GAME BALLS - Packers v. Bills, 08/28/21

11 minutes ago, Simon said:

Some props to the coaching staff who did a great job managing to get a wide variety of players into a wide variety of scenarios, got a lot of interesting stuff on film, kept everybody healthy and finished an undefeated preseason with a shutout even while they were focusing on player preparation and evaluation instead of winning.

And used all their 2nd half TO's before the end of the 3rd QTR..... :devil:  But hey, it's only preseason.

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Freddie's Dead said:

And used all their 2nd half TO's before the end of the 3rd QTR..... :devil:  But hey, it's only preseason.

He's got a pattern that when games count he'll use those TOs freely in the first half but do a nice job hoarding them in the second.

Today I'm sure he was using them for a reason (i.e. to set up a look or personnel matchup he wanted to see); he's earned the juice for me not to doubt what he's doing during a game or scrimmage.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Simon said:

He's got a pattern that when games count he'll use those TOs freely in the first half but do a nice job hoarding them in the second.

Today I'm sure he was using them for a reason (i.e. to set up a look or personnel matchup he wanted to see); he's earned the juice for me not to doubt what he's doing during a game or scrimmage.

The defensive time outs he took last year was interesting.

• Like (+1) 1

I liked both Josh Thomas and Damar Hamlin, wouldn’t want to have a make a call of who to keep.

Hughes brought the Hughes Daily Double, a pressure and a penalty.

interesting to see Efe/#93/the-latest-ex-Panther rushing from the inside and winning.

Bam seemed like he played most of the game and was noticeable, unlike Addison.

Andre Smith as was mentioned.

Klein playing downhill and making big plays on the goal line stand.

Whyte is fast as light but oh so slight and goes down without much fight.

the designed plays to Breida generally worked.

Fromm was able to execute until McD benched the starting OL and put in the JVs

starting secondary is good enough, and Neal too if they can use him right.

Meanwhile on the Bobby Hart side of it,

refs Don’t know what holding is, or isn’t.

Cam Lewis lookeD baaad at times.

#49 laced up the roller skates instead of cleats again.

Webb getting away with one wow throw but then missing everything.

Inability to defend inside runs , would have liked to see 44 out there just to see if that would help

Edited by Ralonzo
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, BigAl2526 said:

I was happy with Epenesa's long snapping work.  It wasn't perfect, but having an emergency fall back who can do the job in a decent fashion is reassuring.

Epenesa did merely OK. OTH I don't get OP's labeling Ferguson a turd. Maybe I've missed an inside joke.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, boater said:

Epenesa did merely OK. OTH I don't get OP's labeling Ferguson a turd. Maybe I've missed an inside joke.

Turd Ferguson, old Saturday Night Live skit with Burt Reynolds. Will a TBD fan help me by posting a GIF please? 🙂

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, PonyBoy said:

Turd Ferguson, old Saturday Night Live skit with Burt Reynolds. Will a TBD fan help me by posting a GIF please? 🙂

2 minutes ago, boater said:

I googled. Which you could have done. It wasn't funny. At least not funny like "we need more cowbell" funny.

• Dislike 1

4 hours ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Bills better be this aggressive in the post season. No more pansy ass field goals or pussified punting on 4th down and short.

Let's get to the post season first. It's looking very good but nothing is a given in the NFL. 

4 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Josh *****in' Allen - You saw it, I saw it, we all saw it.  Best QB in the NFL, and we got him on a cheap contract for years.  Future's So Bright, I Gotta Wear Shades!

Jake Fromm - Giving the Bills a lot to think about.  Webb was ahead after the Detroit game, but hasn't looked good since.

Gabe "Welcome Back" Davis - Caught everything thrown at him, including the big TD.  Gonna be pushing Sanders all year.

AJ Epenesa - Looked good as a backup LS.  FG snap bobbled by Haack not his fault, and the last punt snap to Haack was an adventure, but good to know we have a capable backup if "Turd" Ferguson is sidelined.

Andre Smith - Dude was all over the field today and laying the wood.  Bold Prediction:  If Edmunds doesn't get it together, Smith will be starting MLB sometime this year.

Siran "Wrap" Neal - Another dude all over the field today, with sure tackling and good coverage.  

WHO YA GOT?

Oh boy. Step away from the pipe. Smith isn’t in the same league as Edmunds and AJ was “fine” but thank God we have two weeks for Ferguson to heal or we’re in for a circus. 

Edited by Max Fischer

3 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Josh is Josh I’m at the point where I’m shocked when a defense stops him

Honestly.  I think most are getting to the point we're shocked when there is an incompletion.  

Allen

Davis 

Dawkins for being a beast 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Josh *****in' Allen - You saw it, I saw it, we all saw it.  Best QB in the NFL, and we got him on a cheap contract for years.  Future's So Bright, I Gotta Wear Shades!

Jake Fromm - Giving the Bills a lot to think about.  Webb was ahead after the Detroit game, but hasn't looked good since.

Gabe "Welcome Back" Davis - Caught everything thrown at him, including the big TD.  Gonna be pushing Sanders all year.

AJ Epenesa - Looked good as a backup LS.  FG snap bobbled by Haack not his fault, and the last punt snap to Haack was an adventure, but good to know we have a capable backup if "Turd" Ferguson is sidelined.

Andre Smith - Dude was all over the field today and laying the wood.  Bold Prediction:  If Edmunds doesn't get it together, Smith will be starting MLB sometime this year.

Siran "Wrap" Neal - Another dude all over the field today, with sure tackling and good coverage.  

WHO YA GOT?

4 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I have to say that Fromm actually really impressed me. He had that beautiful throw to Kumerow who

barely touched the sideline, and had some other nice throws. Seemed to even put a lot more zip on his sideline passes. 

Fromm did impress, Really can't fault Webb though as last two weeks, particularly today, he wasn't put in the best spot. But that may because they know what they have with him so not worrying about it.  Plus if he looks bad enough, not likely to be grabbed by another team.

On the other hand Fromm did look good enough that if the Bills cut him, think he'd get signed by someone else.  I really doubt they carry thee active QB's on the 53 so wonder if they'd try and trade him if they can get something back.   

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Don't forget Beasley.  He made some key catches in the 1st half. The thing I see with Bease is he reads Allen very well and improvises downfield in such a way that capitalizes on Allen's athleticism.

Yup, I will second the Beasley love. I also liked seeing Star back on the field and look forward to seeing the impact he has on game days.  

• Like (+1) 2