Bills cuts to get to 53 [final info in the OP]

YoloinOhio

38 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Unless Bills have a gentleman's agreement with Hollister, they cut him to IR a player once the 53 are set, the scenario numerous folks have outlined. Then you save $550K by going with Hollister. Hard to understand?

I don't believe in gentleman's agreements when money in on the line.  Hollister is now allowed to negotiate with any team.  It could cost the Bills more than 550k than what they were going to pay Hollister.

20 minutes ago, FlaFitz1 said:

Watch Beane flip Carolina's 6th for Njoku - he makes $6 million this year and is a FA next year.   Much cheaper than what they would have to give up for Ertz and his $12.7 million this season.   

Honestly would love Njoku. I think he's got some untapped talent. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

34 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

Just how much do you think we should dismantle our ST from last season?

I'm perfectly fine with Bass kicking in the end zone every kick off and we shouldn't be punting too much.

You really shouldn't need more than Neal, Kumerow, Smith, and Matakevich as ST aces.

• Disagree 3

5 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

I don't believe in gentleman's agreements when money in on the line.  Hollister is now allowed to negotiate with any team.  It could cost the Bills more than 550k than what they were going to pay Hollister.

You may not “believe” in them but the Bills did it twice last year with Andre Roberts and Dean Marlowe.  It happens.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

“Had a great camp/preseason”

he did...?

He has a steady pre-season. But he didn't have those splash plays he needed to force his way onto the roster. I thought he missed a huge chance on Saturday night getting the start opposite Tre and he had a couple of mental mistakes that led to catches. He was toast after that. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2