Josh Allen #10 on NFL Top 100

Big C

2 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Dude, I love me some run game, and Henry might be the most talented person at his position in the last five years, and that's with the big names on Zeke Elliot and Barkley. But I would still take Josh over him.

The top ten players aren’t going to be qbs. 4 of the top 10 were, and that’s fair. Allen has had only one elite season, so I thought the ranking was right. If he repeats it, he’ll move up.

32 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

By that measurement all starting QBs would be rated ahead of all other players.

Right. The list is top 100 players; these guys are all great players that affect the outcome of games. To me, the # 10 ranking is fair and will definitely go higher if Allen continues to perform at his current level. He was good one season and then great in the next. I won’t be surprised if he’s top 5 next year. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

That is way too low. I mean, there are some good players on there but come on. 

Someone is taking Derrick Henry over a franchise QB? It's bad enough that Deandre Hopkins got ahead of Diggs, but over Josh? That is just criminal.

Admittedly I was surprised, I'd have thought he'd have been higher but;.....

Allen is a one year franchise QB at this point.  Most of these others all have longer and stronger resumes.  There is still some skepticism on Allen, he goes out and have a season in 2021 like 2020, that will all go away.  

I'm sure there are some who'd argue that after what they saw the first two seasons from Allen, they just can't vote him top 5 or so compared to others and it's a somewhat legit argument.  It's kind of like making the Pro Bowl, it quickly becomes a lifetime achievement award and Allen needs more than one great year to knock those guys down.

Did Allen even make the top 100 last season, I'm guessing not, so to go from not on the list to top 10 in one season is pretty amazing in itself.  Are there any other players in the top 10 who'd never made the list before? Even the top 20?

Why is Brady ahead of Allen? Makes no sense. Allen was clearly better.

Sorry but you don't get credit for being on the most stacked team in the league. That team (Bucs) is absolutely loaded at every position.

If Allen, Mahomes, Rodgers, Baker, Jackson, Ryan, Stafford, or Herbert were the starter of the Bucs last year it ends the same. Bucs win the SB!!

The list is a crock of BS is what it is.

Edited by Billsfanatic8989

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Wait’ll next year!

Can’t watch the video right now. But judging by the caption, someone actually thought Julio Jones would be number 1 next year?! Isn’t he like 80?

1 hour ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

Sorry but you don't get credit for being on the most stacked team in the league. That team (Bucs) is absolutely loaded at every position.

If Allen, Mahomes, Rodgers, Baker, Jackson, Ryan, Stafford, or Herbert were the starter of the Bucs last year it ends the same. Bucs win the SB!!

Name recognition only. It’s a wholly inaccurate list based on a very small subset of players who actually participate in the survey. I never watch, just see the recap afterwords. 

4 hours ago, BMWR100RT said:

It's all subjective, but would anyone, other than Mahommes, pick anyone on that list over Allen? I wouldn't and I don't think any GM would. List is dubious......

Nope 

Allen is going to be the face of the league... He has face of the NFL written all over him

The only QBs above him are Tom Brady & Patrick Mahomes (edit: oops, and Rodgers).

That's incredible imo! C'mon, we're Bills fans... Having a Bills QB ranked the 10th best player in the NFL by his peers? I can't complain one bit, as it was insane to even imagine something so crazy just a few years ago. When the only 3 guys at the position above him are the "magician" (as Bucs players kept calling him), the MVP & the GOAT, I'm perfectly fine knowing 28 other starting QB's are looking up at him from below :)

And hey, just gives him one more goal in the end. Keep growing & improving, and he'll claw his way up even more. Congrats to him!

5 hours ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

He's still Brady & still won yet another Super Bowl. It's voted on by other players in the league, and Brady has been consistent for 2 decades now. Allen had one breakout year & still shot up to #10. It makes sense to me, but then again, the entire list is mainly just what other players think & doesn't mean anything on the field. 

Edited by BigDingus
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

The top ten players aren’t going to be qbs. 4 of the top 10 were, and that’s fair. Allen has had only one elite season, so I thought the ranking was right. If he repeats it, he’ll move up.

Sure, but by that logic Lamar shouldn’t have gotten #1 last year.

16 hours ago, ClemsonBills said:

This entire list has been a little sketchy. I figured it would continue, and it did.

Yeah. NFL players voting and then someone tabulating the votes is so sketchy.

How can Josh Allen only be the 10th best player out of over 1700 players. It’s madness.