Bills cuts to get to 53 [final info in the OP]

YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

and I just got here so.... am I not allowed to post my opinion because the discussion happened 3 hours ago?  What is the time limit on having a comment?

I'm just joking. If you see how weirdly contentious it got, you'll get it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

This has probably been covered but I have to imagine a new corner is going to join the team. 

It has been and as I've said, I don't see it. Beane and McDermott have said time and again when it's brought up that they are very comfortable with their Corner's. And if you look at it, it's the same squad of 5 they had last season. Just with Dane Jackson in place of Josh Norman. If they were going to make a move, they'd have done it by now. Anyone brought in now would have to get up to speed with the Defense with the season ongoing. We're rolling with who we got on the 53 with Cam Lewis and Rachad Wildgoose on the Practice Squad, most likely.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

This has probably been covered but I have to imagine a new corner is going to join the team. 

Maybe, but I really doubt it.  They have the same number as last year with a bit more inside/outside flexibility.  They will also keep 2 CBs and a safety on the PS much like last year.

I think they are set, but maybe if the right guy is released they will trade something out, but my guess is they have the guys they want.

1 minute ago, youthemanog said:

Wade? Is he still on the team?

IR as he needs shoulder surgery.  They can’t cut him - so he just looks like he made the team, but he didn’t.  He is done for the year - at least with the Bills.

3 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

IR as he needs shoulder surgery.  They can’t cut him - so he just looks like he made the team, but he didn’t.  He is done for the year - at least with the Bills.

No, but they can reach an injury settlement. Which is pretty likely, in my opinion, as he's done this year and likely won't be exempt for a 4th season. Also if he was already exempt, why put him on the IR for the year unless they planned on coming to a settlement and being done with it?

13 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

They actually have Ferguson listed on the roster with an asterisk next to his name. Casts a bit more doubt on Hollister's return.

Not on the Bills website.  He's not on the roster and the depth chart has no one listed for LS.  Sal's chart is his own.  Not official.

Edited by jkeerie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I won't be happy if the Hollister cut is legitimate. Knox is too inconsistent to hand him the job. Hollister can catch the ball. I'm hoping it is just an IR gymnastics move like most of us think.

Yeah, like, for versions of "lately" equal to 75% of training camp and hurt again.

Until Sweeney proves he can be durable, keeping Knox and Sweeney is like keeping 1 TE

Of course, it's entirely possible that the Bills have their eyes on another TE who is on the cutout bin

• Disagree 1