Bills cuts to get to 53 [final info in the OP]

YoloinOhio

4 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I don’t see that as the question.  Breida is a clear RB3 right? Assume he’s on the roster 

This is apparently true but I don’t really get it. McKenzie was fine on those sweeps and gadget plays and Brieda didn’t show much out of the backfield in the preseason.

5 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

A legit little birdie tells me that Taiwan is staying in Buffalo. ;)

load up with birdshot then.

jk

1 minute ago, vincec said:

This is apparently true but I don’t really get it. McKenzie was fine on those sweeps and gadget plays and Brieda didn’t show much out of the backfield in the preseason.

Rather have Mc he has become a worthwhile #5 WR and does returns. and gadget player already proven

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

What incentive would he have to sign that contract mid season - unless you are offering him big time money?

He took this gig to get a chance to learn in a low pressure environment and see what Josh does as a leader to help himself.

He has already showed that he has picked up a lot of ability at reading defenses and making good reads if you give him options and more importantly he is learning what kinds of throws to make in specific situations.

In Chicago - he was over drafted and the coaching staff has shown themselves to be very poor at leadership as just look at the number of QBs that have gone through and not one has looked effective.  Now you have another guy in Dalton that looks worse in that offensive scheme than he did in Dallas after taking over and significantly worse than Cincinnati.  

I think if Daboll leaves and goes to a couple of different places like Minnesota or Denver where they have a nice WR room, but are lacking a QB - Mitch could come in and make that team instantly better.  As a QB - he had a winning record in Chicago, lead them to multiple playoff appearances, and had a positive TD to Int ratio.  He couldn’t live up to his draft position, but he was never as bad as they thought.

Just something I'm hoping for.....that's all.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, vincec said:

He showed a lot in frisco… I see him as a nice add. Mckenzie is odd to me. They only used him for gadget plays, then when he got more snaps and KR duty vs Miami he scored like 4 or 5 touchdowns 

1 hour ago, Green Lightning said:

Point being is that coaching matters. Trubisky had bad coaches and a bad scheme. I can see him starting in the league with a team that gives him the right support and scheme.

All you have to do is look at who Nagy is starting in the first game... Andy Dalton over Justin Fields.

CLEARLY Nagy lacks the ability to manage quarterbacks... everyone is calling it a bonehead decision and the players SEE how much better Fields looks...

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

If losing Daryl means keeping Efe, sign me up.

Its kinda like a trade. Daryl for Efe and a 6th rounder. 

If you look at it that way, its a no brainer. Wish ole Bam the best. Just remember the tides and ocean currents are strong. It may just bring Bam back around somday.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

All you have to do is look at who Nagy is starting in the first game... Andy Dalton over Justin Fields.

CLEARLY Nagy lacks the ability to manage quarterbacks... everyone is calling it a bonehead decision and the players SEE how much better Fields looks...

The thing is its hard to bench the kid if he sputters.

Benching Andy D after 10 games and 2-8 record wouldn't be a big deal ;)

• Agree 2

19 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Fields should probably start but you do so with the understanding that he’s likely not going to be very good and the team will struggle because of it. They just don’t have the weapons or online capable of protecting him well.

It’s impossible to get excited or confident with Dalton as your starting QB. You just have to hope that Fields progresses and gives you hope for next season. 

Edited by Bangarang

3 minutes ago, letsgoteam said:

Its kinda like a trade. Daryl for Efe and a 6th rounder. 

If you look at it that way, its a no brainer. Wish ole Bam the best. Just remember the tides and ocean currents are strong. It may just bring Bam back around somday.

I like your way of thinking ;) 

We won that trade big time :) 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Fields should probably start but you do so with the understanding that he’s likely not going to be very good and the team will struggle because of it. They just don’t have the weapons or online capable of protecting him well.

It’s impossible to get excited or confident with Dalton as your starting QB. You just have to hope that Fields progresses and gives you hope for next season. 

If Nagy was in his first year he would start Fields and let him learn this year, like Josh or Manning way back when, but he has to show better than 8-9 or else he will be fired and someone else can use Fields next year. Dalton gives them the best chance week one though Fields give the best chance week 16 if he starts early 

34 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

He's playing for his job and doesn't have the nerve to put his job in the hands of a rook.  Scared money.  I don't see how he keeps the gig after this year. His offenses are putrid. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

Point being is that coaching matters. Trubisky had bad coaches and a bad scheme. I can see him starting in the league with a team that gives him the right support and scheme.

Sure it matters, but the 'turnaround' stories are still rare. The vast majority of players who are bad under good or bad coaching don't turn it around under different coaching later in their careers. 

Allen is still a strange case to make as he's only ever been under one coaching staff. 

Edited by jeremy2020