DeShaun Watson will be inactive every game??

cage

This doesn't make any sense.  Shouldn't he be put on Commish exempt list?  They can't play him, they can't really trade him and realize value.  While I'm glad he's not suiting up in the AFC East, it seems to be unfair leave his situation hanging like this...

The Texans… Bwahahahahaha…, 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, cage said:

This doesn't make any sense.  Shouldn't he be put on Commish exempt list?  They can't play him, they can't really trade him and realize value.  While I'm glad he's not suiting up in the AFC East, it seems to be unfair leave his situation hanging like this...

Watson made his bed, now he gets to sleep in it. Oh and hes being paid 10.54 million bucks, he will be fine

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1. optics 

2. what are things teams do when working to trade a valuable asset for a hundred Alex 

3. Taiwan Jones catch on third-and-long with Milano making a poor coverage play, the bomb to DiMarco, going to the Duke in the crunch...we've come a long, long way and learned a lot from that...

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

This is positioning during negotiations. Someone is telling them you have no choice and they are leaking this to make bettwr leverage 

That is my thought. I don't get the sense that Houston has tried to take any moral high ground through any of this. 

Somebody is trying to drive the value down?

I have sort of lost track of his whole saga, but skill set aside, I do not see much value in trading for him if I am a team. At any moment he could end up on the commissioners exempt list. For all we know, the guy could end up in jail in 9 months. Why would I give up a haul for that? 

• Agree 2

56 minutes ago, cage said:

Why is it unfair? He burned his bridge as far as ever playing for the Texans again and the Texans are going to wait until more teams arr once again in the market for a starting QB, thus maximizing THEIR asset.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

The said he would be the next Jordan because he ran around. He took major hits for a year, then the league gave him that wild card win. Now they'll land him on a team and dump a bunch of money in it to try to salvage their mistake like they did with the dog killer.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 2