Bills cuts to get to 53 [final info in the OP]

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Nobody has proved to the coaching staff that they are in the same league. If/when they do, I imagine Taiwan will be gone. So yes, at this point in time, I have to assme he is head and shoulders above some of the others being considered.

At I know how to tell time. It's past 4! Where's the 53 list?

I've made my position clear about interchangeability of non-kicker ST players as long they're functional runners, blockers, and tacklers and intelligent enough to consistently execute their assigned role, but has anyone considered that the 33-year old Jones may have actually lost a step and/or started breaking down? Now is the time when that sort of thing happens in players' careers. Careers are short in this league for fringe players, and he's living on borrowed time anyway at age 33. I'm not saying he's in physical decline, but if the Bills don't keep him, that may be a reason. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I'm just thrilled to have the Bills finally in a place where we are arguing whether to keep a ST Gunner vs 5th RB vs 7th WR, instead of trying to figure out a solution at QB, LT, DE, or any other starting position.

Work your magic, Beane.

GO BILLS!

Exactly!  This roster is stacked and it’s so awesome, love Beane!

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Well we don’t know that either.  Did you watch the gunners all preseason?  I mean we dominated the opponents in preseason, so how did the guys playing gunner look?

I didn’t pay attention to them much, but I also did not see any bad ST plays either.  And Taiwan didn’t play a snap in the preseason which tells me they were looking at other players because even Josh Allen played.  Taiwan is not more important than Allen, Hughes, Cole, etc who all played in the third game.

So now the question is, did someone show well enough in that role to fill his role…we will know soon enough.  

The legend of Taiwan Jones, Gunner God, is reaching epic proportions now!

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, dave mcbride said:

I've made my position clear about interchangeability of non-kicker ST players as long they're functional runners, blockers, and tacklers and intelligent enough to consistently execute their assigned role, but has anyone considered that the 33-year old Jones may have actually lost a step and/or started breaking down? Now is the time when that sort of thing happens in players' careers. Careers are short in this league for fringe players, and he's living on borrowed time anyway at age 33. I'm not saying he's in physical decline, but if the Bills don't keep him, that may be a reason. 

I could honestly care less - however the 2019 team had a punt blocked, and a KO returned for a touchdown, and Jones was not on that team. I don't think i care if its Jones, just that they have solid players on special teams.  I think its valuable from the depth of the team.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, dneveu said:

I could honestly care less - however the 2019 team had a punt blocked, and a KO returned for a touchdown, and Jones was not on that team. I don't think i care if its Jones, just that they have solid players on special teams.  I think its valuable from the depth of the team.

Their kickoff return for a TD was on an onside kick with a minute to go and the game over, and it was by actual starter Micah Hyde who stupidly decided to run it in rather than take a knee. Fitz came out gunslinging (no surprise there) and in the last minute of garbage time marched Miami most of the way down the field over a half dozen plays. The Bills had gotten nicked up in that game, and I was thinking the whole time that another injury might well happen. So I don't count that one as legit. 

Edited by dave mcbride

8 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Thanks for reminding me.  I got to go to the ex-girlfriends shop to get a haircut right now.  Hopefully I won't miss anything.

See you guys in a few!

Do you go visit the tax-preparer ex every April?

and keep in mind the chips and salsa are already free at the Mexican joints

3 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

If he makes the roster this year considering all things we know about this team. It will solidify Taiwan’s status along side Tasker I guess. 

Yah I wouldn’t put his name ANYWHERE NEAR Tasker 

8 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Well we don’t know that either.  Did you watch the gunners all preseason?  I mean we dominated the opponents in preseason, so how did the guys playing gunner look?

I didn’t pay attention to them much, but I also did not see any bad ST plays either.  And Taiwan didn’t play a snap in the preseason which tells me they were looking at other players because even Josh Allen played.  Taiwan is not more important than Allen, Hughes, Cole, etc who all played in the third game.

So now the question is, did someone show well enough in that role to fill his role…we will know soon enough.  

Taiwan played on Saturday. 

Just now, Putin said:

Yah I wouldn’t put his name ANYWHERE NEAR Tasker 

Well it must be somewhere near there, after all we have decided to keep a full time gunner when we barely punt, we have bassomatic, and we run 5 wide and could use extra WRs with McKittrick hurt. All of this and we still decide to keep Taiwan. That would have to mean something. 

2 minutes ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

for the love of everything that's holy, can someone please start a separate thread dedicated to everything Taiwan Jones?

im with this guy i dont give a rats a** bout Taiwan anymore just want to see the cuts 😀

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1