GAME BALLS - Packers v. Bills, 08/28/21

42 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

Oh boy. Step away from the pipe. Smith isn’t in the same league as Edmunds and AJ was “fine” but thank God we have two weeks for Ferguson to heal or we’re in for a circus. 

I've defended Edmunds for as long as I can.  I can't ignore what my eyes are telling me anymore.  He has immense physical talent, but on too many plays, he lacks the instinct to be in the right place at the right time.  The Bills were soft up the middle today, and Edmunds was a big reason why.  The Pack ran the ball right down our throat.  We're just lucky that Love was the QB.  We won't be so lucky in the SB.

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, boater said:

@ boater, you could have googled it too. A lot of people here & elsewhere think the the skit is funny. That is why it's referred to many times on this board & other Jeopardy related things when it comes to the name Ferguson.  You don't, no problem. You're welcome. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I've defended Edmunds for as long as I can.  I can't ignore what my eyes are telling me anymore.  He has immense physical talent, but on too many plays, he lacks the instinct to be in the right place at the right time.  The Bills were soft up the middle today, and Edmunds was a big reason why.  The Pack ran the ball right down our throat.  We're just lucky that Love was the QB.  We won't be so lucky in the SB.

Too many Bills fans blame Edmunds for everything that goes wrong on defense. What I saw was a leaky defensive line, which was disconcerting. Edmunds is widely respected by opponents and beloved by Bills players and coaches. That should mean something to Bills fans. 

3 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

Too many Bills fans blame Edmunds for everything that goes wrong on defense. What I saw was a leaky defensive line, which was disconcerting. Edmunds is widely respected by opponents and beloved by Bills players and coaches. That should mean something to Bills fans. 

As I said, I've been a huge Edmunds fan and defender.  I can't ignore it any longer.  We're just gonna disagree.  

Edited by Freddie's Dead

1 minute ago, Freddie's Dead said:

As I said, I've been a huge Edmunds fan and defender.  I can't ignore it any longer.  We're just gonna disagree.  

Boy will you be disappointed when the Bills sign Edmunds to a fat contract after he makes his third straight pro bowl. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Fromm did impress, Really can't fault Webb though as last two weeks, particularly today, he wasn't put in the best spot. But that may because they know what they have with him so not worrying about it.  Plus if he looks bad enough, not likely to be grabbed by another team.

On the other hand Fromm did look good enough that if the Bills cut him, think he'd get signed by someone else.  I really doubt they carry thee active QB's on the 53 so wonder if they'd try and trade him if they can get something back.   

will really be interested to see what they do with both Webb and Fromm. I can see them cutting both, and both guys being still there for the PS. Is the third string QB market really that strong? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Totally agree, he may be fast, but he doesn't look quick.  Never gets off the block and when one-on-one, rarely makes the tackle.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

will really be interested to see what they do with both Webb and Fromm. I can see them cutting both, and both guys being still there for the PS. Is the third string QB market really that strong? 

I've got to imagine they try to trade Fromm. If no takers, they cut both and option 1 is to sign Webb to the practice squad.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

No matter what you think of Edmunds, the Bills exercised his 5th year option this spring. Would Beane have done that for a player who he considered to be in danger of getting benched? 

I believe he also has suggested they would like to get his extension done at some point.  I believe the Bills think far more highly of Edmunds that do you.

5 hours ago, PonyBoy said:

Turd Ferguson, old Saturday Night Live skit with Burt Reynolds. Will a TBD fan help me by posting a GIF please? 🙂

It’s Norm Macdonald playing Burt Reynolds as a guest on Jeopardy. He puts his name down as Turd Ferguson. 

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, The Dean said:

No matter what you think of Edmunds, the Bills exercised his 5th year option this spring. Would Beane have done that for a player who he considered to be in danger of getting benched? 

I believe he also has suggested they would like to get his extension done at some point.  I believe the Bills think far more highly of Edmunds that do you.

I didn't know they exercised his option.  Once again, I have been an Edmunds fan since he got here, but I don't like what I've seen from him going back to last season, and I can no longer ignore it.  If I'm wrong, fine, I'll be happy to be wrong.  But I have to call it like I see it.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Yes, as long as Gruden is in the league, there is a strong QB market 😂 On a serious note, I wouldn’t like the idea of letting Fromm go. I’m sure Beane isn’t thinking along the same lines, but we just used a fifth round pick for the guy. Rarely do I believe in assessing players based on draft position, but I think we need to give him a chance to develop. I’d rather flip him for a decent draft pick in the future, as opposed to just wasting that fifth round pick on him. I also must add that Trubisky will be gone next season. I’d rather develop one of our own for that role, rather than waste resources on finding a backup next season. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 1