Views from the Opposition City - week 1 Pittsburgh

Lothar

On 8/30/2021 at 11:46 PM, Lothar said:

Pitt Tribune writer thinks Bills will lose to Steelers because they are "disheveled" due to Covid. A couple other tidbits about problems along their offensive line and their linebackers.

https://triblive.com/sports/mark-madden-steelers-will-beat-disheveled-bills-in-week-1/

The Steelers will beat host Buffalo in the opener. The constant covid debate surrounding the Bills has them disheveled. The Steelers are all football. Steelers win. You heard it here.

I like when our opponent's media feels confident. I get more relaxed.

It sounds like Madden really hasn’t been following the Bills much this preseason, outside of him Twitter timeline.  Because if you’re going solely by the Tweets of Beasley, McKenzie, Hughes and Feliciano, it does appear that the team could be divided on the COVID issue.

In actuality though, that’s not the case.  By all reports and in limited snaps in the preseason, the team (especially offense) seems to be firing on all cylinders.  

Classic case of a blustery columnist who loves attention (good or bad) being too lazy to really research the opponent 

6 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

I heard McDermott takes laxatives daily to let his body adjust to them, just in case this exact scenario happens.  This way his body will just see it as part of the process, and hold the BM until after the game.

I heard he acts like a bear and fills his bowels and hair as a plug and in offseason between end of season and then has it unplugged by Bills' medical staff.

17 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

i've already brought this up multiple times but the losses of Hilton and Nelson for them arent being talked about nearly enough. Its just assumed they'll be an elite defense again this year. But thats arguably the best nickel cb in the game and a very good #2 corner that are gone.... not to mention they now wont have Tuitt(11 sacks) for at least the first 3 weeks of the season. Those are notable absences.

I expect Sanders and Beasley to come away with full bellies from the slot in this matchup. 

Totally agree Stank!  Their CBs are going to really be challenged by Daboll and a good number of 4 WR sets.

You might know better than I but after Hayden LCB and Sutton RCB (who has only been a depth player so far) listed in their depth chart I have

no idea who is slotted for NCB let alone dime.  Looks like mismatches galore experience wise for the Bills WRs.

• Agree 1

Steelers make a trade with the Seahawks for CB Ahkello Witherspoon

The Steelers have made a trade for cornerback help, and it comes in the form of a player named Ahkello Witherspoon.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2021/9/3/22655991/steelers-make-a-trade-with-the-seahawks-for-cb-ahkello-witherspoon-breaking-news-nfl-rumors-update

I don't know anything about Witherspoon, and from the comments, few Steeler fans are familiar with him or know if he'll play outside/inside or be available Week 1. 

12 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

Steelers make a trade with the Seahawks for CB Ahkello Witherspoon

The Steelers have made a trade for cornerback help, and it comes in the form of a player named Ahkello Witherspoon.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2021/9/3/22655991/steelers-make-a-trade-with-the-seahawks-for-cb-ahkello-witherspoon-breaking-news-nfl-rumors-update

I don't know anything about Witherspoon, and from the comments, few Steeler fans are familiar with him or know if he'll play outside/inside or be available Week 1. 

I don’t know either but They didn’t give up much for him

From what I've read on some of their message boards, their OL is suspect, especially at C and RT.  Groot's first regular season sack as a rookie against R-burger should be memorable.

Edited by Peace Frog

15 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

From what I've read on some of their message boards, their OL is suspect, especially at C and RT.  Groot's first regular season sack as a rookie against R-burger should be memorable.

I’ve gotta think LT is a worry for them as well. I read yesterday it was gonna be their 4th round rookie with Banner now on the IR. 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 9/2/2021 at 5:13 PM, Chicken Boo said:

Then the Bills have no reason losing or struggling to win a game, at home, against an average team with an ailing o-line then, right?

I mean if we're going off of previous years, the Bills are terrible against the run and weak against tight ends.

Only last year were we weak against tight ends. We have been good other years. Run defense has been a problem but I don’t think they have the horses on OL.  

Edited by YattaOkasan

24 minutes ago, CaliBills said:

is TJ Watt signed yet?  

I imagine since he hasnt been practicing at all, he will not play vs the Bills next weekend.

they also have TItu (spelling) on IR.  So their DLine definitely will not be as disruptive without those 2.

Stop. If he shows up under contract he plays. 

we should all expect to see watt next Sunday. The Tuitt loss is a big one though. 

I'm certainly not looking past them. Ben is a big upgrade from whatzizname last year and they have a great front 7 to match up against our very mediocre OL.  Also, our DL remains a ? until they prove otherwise. 

I think we'll win, but I don't know if we'll win comfortably. Roethlesburger is past his prime, but he'll still have the Steelers in the mix in December.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, GreggTX said:

I think we'll win, but I don't know if we'll win comfortably. Roethlesburger is past his prime, but he'll still have the Steelers in the mix in December.

With a 17 game schedule, only the Jets won’t be in the mix in December -well maybe Houston too..

2 hours ago, GreggTX said:

I'm certainly not looking past them. Ben is a big upgrade from whatzizname last year and they have a great front 7 to match up against our very mediocre OL.  Also, our DL remains a ? until they prove otherwise. 

Ben played against the Bills last year.  Their front seven have new pieces, and their back four are questionable.  The Bills’ OL is “very mediocre?”  In whose rankings?  Buffalo — a team coming off a 15-4 season — has the most continuity in the league, an MVP candidate QB, and are playing in front of a packed house of their fans for the first time in more than a year and a half.  Why are fans so afraid of this game?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1