Views from the Opposition City - week 1 Pittsburgh

Lothar

9 minutes ago, eball said:

Ben played against the Bills last year.  Their front seven have new pieces, and their back four are questionable.  The Bills’ OL is “very mediocre?”  In whose rankings?  Buffalo — a team coming off a 15-4 season — has the most continuity in the league, an MVP candidate QB, and are playing in front of a packed house of their fans for the first time in more than a year and a half.  Why are fans so afraid of this game?

Yeah, I don’t get it either. Ben sucked last year. He absolutely refused to throw the ball downfield, and now, a year older, he’s gonna be a world-beater again? I can’t see this being a close game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, GreggTX said:

I'm certainly not looking past them. Ben is a big upgrade from whatzizname last year and they have a great front 7 to match up against our very mediocre OL.  Also, our DL remains a ? until they prove otherwise. 

I think we'll win, but I don't know if we'll win comfortably. Roethlesburger is past his prime, but he'll still have the Steelers in the mix in December.

If you don’t even know that Ben actually played in last years game how can we possibly expect you to know and understand that they lost vital pieces off their defense. And lost their 3 best lineman off an already garbage OL. 

… They will be firmly out of the mix by December. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, GreggTX said:

I'm certainly not looking past them. Ben is a big upgrade from whatzizname last year and they have a great front 7 to match up against our very mediocre OL.  Also, our DL remains a ? until they prove otherwise. 

I think we'll win, but I don't know if we'll win comfortably. Roethlesburger is past his prime, but he'll still have the Steelers in the mix in December.

The whatzizname we played last year is Ben Roethlisburger 

• Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

The whatzizname we played last year is Ben Roethlisburger 

6 hours ago, GreggTX said:

Whatzizname guy sucked! Good thing they upgraded 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, GreggTX said:

Er...the whatzizname who played 15 games and won 12 for the Steelers last year is named Ben ....Ben Roethlisberger to be exact

Are you saying this year's Ben is a big upgrade from last year's Ben after aging a year?

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Er...the whatzizname who played 15 games and won 12 for the Steelers last year is named Ben ....Ben Roethlisberger to be exact

Are you saying this year's Ben is a big upgrade from last year's Ben after aging a year?

Well technically his arm is probably going to be in his best shape all year.  I am sure it will degrade as the season goes on.

9 hours ago, eball said:

Ben played against the Bills last year.  Their front seven have new pieces, and their back four are questionable.  The Bills’ OL is “very mediocre?”  In whose rankings?  Buffalo — a team coming off a 15-4 season — has the most continuity in the league, an MVP candidate QB, and are playing in front of a packed house of their fans for the first time in more than a year and a half.  Why are fans so afraid of this game?

Because we're imbued with the notion "we can't have nice things"

3 hours ago, eball said:

Let the BBFS go…you’ll be glad you did. 

I have. Finally just expecting excellence. I’m also doing my best to quit being so triggered and sensitive by anyone that hints towards the bills having troubles…. We Bills fans have a lot to work through. 😂

• Like (+1) 2

Here's a link to a Steeler's fan message board thread about the Bills game.  Pretty level headed discussion.  Consensus is that it will be a long day for the Steelers in Orchard Park.

http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/51461-A-Look-Ahead-to-BUF

The way I see this game is that if Pittsburgh wins we're going to have to see a  historic, jaw dropping NFL debut from Najee Harris.  If he can put up 200 all purpose yards and 3 TDs on our defense, they have a shot.  Otherwise, I think the Steelers defense is just going to be outgunned without Tuit, and with TJ Watt in questionable football shape.  Combine that with a statue-like Big Ben behind what will likely be one of the worst O-Lines in football this year, and I think there is some money to be made taking the Bills minus 6.5

Edited by Inigo Montoya

30 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Here's a link to a Steeler's fan message board thread about the Bills game.  Pretty level headed discussion.  Consensus is that it will be a long day for the Steelers in Orchard Park.

http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/51461-A-Look-Ahead-to-BUF

The way I see this game is that if Pittsburgh wins we're going to have to see a  historic, jaw dropping NFL debut from Najee Harris.  If he can put up 200 all purpose yards and 3 TDs on our defense, they have a shot.  Otherwise, I think the Steelers defense is just going to be outgunned without Tuit, and with TJ Watt in questionable football shape.  Combine that with a statue-like Big Ben behind what will likely be one of the worst O-Lines in football this year, and I think there is some money to be made taking the Bills minus 6.5

Agree, most seem pretty reasonable in their discussion

Then there's this guy

image.thumb.png.de33acdbb78ef32b96f0eec54344f57e.png

• Haha (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

Pittsburgh will always be formidable with Tomlin and Ben.  

They'll be formidable without Tomlin and Ben, too! 

They are one of the more solid major league franchises in North American sports.