Bama QB since, to play in a playoff game, was AJ McCarron five years ago, and that was because of an injury. Alabama QBs are the most overrated athletes in the world. It's hard for them to transition to the NFL after playing behind the best OL's by far, always have the best group of WR's and RB's in all of college football. Mac Jones is no different, I don't care who is coaching him. He's not in "Bama" anymore. Good luck rook, you're gonna need it. 

It looks like you haven't noticed, so let me help you out.

Times have changed. 

2 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

When an Alabama QB makes or wins a playoff game, then get back to me. 

I won't have to. You will remember this exchange and probably invent another reason to hate. Envy is something that eats away at you. It's worse than jealousy.

Bama now has 3 NFL starting QBs and a 5 star stepping in. The future looks bright.

Be well Bro.

31 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I won't have to. You will remember this exchange and probably invent another reason to hate. Envy is something that eats away at you. It's worse than jealousy.

Bama now has 3 NFL starting QBs and a 5 star stepping in. The future looks bright.

Be well Bro.

I dont know man - Tua was benched last year for a Journey Man QB and if not for said Journey Man QB the Phins would not have been close to playoffs.

Tua - unless a major improvement is seen, will most likely be replaced.

Hurts - He will be replaced as well.  He is Tyrod esque and I do not see him being more than a serviceable QB (there is a reason Tua replaced him in the national championship game) and had to transfer to another school just to start so does he really count as a "Alabama QB" if he transferred to play his senior year?

Jones - I am not sold on him at all.  I watched the 3rd preseason game and came away with - he is ok, he is accurate but I am not sure I see someone that will carry a team.  I don't see plays where i am like wow that is amazing.  

QBs from Bama get spoiled in Bama and tend to struggle in the NFL.  

Edited by CaliBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Cam has been a cowardly player, without a brain his entire career. When he got hit and hurt he became Trent Edwards. The Superman act wore real thin

For some. For others he was one of the most entertaining and least protected QBs of his time. And certainly not cowardly. 

• Agree 2

This cut should surprise no one, the result is that the new kid will be tossing a reduced version of a Billy B offense, catching lightning in a bottle a second time is what BB is betting on, who really thinks that’s gonna happen? 

10 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Miami is making parade plans with Tua (Looks better in preseason than Allen did last season) Tagovailoa.

Jets fans have Zach Wilson in the hall of fame. 

The great thing about QBs who are still question marks is you don't know they suck yet. 

Did Bills nation sound this deluded?

9 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

For some. For others he was one of the most entertaining and least protected QBs of his time. And certainly not cowardly. 

Not cowardly....Except when it came to jumping on fumbles

10 hours ago, CaliBills said:

I dont know man - Tua was benched last year for a Journey Man QB and if not for said Journey Man QB the Phins would not have been close to playoffs.

Not that I am here telling you Tua is great, I have my doubts about him too and while I see small improvements in pre-season I haven't seen anything suggesting he is about to have a major jump, but let's just stress test the statement above. Tua started 9 games and went 6-3. In two of those he was benched for Fitzpatrick - a comeback win against the Raiders and a loss against the Broncos. So in the games Tua started and finished as the Dolphins Quarterback he was 5-2. That doesn't look like a record that would "not have been close to the playoffs."  

• Agree 1