Predictions: Surprise Cuts, Surprise 53 Signings

2 hours ago, ganesh said:

Surprised there is no Ertz talk here yet !

Will Vikings now look to trade for Ertz with Irv Smith injured.

If Philly wants to get rid of him and get something in return, a 5th or lower would be a steal.

42 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Bobby Hart is safe. Consider him the new Vlad Ducasse. Terrible on the field and sticks around longer than he should. Say hello to the new BBMB whipping guy.

Surprise cut: I think there will be a few. My biggest will be McKenzie. As a KR there is a younger/cheaper/faster option already on the roster. Brieda can handle all those misdirection plays in the offense (something we may have glimpsed yesterday as well). As a WR he's not better than WR5. 

I am confused.  I thought BBMB was whipping boy ever since taken out of that jacket with long, long sleeves.

13 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

We're not keeping Hart or Becker. And we're not cutting Brieda or Kumerow. Gilliam will probably be TE3.

It could certainly be that this is the year where there are no surprises come the cut-down date, which would be... surprising...

1 hour ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Bobby Hart is safe. Consider him the new Vlad Ducasse. Terrible on the field and sticks around longer than he should. Say hello to the new BBMB whipping guy.

Surprise cut: I think there will be a few. My biggest will be McKenzie. As a KR there is a younger/cheaper/faster option already on the roster. Brieda can handle all those misdirection plays in the offense (something we may have glimpsed yesterday as well). As a WR he's not better than WR5. 

keep Bobby Hart for what as some sort of veiled threat to Josh?

McKenzie is exactly as good as WR5 because that's him.

• Like (+1) 3

My Wish List:

1- Addison (and his contract) is traded away for a seventh round pick.

2 - This cap space is used up quickly for none other than Zack Ertz (for a fifth.) I think Sach is a guy we can run a lot of offense thru and he won't let us down. He is another primo weapon for us to get thru the year.

3. Bills trade a conditional seventh for a CB that fits our D. (Or could Wildgoose shock us? Either way, I'm good.)

4. Harry's knee turns out to be fine and he plays very well vs.the Stealers as a beginning to his best season in Buffalo ever by a country mile (I see this, Harry looks great. The question is his knee....If the knee is shot we need a new DT, imho... It's such a long season and we have to stop that heavy run game all year....

Stronger at TE, CB and DT we are ready to play the best the NFL has to offer.

• Agree 1

Trade value on tt the board always thought were very low then the 🎩 bean got a 3rd will he trade a de for a higher pick to in conference team the  (the jets) and will it be a higher value 3rd round. If he does and gets it with Addison contact the nfl should make him gm of the year on Wednesday forget the voting 🗳. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Our Vlad Ducasse days are so over.  McBeane will be Hartless going forward (haha).

No matter who gets cut, some of them will be such good players that we'll be surprised.  It's going to come down to how McBeane want to shape the roster for the way they want to play.

• Like (+1) 1

The Bills value glue guys. Maybe Kumerow is a replaceable receiver but he is a very good blocker and special teamer and has proved he can catch it covered using his great size. On top of that, he is a glue guy. That's a pretty valuable 52 or 53....imho....

But you're right I think, we need another corner. Lewis is atop wildgoose but I don't see why....

We probably need another corner with Wallace or better type skills. I'm hoping McD can find one that failed somewhere else but is fine here (with coaching)......

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, billybrew1 said:

The Bills value glue guys. Maybe Kumerow is a replaceable receiver but he is a very good blocker and special teamer and has proved he can catch it covered using his great size. On top of that, he is a glue guy. That's a pretty valuable 52 or 53....imho....

But you're right I think, we need another corner. Lewis is atop wildgoose but I don't see why....

We probably need another corner with Wallace or better type skills. I'm hoping McD can find one that failed somewhere else but is fine here (with coaching)......

Lewis is atop Wildgoose because all I ever see is a wildgoose chase of a receiver.  Receivers don't seem to have any problem getting separation, and then they're off to the races.  

Maybe I haven't seen all the plays you have.  The Bills-Packers game was blacked out here (as was the Seahawks game) because somehow the NFL thinks Fairbanks Alaska is in the Buffalo viewing area.  The Fairbanks TV stations don't think so, so they didn't carry either game.  So I'll have to try to catch the Bills game on the repeat telecast.  Maybe that will improve my opinion of Wildgoose.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Warcodered said:

keep Bobby Hart for what as some sort of veiled threat to Josh?

McKenzie is exactly as good as WR5 because that's him.

And there is still a big drop off between McKenzie was WR5 and Kumerow and Stevenson as WR6 and WR7 in my view. For a team that ran more 4 wide than anyone in football in 2020 cutting your very good 5th receiver seems foolhardy.

I am waiting for the person who had Del'Shawn Phillips making it last year. If they called that then they are the person to follow.

Edited by GunnerBill

13 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

I think Addison gets traded for a 5th round pick not sure on any other surprises but it will be tough to make some of these edge of the roster decisions.

Another possibility is that the Bills trade Addison for a very good young CB.  

OR,

the Bills trade him to some team what is early on the waiver wire list for a good young CB. (that team gets the first/early pick on players released on waivers,  picks the CB, and we trade Addison for the young CB.)

This method would cut down the logjam at DE and give us a player now with some experience to provide depth.

Edited by maryland-bills-fan

18 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Jake Kumerow cut

Yes I’m serious 

Traded, is certainly an option, cut, no chance in hell he gets cut. 

11 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

He got cut last year. Whats different now?

Well, looking at his body if work, and that the FO resigned him as soon as they could after losing him to another team… when he didn’t clear waivers the last time they tried to sneak him onto our PS…, but none of that has an impact on the FOs decision making right?