NFL Cuts /Cut Tracker

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Houstons numbers weren’t dissimilar to Addisons but his play on the field was imo.  Houston is and has always been superior. 

Yeah, Houston has been more individually impactful.......injuries leveled him up with Addison at times but when healthy he's just superior to Mario.

8 sacks......including 2 safety's..........a FF and 2 FR's (Addison was a zilch in those columns).

He basically made more than twice as many big plays.

If a pass rusher like that is only worth $4M then a guy with like 60% of his production on similar snaps isn't likely to be getting 60% of that..........he's likely to be getting the league minimum.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah, Houston has been more individually impactful.......injuries leveled him up with Addison at times but when healthy he's just superior to Mario.

8 sacks......including 2 safety's..........a FF and 2 FR's (Addison was a zilch in those columns).

He basically made more than twice as many big plays.

If a pass rusher like that is only worth $4M then a guy with like 60% of his production on similar snaps isn't likely to be getting 60% of that.......... likely to be getting the league minimum.

If he’s even lucky enough to get an nfl contract.   I didn’t see much of anything out of him last season that would resemble a solid NFL DE.  He’s VERY lucky to have another chance on this super bowl contending team making the pay check he’s making.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

If he’s even lucky enough to get an nfl contract.   I didn’t see much of anything out of him last season that would resemble a solid NFL DE.  He’s VERY lucky to have another chance on this super bowl contending team making the pay check he’s making.  

I can't disagree with this conclusion for the Bills, but around the league I do observe that when a vet who has been productive switches teams and has an off year, he does usually seem to get the benefit of the doubt.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Why is this a surprise 

I think actually, because of the trend I comment on above.

Skura started all 16 games in 2018 and the first 11 games of 2019 at C for a team whose QB won MVP in 2018 and had a noted rushing game, and which went to the playoffs both years.

Last season he started the first 9 games but struggled and had several botched C/QB exchanges before getting benched.

But in the league, when a guy starts and has some success for a winning team, he tends to get the benefit of the doubt even if he has a down year or some struggles.  That's what makes it a surprise.

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think actually, because of the trend I comment on above.

Skura started all 16 games in 2018 and the first 11 games of 2019 at C for a team whose QB won MVP in 2018 and had a noted rushing game, and which went to the playoffs both years.

Last season he started the first 9 games but struggled and had several botched C/QB exchanges before getting benched.

But in the league, when a guy starts and has some success for a winning team, he tends to get the benefit of the doubt even if he has a down year or some struggles.  That's what makes it a surprise.

Wonder how well he can play guard? Wonder if he clears waivers? 

1 hour ago, ThurmanThomasEnglishMuffin said:

Didn't get to see him in game 1 or 2, but honestly Webb and Fromm looked better than Lauletta last night. Woof! Expect to see him among the cuts, to get this back on topic 😄

It's already being reported Lauletta will be released tomorrow. 

41 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Looks like the Lawson for McKinney trade benefitted the Jets the most.

Actually at least Houston got something for Shaq - where as Miami got nothing for Shaq except a player they cut.

Miami nets zero

Houston nets a 6th

Jets get Shaq to fill snaps for very little.

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

One of the Dolphins' reporters, Alf something or other was just on locked on Bills with Joe Marino last week saying McKinney has looked amazing during camp and has made Elandon Roberts a backup.   He also said Tua has had a great camp.....

Well, that was the Straight Dope I guess!  And the Watson trade rumors make the Tua great camp look sketchy

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

One of the Dolphins' reporters, Alf something or other was just on locked on Bills with Joe Marino last week saying McKinney has looked amazing during camp and has made Elandon Roberts a backup.   He also said Tua has had a great camp.....

interested spy GIF

• Haha (+1) 5