Bills cuts to get to 53 [final info in the OP]

YoloinOhio

8 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Well, he looked good in preseason, the Josh connection isn't nothing, and the current compliment of healthy TEs is Knox and the FB Gilliam. The concern is not ridiculous.

Right but it takes two to tango.  If someone comes calling he can just say- im going back to buffalo.  I assume he knows the plan here.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/30/2021 at 11:17 AM, YoloinOhio said:

They begin 

[Mod Edit to put current info in the OP]

As of Sun 9:15 pm

1 trade (Bam Johnson)

As of Monday 9:30 am:

Jack Anderson OG (possible PS)

Jamil Douglas OG

Kerryith White RB

Antonio Williams RB (possible PS)

Tanner Gentry WR (possible PS)

Brandon Powell WR

Steven Sims WR

Nate Becker TE

Jacob Hollister TE 👀👀

Quinton Morris TE (possible PS)
Tim Harris CB

Cam Lewis CB

Roster currently at 68

Sal's roster that he seems to be trying to keep up to date

https://twitter.com/SalSports/status/1432389619660771345?s=20

I would consider Cam Lewis a PS candidate as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I was really hoping they would find a way to stash him on IR. His injury against Chicago was probably way too

minor. 

I hear ya, but the problem with putting him IR is that he can't practice at any point all year.  Hard for him to improve much without being able to practice.  He can still work on the mental aspects of the game, but I don't know how much that'll help him improve just on its own.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Cash said:

I hear ya, but the problem with putting him IR is that he can't practice at any point all year.  Hard for him to improve much without being able to practice.  He can still work on the mental aspects of the game, but I don't know how much that'll help him improve just on its own.

An unlimited number of players can return from a team’s injured reserve list, and they are eligible after missing a minimum of only three games.

After three weeks, the player becomes eligible to return to practice. Once he returns to practice, the team has 21 days to place him back on the active roster.

Previously, a team had only two IR-return designations it could use in a season and a player was required to miss a minimum of eight weeks.

Only players on the 53-player roster after Sept. 1 are eligible to be designated for return from IR or the non-football injury list.

In other words the same modfied IR rules as last season.

Just now, FlaFitz1 said:

An unlimited number of players can return from a team’s injured reserve list, and they are eligible after missing a minimum of only three games.

After three weeks, the player becomes eligible to return to practice. Once he returns to practice, the team has 21 days to place him back on the active roster.

Previously, a team had only two IR-return designations it could use in a season and a player was required to miss a minimum of eight weeks.

Only players on the 53-player roster after Sept. 1 are eligible to be designated for return from IR or the non-football injury list.

The post you replied to seems to mean putting him in IR before roster cut to 53. In that case, players can not return from IR.

12 minutes ago, FlaFitz1 said:

I think you and the chap you're responding to may be at cross-purposes

His point seems to be that we have to put Doyle on the 53-man roster at least initially, in order for him to go on IR, return and be eligible to practice with the team at any point this year.

20 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

So it looks like only one draft pick (Anderson) might not make the roster?  Wildgoose is a question mark too, but has a good shoot with Cam out.  Pretty impressive on a deep roster.

I think its impressive from a GM perspective.  Really shows how him and McD work together.  Theserookies are not necessarily the best players at this moment.  For example I think Josh Thomas played better than Hamlin (its close so fine if someone disagrees), but I definitely still wanted Hamlin on the roster (even potentially over Thomas).  The reason (I think but would like some help with) is to retain that rookie contract and control.  This doesnt happen if McD and Beane are not on the same page for roster construction both this year and going forward.

1 hour ago, FlaFitz1 said:

Watch Beane flip Carolina's 6th for Njoku - he makes $6 million this year and is a FA next year.   Much cheaper than what they would have to give up for Ertz and his $12.7 million this season.   

Would love Njoku.  I have liked him for a while.  I think there is some untapped potential there.  That said, I don't think it will ever happen.