Beane indicated they may keep 7 WRs; have received trade calls on DL

YoloinOhio

They talked about even having 8 during the pre-game on WGR.  All speculation but mostly was just talking about telling guys that they cut to "not leave the parking lot" because they are going to put some other guys on short-term IR once they cut down to 53.

• YoloinOhio changed the title to Beane indicated they may keep 7 WRs; have received trade calls on DL

There are going to be three or four players off this roster that Beane trades or cuts who end up starting on other teams this season.  The Bear's commentators mentioned it during the preseason telecast, teams are going to be circling the Bills cut downs to grab players this year.

Kudos to Beane for putting together such a great roster.  

• Like (+1) 12

On 8/28/2021 at 12:37 PM, gonzo1105 said:

My thought is it’s gotta be well give up Obada or Addison. Beane spoke highly of Johnson on STs (maybe that’s GM speak) but usually Beane is a straight shooter. Addison was also out there pretty late for a veteran guy

I agree. I thought Obada would pop more during games, and I originally thought it'd be between Addison and Johnson. 

I think Addison or Obada will go on the trading block.

Edited by NickelCity
  • Like (+1) 1

Efe/#93/that-latest-ex-panther usage today was primarily on the interior, may be an indicator they thing that might be the path onto the roster (I.e. Butler’s spot)

Mod edit:  C'mon guys, our DE's name is Efe Obada, not Efe Obama.  I keep seeing this, I'm gonna start throwing flags.

edit: sorry, phone posting autocorrect. Not intentional.

Edited by Ralonzo

8 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

Obada’s usage today was primarily on the interior, may be an indicator they thing that might be the path onto the roster (I.e. Butler’s spot)

I don't know man.

I've actually been sort of pleasantly surprised out of what we've seen from Butler in the two preseason games I saw.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Niagara Dude said:

Would be nice if we could trade out Addison for a 5th or 6th

With this roster a 5th or 6th probably doesn’t make the team.

On another note, after the game I went to Caesar’s BBQ here in Delray to pick up some celebratory ribs, they were making dinner for FAU football team and staff. I’ve never seen that much food.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

My thought is it’s gotta be well give up Obada or Addison. Beane spoke highly of Johnson on STs (maybe that’s GM speak) but usually Beane is a straight shooter. Addison was also out there pretty late for a veteran guy

Obada is on a one year deal making stones.  Addison would make the most sense of those two.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, chris heff said:

With this roster a 5th or 6th probably doesn’t make the team.

On another note, after the game I went to Caesar’s BBQ here in Delray to pick up some celebratory ribs, they were making dinner for FAU football team and staff. I’ve never seen that much food.

True, unless they find a gem. However, we all know how Beane loves those late round picks as ammo to move around and target guys they like. 

• Like (+1) 2