Bills cuts to get to 53 [final info in the OP]

YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

In my opinion his off field stuff leading to him getting isolated last week was the final straw. He isn't good enough to not conform

Very well could be...still not a story that needs this much coverage.  He is a shell of himself and is at best a fringe starter in the NFL currently, who cares if he was cut in terms of non stop coverage in sports media about it

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Dude, it was NUTS!  I was watching First take this morning which is MUCH more tolerable without Stephen A on it right now and it came across like 10 min into the broadcast as "breaking news".  ONE HOUR LATER they still had NOT stopped talking about it as I had the TV running while I was making some breakfast and returning some work emails.  I finally had to turn it off, I could not take another minute of it.  Came back to it later out of morbid curiosity, and STILL talking about it.

Like who cares, geezus, its not even a shock.  He threw for like 8 TD's in 15 games last year...like why is this a shock or even a story, he was outplayed all preseason by Mac Jones, and Cam is no where near a fit for BB and McDaniels offense.  

I can not believe how much talk there is about Cam getting cut...for me it was like DUH, his arm is shot and is not very good anymore...of course he was cut after the Pats used a first round pick on a QB who literally is in the mold of Brady in terms of style of play, physical traits, etc.  

It was a bigger story when the Pats even brought him back this year...like no one with a right mind saw that coming after how bad he looked last year throwing balls into the dirt with no pressure on him.  

Of course, we do have a 13-page thread devoted to it. Just sayin'...

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Very well could be...still not a story that needs this much coverage.  He is a shell of himself and is at best a fringe starter in the NFL currently, who cares if he was cut in terms of non stop coverage in sports media about it

Whether it's deserved or not is immaterial -- Cam Newton is a genuine celebrity, and none of the other guys getting cut or traded are. This was totally predictable. 

1 hour ago, Gavin in Va Beach said:

See Tasker, Steve

That was well before the kick off line was moved up. Now probably 75% of kickoffs aren’t returned. We will make 3-4 special teams tackles per game. Keep that in mind.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I just checked the Raiders' box scores. Peterman actually did play ever single snap at QB in all three games. Weird.

I actually watched that game because I like SF and the great Greg Papa was on the call.  I have no idea the last time that happened.  Possibly the 60's? I honestly don't know. 

Btw-he looks the same.  Idk why Gruden loves him so much. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

2 TDs and 4 INTs -- a rate that's par for the course for him.

Par for the course!?!?  Such disrespect for Nathan Peterman, I mean he has clearly turned a corner!  I mean thats a huge improvement from his 3 TD 12 INT career in Buffalo!  I mean he went from 1 TD per 4 INT to now 1 TD per 2 INT...he is now TWICE as good as he was here! 😂🤣😂

#MVPsleeper

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I am curious of Desmond Trufant still. It has been quietly nagging at me all day. I don't know how much he has left in the tank, but he is at least "young enough" to help fill out our depth better than Norman or Vontae did. Not sure he would upset Levi, but we have depth issues as a whole. I would kick the tires and see what it would cost. 

• Agree 2