Tremaine "lost in the wash" Edmunds

Sharky7337

Same old Edmunds?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Is Tremaine Edmunds:

• Most misunderstood of Bills current key players who plays his role and because of that looks worse then he is
    • Or the least instinctual athletic freak you have seen so far
  2. 2. Would you have picked up his option?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Can you recall a game changing play he has made as a Bill that helped decide the outcome of a game?

• Yes
    • No

49 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

Is he really as bad as he looks to me? What do you guys think as it's now another year starting up -- today he did not impress.

Just doesn't seem to have instincts still and gets pushed around.

I know we sometimes have bashed good players like this -- aka Gilmore. 

Not sure why comments are locked out:/

Oh For ***** sake

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

He’s often times forgettable out there. He needs to start making more impact plays.

I really want him to succeed too! But then they were just interviewing Bobby Wagner 6 time all pro drafted in second round.

I dont think it's wrong to expect more.

Just now, MJS said:

Lame thread. Lame poll.

Go ahead and reply to me with some kind of defensive, passive aggressive comment. I'm ready for it!

If you don't like a topic you know you can just not post in it and it will die if it's truly bad.

But thanks for the intriguing point of view.

• Vomit 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

I don't know what's more lame, Edmunds' game or this poll. Splash!

Sorry next time I'll make a post about who has the best roast beef sandwich and that is ok on football forum ( see the post about who has the best wings?) 

People just like to heckle for some reason when they can simply just not engage and let it die.

• Agree 3

The never ending Edmunds debate. 

I'm convinced that most people misunderstand Edmunds role in the defense.   I'm not certain, but I'm pretty sure.  

I said something like this in the thread about today's game:  I think if you the Bills would talk to you frankly about Edmunds, they'd tell you that outside the red zone, his focus is primarily to defend space laterally and behind him.  Only when the opponent is inside the 10 is Edmunds' role primarily to defend in front of him.  

That's not at all how most of us, including me, understand the role of the middle linebacker, but that's what I think his role is.   Given his size, speed, and quickness, he's good in the role he's asked to play.   

It's obvious to me that McDermott thinks winning in the NFL is all about passing and stopping the pass.  Edmunds is an excellent player in a defense designed to stop the pass.   He doesn't need to defend a lot of passes, or intercept a lot of passes.   He needs to cover a lot of territory and discourage teams from throwing in that area of the field.   He does that.  

Some people will say, "What about Kelce and the Chiefs?"   The Chiefs ran plays designed to option off what Edmunds did.  They outplanned the Bills, but the Bills will have an answer for that scheme.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Shaw66 said:

The never ending Edmunds debate. 

I'm convinced that most people misunderstand Edmunds role in the defense.   I'm not certain, but I'm pretty sure.  

I said something like this in the thread about today's game:  I think if you the Bills would talk to you frankly about Edmunds, they'd tell you that outside the red zone, his focus is primarily to defend space laterally and behind him.  Only when the opponent is inside the 10 is Edmunds' role primarily to defend in front of him.  

That's not at all how most of us, including me, understand the role of the middle linebacker, but that's what I think his role is.   Given his size, speed, and quickness, he's good in the role he's asked to play.   

It's obvious to me that McDermott thinks winning in the NFL is all about passing and stopping the pass.  Edmunds is an excellent player in a defense designed to stop the pass.   He doesn't need to defend a lot of passes, or intercept a lot of passes.   He needs to cover a lot of territory and discourage teams from throwing in that area of the field.   He does that.  

Some people will say, "What about Kelce and the Chiefs?"   The Chiefs ran plays designed to option off what Edmunds did.  They outplanned the Bills, but the Bills will have an answer for that scheme.  

Boom.  Mind blown.

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

Thanks for adding no value to the discussion. But you did get yourself some attention.

I really think you need to just "zip it" and let the poll simply go on, instead of commenting on each and every person's response.  ffs.

Edited by Bad Things
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Bad Things said:

I really think you need to just "zip it" and let the poll simply go on, instead of commenting on each and every person's response.  ffs.

It's a message board to discuss topics. 

You may be new to this, but usually people will create a topic and other people.will reply if they find it a interesting discussion.

It's a alien concept I know!

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

11 minutes ago, DJB said:

He needs to take a step and start making some impact plays. 

Players at some positions don't make impact plays.    Like your 1-tech tackle.  

There was time when the middle linebacker was expected to make impact plays, but the days of Sam Huff, Ray Nietschke, Harry Jacobs, etc. are gone.  Since Lawrence Taylor, the impact players increasingly have been on the edge.  

When your job is to drop into coverage on the snap, which is what Edmunds' job is, he's not going to be an impact player in the sense that you mean.  McDermott doesn't ask Edmunds to do what Keuchly did.  And he didn't ask Keuchly to do what Edmunds does.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

He's a good player, unfortunately not an impactful one. Definitely not the elite MLB the Bills thought they were getting when they traded up. Doesn't help knowing Leonard and Warner could've been had later. 

He's a freak athlete with speed, length and thump, when he's where he's supposed to be.  It's a shame he can't put it all together. Seems to be a likeable kid. Hope they coached him up cause this really is his shot to prove his worth.

• Like (+1) 2