Views from the Opposition City - week 1 Pittsburgh

Lothar

Pitt Tribune writer thinks Bills will lose to Steelers because they are "disheveled" due to Covid. A couple other tidbits about problems along their offensive line and their linebackers.

https://triblive.com/sports/mark-madden-steelers-will-beat-disheveled-bills-in-week-1/

The Steelers will beat host Buffalo in the opener. The constant covid debate surrounding the Bills has them disheveled. The Steelers are all football. Steelers win. You heard it here.

I like when our opponent's media feels confident. I get more relaxed.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Rothlesburger has a rifle, it's true.

Its just that Allen has a cannon....

They lack the cornerbacks to watch our WRs. Expect our top four to have a good day.

They couldn't watch our three last year, Sanders is going to break their hearts.

They also don't have anywhere near the OL to exact a strong run game vs. us.

On paper, we should beat them worse than last year.

The game was very close in the first half....till TJ's big play then....

Diggs and Allen (with help from the OL, Davis and Beasley) took the game over.

Kudos to the Stealers for keeping us out of the endzone with a first down  on the one.....

Though our OC knew the field goal was enough and probably kept it safe.

The Bills are the better team with the better QB and had the better offseason....

Bills - 31, Stealers - 17.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Lothar said:

Pitt Tribune writer thinks Bills will lose to Steelers because they are "disheveled" due to Covid. A couple other tidbits about problems along their offensive line and their linebackers.

https://triblive.com/sports/mark-madden-steelers-will-beat-disheveled-bills-in-week-1/

The Steelers will beat host Buffalo in the opener. The constant covid debate surrounding the Bills has them disheveled. The Steelers are all football. Steelers win. You heard it here.

I like when our opponent's media feels confident. I get more relaxed.

Bills sure disheveled Green Bay. 

Now granted, that was GB backups, but also a lot of our backups,

It was just far too surgical for "disheveled" to be an adjective.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

My hair used to be disheveled, then I lost it.

If that's an analogy to the Steelers dude, and the Bills, I say your hair used to be disheveled, then you shed it in favor of a powerful smooth scalp.

Out of any Bills dishevelment, a powerful smooth scalp will arise, and the ones scalped will be the Steelers.

That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it!

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Well, consider this, They can't say.

1. Their QBs look like 💩

2. Teams are scoring a ton of points against them.

3. They've gotten worse in the off season.

4. They don't have team depth.

5. Their draft picks look terrible.

6. Nobody's expecting much from them.

So I guess the narrative has to be BILLS DISHEVELED BY COVID! News at 11. 😅😅😅😅😅

• Agree 1

I went and looked at the Steelers message board, since y'know maybe we should look at more than one opinion. No one has really mentioned the Bills yet other than a few saying that they would need all hands on deck in order to stand a chance against us.

Gotta stretch out the Steelers defense and make those linebackers run sideline to sideline to gas them out. 

Not worried about Ben having a big day. Diontae is good but Tre will have him covered. Asides from that, the Steelers will probably try to slow down the game via ground n pound like pre-JA17 bills football. 

As long as the offense gets 28 by the start of the 4th, then I see no way the Steelers can keep up.  

Edited by GETTOTHE50

1 hour ago, NickelCity said:

Ben's arm had more pop than I expected when I watched him this preseason. Kind of unlucky that we got them early in the season when he can still throw actual NFL passes, but I still think we win. 

I went and watched their 3rd preseason game when Ben and Najee were in.  Ben threw a beautiful bomb on one play and Najee can catch the ball.  Should be a good test for both teams.

2 hours ago, NickelCity said:

Ben's arm had more pop than I expected when I watched him this preseason. Kind of unlucky that we got them early in the season when he can still throw actual NFL passes, but I still think we win. 

Agree totally with this. If this game was post week 8 I wouldn't have a single doubt about it. Ben was a good Quarterback through 5 or 6 weeks last year and then his arm just lost all power. Would not be surprised to see the same again. I think the Bills win but Pitt was a team I did not want to see week 1.