25 Defense

K

P

LS

Retutner-Stephenson 

52 players

they keep a 2021 drafted player they think won’t clear who will be a ST player

i think they want to sneak WR Hodgkins onto the PS

!u erod is one of the cuts that get resigned in order to put a player on inseason IR

2 hours ago, Simon said:

I don't know man.

I've actually been sort of pleasantly surprised out of what we've seen from Butler in the two preseason games I saw.

Anything in particular he did that stood out to you?

8 hours ago, NickelCity said:

I agree. I thought Obada would pop more during games, and I originally thought it'd be between Addison and Johnson. 

I think Addison and Obada will go on the trading block.

Obada looks to be an awesome player.  I wouldn’t trade him

8 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

My thought is it’s gotta be well give up Obada or Addison. Beane spoke highly of Johnson on STs (maybe that’s GM speak) but usually Beane is a straight shooter. Addison was also out there pretty late for a veteran guy

Hope we keep Obada and trade Addison.  Johnson seems to be a lock due to his ST status. 7 wrs would not shock me, but if Stevenson goes on PS we'll lose him.

8 hours ago, Georgie said:

Gilliam could be the #3 TE , AND the #4 RB

I think they will keep the other 4 backs though because they all have a role. At the moment there isn't a 3rd tight end worth keeping which is why that is the easy place to go light and use Reggie a bit.

31 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Nobody is going to trade for Mario Addison.  No one.  Obada is on a one-year deal, he won’t be back if he plays well this year so he’s the most obvious trade candidate, followed by Johnson. 

Yea I can't see much of a market for Addison. If someone does trade for him the best you are doing is like a conditional 7th...

6 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Who’s trading for a 34 yr. old DE who had a pedestrian 5 sacks last year?  Why wouldn’t they wait to see if he’s cut.   I doubt he will as there’s no economic value to it except they want the spot for someone else.

I just wouldn’t hold my breath that will happen. 

4 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Nobody is going to trade for Mario Addison.  No one.  Obada is on a one-year deal, he won’t be back if he plays well this year so he’s the most obvious trade candidate, followed by Johnson.  

Agree in the NFL trades aren't made for players that old, making that much money, and most importantly didn't play that well last season.  If he 9 sacks last season likely a different story.  Maybe if the Bills throw in someone else like a Kumerow, they agree to take Addison's salary, but likely then needs to be to a non-contending team.

I would love to be a mind reader though to know if Beane had known he was going to draft two DE's in first two rounds, would he have signed Addison to the updated contract.  I'd think not, but will never know for certain.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Simon said:

I don't know man.

I've actually been sort of pleasantly surprised out of what we've seen from Butler in the two preseason games I saw.

He looks like he knows he's playing for his job, but Zimmer and Star are still making the impact that Butler isn't, notwithstanding the hybrids getting reps inside and showing something as well (Bam, Boogie, Efe/#93/the-latest-ex-Panther). Between those 3 having inside ability and Butler being behind (IMO) Star, Horrible and Oliver on the interior there's a path to a 7/3 split or more precisely 3 tackle, 4 edge (Rousseau, Addison, Hughes, Epenesa) and the 3 hybrids.

Edited by Ralonzo
  • Like (+1) 2

20 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

He also said "and one less tight end" which to me is the most obvious way you do it. Keep just 2 tight ends plus Gilliam and then 7 receivers.

Agree. Sweeney is not worth keeping. He can't block and Kumerow can be the big body receiver if needed. I've been posting most off season that they don't need three true TEs and it would be better to play a swing OT as the designated blocking TE.

• Agree 1

WR is clearly Josh Allens favorite target and Brian Dabolls favorite toy. I'm not sure the NFL has ever seen a QB that can stretch the field as far as Allen. So I say yes, absolutely find a way to keep players like Stevenson without losing another good weapon at the WR position.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

He also was signed to very reasonable deal and could help one area where the Bills struggled last season. If the team is trying to win a Super Bowl this season trading Obada for a 6th round pick makes little sense 

10 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Who’s trading for a 34 yr. old DE who had a pedestrian 5 sacks last year?  Why wouldn’t they wait to see if he’s cut.   I doubt he will as there’s no economic value to it except they want the spot for someone else.

I just wouldn’t hold my breath that will happen. 

They should just cut Mario then