The signs of even better things to come from Josh Allen

jwhit34

It's still just refreshing to know 3rd & long doesn't equal an automatic punt like it did with Tyrod. Those plays where you're just resigned to giving up & doing a quick check down not even trying to get any yardage or convert just sucked.

Now if only 3rd & long when we're on defense didn't feel like such a cursed down, I'd be happy. I swear, I feel more confident we'll stop the opposing offense on 3rd & 4 than I do 3rd & 14. 

• Like (+1) 4

7 hours ago, billybrew1 said:

What is your price to trade Tribusky? Say Mitch is good with it.....

Mine is a second and fourth rounder. That is enough to make us a player in the 2022 draft.

We could finish this team and get another blue chipper.

I'd love that in a trade.

I don't think they would trade him at all.  Based on what we've seen this preseason there's a substantial drop-off in QBing after Josh/Mitch...  Fromm and Davis are not close in capability at all.  I think the price to trade Trubisky would be quite high.... its not just "what could we get for him".  If Allen has to miss a couple games, they need a QB who can keep winning.  That's what Trubisky showed against the Bears last week.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think the next poster who suggests we should trade Trubisky should be sent to IR for a few weeks.  We're not trading Trubisky.  Our objective is the Super Bowl and you don't risk achieving that objective for a pick in next year's draft.  You have to have a backup QB who can step in and win.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

The ones that he just threw away when he realized that the play was blown up I was very impressed with that it shows his maturity

Same, for example in the 2nd quarter that throw to Beasely while under pressure, and even moreso the throw to Nate to save the play.  The only thing I didn’t like was Allen rushing for the 1st down when 4th and 2.  You never know a defender for the Packers playing for a job could’ve hammered him if one step faster.  That wasn’t worth any risk in a PS game.  This sounds silly, but I was proud of him early in the game for just going down for the sack, and recognizing he tries to escape, he could get hurt.  It was a very smart decision.

8 hours ago, billybrew1 said:

What is your price to trade Tribusky? Say Mitch is good with it.....

Mine is a second and fourth rounder. That is enough to make us a player in the 2022 draft.

We could finish this team and get another blue chipper.

I'd love that in a trade.

Unless we get a 1st rounder for him - he's not going anywhere. I forget who I was listening to, but they brought up a very good point that another amazing season from Allen and Daboll is gone and Mitch might be his QB wherever he's going.

22 hours ago, Bad Things said:

The pass to Beasley on the 1st and 15 was an incredible pass.  (Where he is running towards his left and then throws a perfect pass, across his body, towards the right.)

I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned more.

Josh continues to improve, and I honestly don't know where his ceiling is.  He's just a joy to watch play the game.

While I was watching the game with a preseason (relaxed with feet up) frame of mind, that pass made me stand up and shout "holy s#**!”. It was outrageous.

Edited by RochesterLifer
  • Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Same, for example in the 2nd quarter that throw to Beasely while under pressure, and even moreso the throw to Nate to save the play.  The only thing I didn’t like was Allen rushing for the 1st down when 4th and 2.  You never know a defender for the Packers playing for a job could’ve hammered him if one step faster.  That wasn’t worth any risk in a PS game.  This sounds silly, but I was proud of him early in the game for just going down for the sack, and recognizing he tries to escape, he could get hurt.  It was a very smart decision.

incorrect statement

Josh would have hammered the defender 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CuseBill said:

I think the next poster who suggests we should trade Trubisky should be sent to IR for a few weeks.  We're not trading Trubisky.  Our objective is the Super Bowl and you don't risk achieving that objective for a pick in next year's draft.  You have to have a backup QB who can step in and win.

Correct.  And no one is going to trade a first (or even a third) for Trubisky at this point.  Philly just got Minshew for a 6th. Mitch isn’t worth much more, and the only way that changes is if JA gets hurt and Trubusky comes in and plays great for an extended period. He was a free agent a couple months ago and generated little interest.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

I have said all year, he's still 2 years from his ceiling because of how raw he was and he's going to have an even better season. 

I just worry about when Dabol leaves but I bet they promote in house, Ken Dorset maybe

Would be wise to let Dorsey get some burn calling a couple games this year. 

16 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Would be wise to let Dorsey get some burn calling a couple games this year. 

I highly disagree with this-if you want him to “practice” calling plays you do it in the preseason and/or practice. At no point should the coaching staff even remotely consider letting him call plays because he might be calling them next year. You would be messing with chemistry, potentially losing games, just to give him a chance to call some plays? No, he calls plays WHEN he is the coordinator, not if he becomes coordinator 

12 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

The ones that he just threw away when he realized that the play was blown up I was very impressed with that it shows his maturity

On the back to back plays where he intentionally threw the ball in the dirt and then turtled and fell down to take a sack, I thought both plays were very Bradyesque. Better to live to fight another down than risk a catestrophic failure. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1