Bills trading Daryll Johnson to the Panthers for 6th rd pick

Process

Interesting. Johnson has looked good, would much rather have traded or cut Addison, who at this point brings very little to the table. 

At the end of the day someone had to go, so can't be mad at getting a draft pick out of it. 

Edited by Process
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Sad 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Angry 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

Interesting, I hope we get a decent pick and/or quality player in return (DB).

Sucks to see him go but it was obviously going to be him or Addison as the odd man out here given the depth and between the two he has upside and can presumably get us the most in return for a trade. I still wouldn't rule out cutting/trading Addison though either....

5 minutes ago, Process said:

Interesting. We knew a DE was going to get traded. Johnson has looked good, would much rather have traded Addison, who at this point brings very little to the table. 

It takes two, and he’s older and more expensive. Bam has more trade value and is buried on this team outside of ST. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I am going to say it.... I don't love it. I'd rather Addison or Obada go if they don't want to keep 7 ends but hey ho. 

Wonder what the return is. Beane was hyping him up pretty good during the preseason game. Maybe we were fielding calls for all these guys and the best return was Johnson?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I am going to say it.... I don't love it. I'd rather Addison or Obada go if they don't want to keep 7 ends but hey ho. 

I don't either, but the reality is he's really a ST standout that has had a grand total of 2 sacks his first two years here. Sure he could end up doing more in an expanded role in Carolina but this team is loaded and outside of ST he was probably going to get even less reps at DE than he did the previous two years had he made the team.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

I thought the pipeline was only one direction. Since when do we send Bills players south? WTH Beane!

Nope, expect more Bills to end up there. Dan Morgan is the Asst GM.

Just now, aristocrat said:

Does beane have any other phone numbers? Or does he just go to his favorites and there are the panthers?

I think Dan Morgan is going after players he knows and calling the Bills, not the other way around. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.