Wanna "bet"?

Draconator

harken back to the old days when the weekly "card" featuring the teams and the point spread was all there was to betting, it made you feel like you part of the network, the underground, and some would say what you are doing is illegal and you could be arrested, esp if you win, so dont say where you got the card from..and a tie meant you lost...the daze of mis-spent youth and a few lost dollars

Edited by First Round Bust
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I'm not a gambler, so this doesn't affect me (directly) at all.

I don't see what the big deal is with allowing gambling OR with advertisements on jerseys.  If it generates revenue for the NFL, how is that a bad thing?

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I'm not a gambler, so this doesn't affect me (directly) at all.

I don't see what the big deal is with allowing gambling OR with advertisements on jerseys.  If it generates revenue for the NFL, how is that a bad thing?

That's a shame because you can make good money on people underestimating the Bills. I killed last year. There's an upside to haters doubting Josh Allen.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

this is awesome, but what does it mean?  Can you bet regardless of the state you are in, only in-stadium, etc?  

It’s probably still illegal if you’re in a southern state.

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

That's a shame because you can make good money on people underestimating the Bills. I killed last year. There's an upside to haters doubting Josh Allen.

That ship sailed but there will probably be 3 or 4 games that are gimmes for us fans.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Governor said:

It’s probably still illegal if you’re in a southern state.

Or New York. They still haven't approved bids.

Edited by LeviF
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, costrovs said:

cool.

I don't really have an issue with gambling, as long as it's done responsibly. But I do have an issue with refs/players/coaches throwing games. And we all know it's gonna happen.

There has been gambling on the NFL for decades. What in your mind has changed with this news?

28 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Well, find a Jet fan to take advantage of, they always way over estimate what their sad team is capable of.

• Haha (+1) 3