NFL Cuts /Cut Tracker

32 minutes ago, Clyde Smith said:

Any good Corners?

Nope…none.  There’s probably less than 10 players on Houston’s roster that would make it on ours.  

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Cooks would be ok not a material upgrade from what we have, Johnson, too old too worn down.

Agree 31 is ancient for a RB.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Cooks was their #1 wr for the last 6 games of the season after Fuller was suspended. They must hate their QB’s. Tyrod in his worst situation to date.

Davis Mills, the stop gap draftee QB was dreadful in his last pre-season games, 4 ints.  Tyrod isnt the great runner he used to be, still holds the ball too loosely which cost him one fumble.  Texans are pretty bad.  Going to be a real laugher when the Texans meet the Jags, two worst NFL teams by far imo.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I dunno about "untradeable"

Addison's SALARY, for the trading partner, is just over $4M which has him as like the #39 or 40th DE in annual salary. 

Leadership, we have Jerry Hughes in the room, does Addison "add"?

Now for the Bills, they may feel they pay about the same to trade or to keep, but then there's the "aging vet vs. young players for the future" aspect.

We have Johnson on a cheap contract for one extra year which if other things are equal, puts him ahead of Obada

But, we really need to "affect the QB" over everything else, so....

Justin Houston only got $4M as a free agent this summer..........Addison's market is probably vet league minimum.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MiltonWaddams said:

That’s completely ignoring the contract DJ is playing under. Horrendous 

Right about that, one of the worst trades of all time with the excuse they didnt want to pay DeAndre.  I have mentioned it multiple times but the DJ trade for Deandre Hopkins was the beginning of the end for the Texans. If the owner had a room temperature IQ THEN he should have fired Bill O Brien as GM-HC.  Everything spiraled downhill quickly after that trade.  Bill O Brien ruined the Texans for years.

1 hour ago, Blainorama5 said:

CB Tim Harris

Thought for a second maybe it was Tim the Enchanter from the Holy Grail. 🤪

Cut and paste did not work I guess my bad

Just now, scuba guy said:

Cut and paste did not work I guess my bad

Bam Johnson traded to panthers for a 6th in 2022

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Justin Houston only got $4M as a free agent this summer..........Addison's market is probably vet league minimum.

*shrug*

I think there may be few capable vet DEs remaining on the market at present. 

If you're a desperate team due to injuries, who are your choices right now?

Addison is a guy who is 1 season away from 9.5 sacks and 14 QB hits, and those weren't an aberration on his prev. few years.  We may think more of Justin Houston, but his numbers are not that dissimilar to Addison prior to 2020. I can see where another team's talent evaluators might feel there's more in him than you do at present.

3 hours ago, starrymessenger said:

He made the right decision no doubt. Apparently Rosen had a good half yesterday playing with the scrubs. In the minds of some he has already secured his position as Ryan’s backup. Maybe he can play in that offence, he’s sort of like a (much) Iesser version of Ryan as QB types go. I was looking forward to checking this game out but it wasn’t on offer in my part of the world. 

I  was a never Rosen guy in the draft, but remain intrigued now that he is a bargain basement cast off, so I watched intently.

For a guy signed just 2-3 days prior he physically looked fine. Lot's of zip on the ball, confident, and for the most part he placed it where he wanted to. A lot of miscues between where he thought WR would go vs where he wanted to put the ball based on coverage, but to be expected given the lack of practice time and he was playing with future real estate agents and insurance salesmen.

The issue with him remained his body language and the faces he made after incompletions or mistakes. Very Jay Cutler like. Rosen's body language is atrocious and as the half went on it got worse. Yet he played a lot better than the other backup QB who started the first half.

Rosen's issues will always be attitude and then staying healthy.

That is what I made of this half.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

*shrug*

I think there may be few capable vet DEs remaining on the market at present. 

If you're a desperate team due to injuries, who are your choices right now?

Addison is a guy who is 1 season away from 9.5 sacks and 14 QB hits, and those weren't an aberration on his prev. few years.  We may think more of Justin Houston, but his numbers are not that dissimilar to Addison prior to 2020. I can see where another team's talent evaluators might feel there's more in him than you do at present.

Houstons numbers weren’t dissimilar to Addisons but his play on the field was imo.  Houston is and has always been superior. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ThurmanThomasEnglishMuffin said:

I  was a never Rosen guy in the draft, but remain intrigued now that he is a bargain basement cast off, so I watched intently.

For a guy signed just 2-3 days prior he physically looked fine. Lot's of zip on the ball, confident, and for the most part he placed it where he wanted to. A lot of miscues between where he thought WR would go vs where he wanted to put the ball based on coverage, but to be expected given the lack of practice time and he was playing with future real estate agents and insurance salesmen.

The issue with him remained his body language and the faces he made after incompletions or mistakes. Very Jay Cutler like. Rosen's body language is atrocious and as the half went on it got worse. Yet he played a lot better than the other backup QB who started the first half.

Rosen's issues will always be attitude and then staying healthy.

That is what I made of this half.

Interesting, given that at one point in Miami, Flores publicly said he benched Rosen in part because he needed to work on his body language.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/13/brian-flores-wants-better-body-language-from-josh-rosen/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Interesting, given that at one point in Miami, Flores publicly said he benched Rosen in part because he needed to work on his body language.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/13/brian-flores-wants-better-body-language-from-josh-rosen/

Good read, sounds like not much has changed, it is a part of who he is.

In other news Browns backup QB Kyle Lauletta, who some Bills fans liked pre Allen, looked terrible.

13 minutes ago, ThurmanThomasEnglishMuffin said:

In other news Browns backup QB Kyle Lauletta, who some Bills fans liked pre Allen, looked terrible.

Lauletta looked decent the 1st 2 games, then was pretty awful last night.  He'll be lucky to hang around as a backup somewhere.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, cle23 said:

Lauletta looked decent the 1st 2 games, then was pretty awful last night.  He'll be lucky to hang around as a backup somewhere.

Didn't get to see him in game 1 or 2, but honestly Webb and Fromm looked better than Lauletta last night. Woof! Expect to see him among the cuts, to get this back on topic 😄

I mentioned this very point in the preseason thread. Lol

ABFEAA9B-5877-4E6B-8E29-15F7D858BC4A.thumb.png.22ebd10a4b5a4cafce35cd1d2aff88e1.png

26 minutes ago, BillsFanThru-N-Thru said:

The Browns cut one of the Mock draft DL favorite projections Marvin Wilson who they signed to a big UDFA contract.

Perhaps we should caveat this: Big contract for UDFA, involving $192k guarantee

51 minutes ago, ThurmanThomasEnglishMuffin said:

Yeah, I just thought it was interesting given that supposedly he was asked to work on this.  Sounds like something he is either unwilling, doesn't believe he should have to, or just can't change

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I totally forgot he was ever in Miami 

Guy has been on a tour.  AZ, Mia, TB, SF, now ATL.

https://www.si.com/nfl/falcons/news/josh-rosen-matt-ryan-atlanta-falcons-backup-quarterback

I thought he actually seemed more likeable in that interview than any other interview I've seen of him -

like it's finally percolated through to his soul that in fact, where football is concerned, he's in fact not the Smartest Guy in the Room, or the Most Interesting Guy in the Room.  When he came out in the draft and I thought he was a safer choice than Josh Allen (yes, I was a Wrong Josher, though I never kicked after the Bills made their choice and Minnesota won me over), one of my thoughts was that if we drafted Rosen (and remember, I admit I wanted us to) I would rather use a cheese grater as a washcloth than listen to another of his interviews.

vs.

Our Josh, who I swear, if you dropped him into a snake pit would have the snakes giggling and offering him snake cigars (but let's not try)

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1