Cam Newton Released

gonzo1105

12 minutes ago, jletha said:

His lack of vaxx status opened the door and Jones sprinted through and slammed it shut.

Yeah, that is my thought. For those saying "YuO cAn'T bE cUt FoR nOt BeInG vAcCiNaTed". Cam may not have been good last year, but he is better than Hoyer and Stidham, They are rolling with a rookie and Brian Hoyer to start the season. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

4 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Very interesting, this tells me Belichik is up to something...Deshawn Watson trade imminent? Jimmy G reunion?

No way he's putting all his eggs in Mac Jones basket.

I was going there too.  Miami has a lot more capital than NE.  They could easily make the exchange with Watson.  NE may want Rodgers in a year.  That is something I can see.

Not surprised - he had a rough camp and preseason.  They like Jones, although I am not as impressed as others might be.  He was the 3rd best rookie QB in preseason, and this furthers my thought that the patriots are much more a 7-8 win team than a 10+.  Teams will throw a LOT at this kid in game.  

1 minute ago, Mango said:

Yeah, that is my thought. For those saying "YuO cAn'T bE cUt FoR nOt BeInG vAcCiNaTed". Cam may not have been good last year, but he is better than Hoyer and Stidham, They are rolling with a rookie and Brian Hoyer to start the season. 

Meh..not worse than us going into the season with Peterman and Allen.

Edited by Bangarang
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mannc said:

No, the dumpster fire would have been keeping and starting Cam.  This is a smart move by the Pats.

Jones looked good in the preseason from what I saw but we will see how he does in games that count. Same for Zach Wilson

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, machine gun kelly said:

I was going there too.  Miami has a lot more capital than NE.  They could easily make the exchange with Watson.  NE may want Rodgers in a year.  That is something I can see.

Belichik is desperate to win now and prove he can do so without Brady. Considering the money they through around in FA I could see them landing Watson and mortgaging the future since he won't be there in a few years to deal with the cap consequences.

Also there's the connection to the Texans GM Nick Caserio to consider here as well.....I really hope I'm wrong.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

This is Bill doing his best Cortez impersonation and burning his ships after he arrived in the New World.

There will be no QB controversy now.  The whole team will be forced to rally behind Jones.  

Bill knew they weren't going anywhere with Cam under center.  They might win more games with Cam this season, but not enough to make a real run.  He pushed all his chips in on the rookie.  

It was a smart move.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

What are you talking about? The Pats just drafted Jones in the first round and they’re going to see what he can do.  And no one is giving up a bunch of first round picks for someone who may have to register as a sex offender when he comes to town.

Cam has been thoroughly washed up for 2+ years.  I'm surprised the Pats gave him as much rope as they did.  This is definitely the right move for them, and I'm sure Cam will find at least one more team willing to kick the tires on him before he bows out of the league.