Bills cuts to get to 53 [final info in the OP]

YoloinOhio

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think it's safe to say that Reid Ferguson "took one for the team" and got cut so someone else could go on IR and re-sign

Question is: who?

It's not Hodgins.

Jaquan Johnson, Marquez Stevenson, Tommy Sweeney, Harry Phillips  all options

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

And in the least surprising news of the day.... Taiwan Jones is on the team.

So we now have 5 RB's on the team, yes I include Gilliam as a RB.

Is Breida going to be inactive all season?

Just now, Rocky Landing said:

I'm curious if there's a similar reserve Covid designation like last year? It would be cruel, but I wouldn't be surprised if Fromm had that same role this year.

Good question. They kept most of the same rules as last year from the PS. Not sure about that one. 

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think it's safe to say that Reid Ferguson "took one for the team" and got cut so someone else could go on IR and re-sign

Question is: who?

It's not Hodgins.

Harrison Phillips maybe?

• Agree 1

Just now, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I’m glad they booted Fromm.

He’s the type of QB the old Bills would have hung onto and talked about how much he has grown. 

PS almost for sure.  He might actually get a bump from the minimum to sign.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

with Reid’s expected return, the ONLY thing I’m concerned with is just 5 CBs. I get that the high number of LBs remain for STs. But we must be expecting a certain CB to join the team.

Sources from deep within??

I'm waiting to see when all the dust clears how much cap Beane has to work with.

If he goes out of house for anything I think it could be a CB.

At least it's a hope of mine.

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

To me the biggest surprise, albeit a small one, is they kept 6 LBs (Dodson), and only 5 CBs!

Interesting, but the QB’s they face this year are not great and they face more run first/TE teams.

My guess is we see a lot more base 4-3 defense this year with NE, NYJ, Miami, Tennessee- all run heavy and short pass oriented.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I honestly don't believe he was ever on the bubble for the powers that be inside the building. They held him out until game 3 just like they did with all their other untouchables and people created all sorts of narratives as to why his holding out was different to all the others. It wasn't. He was on their untouchable list.

Neither did I. Second stint with the team. ST captain. He wasn’t going anywhere.

• Agree 1