Dolphins are the frontrunner on trade for Deshaun Watson

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

Hard to say, but they signed some big type FA last year to multi-year deals and then in one off season started cutting them during this off season.  That in and off itself is not an issue, but several players seemed to balk at several of the cuts and trades and talked about losing major locker room leadership and vocal guys.

Then you have the issue with their top CB not dealing with his contract dispute in house, but using the media - again showing a lack of respect and then winning and getting his demands - makes you question how things are done.

Tua though is the biggest issue.  They started him last year, but it was obvious that the coaching staff was not comfortable with the decision because every chance things went a touch sour - they pulled him for Fitz.  Then tried to smooth things out by going back to him.  Then this off-season which should be huge for Tua - they begin looking at Watson as a trade at QB.  

Again showing a lack in confidence at the most important position.  Then you follow that up with another interview where the HC instead of putting the flames out - fans the flames by beating around the bush.  Then he meets with the team to give the “full backing of the team” speech, but at the same time denies that he needed to do that and then poorly navigates that interaction as the rumors come out that the owner wants Watson to join the team.

The final straw to me in the lost of respectability is the way some of his players talk about Tua on national broadcasts - there isn’t this talk of leadership and growth - it is very muted.  I think the players don’t believe he is the long term answer and that the team is trying to get someone else in place and they don’t want to say something and have it contradicted or have the team make them look bad.

I think you are right the sign of a leader is how they handle adversity- see McD with the Peterman choice in SD.  That decision could of cost him a locker room, but he talked with the team leadership and they navigated it and still made the playoffs.  

Conversely- Flores poorly handled the Tua situation last year and really poorly handled the decisions and choices as if it was out of his hands.  Then he moved on from respected leadership within the locker room that many players questioned and now he has poorly handled the Watson rumors.  I think all 3 show a muted lack of leadership by the HC.

Does the bad outweigh the good? Because I think that's all that matters to the players. You as an opposing fan  can not like how a HC handles situations but it won't matter if the team is succeeding.

A beat writer mentioned that Flores has one flaw and later hinted at it dealing with veterans. If I had to guess, it's probably the next man up mentality that he has. 

Tua has gotten tons of praise from his teammates for his leadership this offseaon. The rest is opinionated honestly.

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, JohnNord said:

I hope this isn’t true because Watson fixes a lot of Miami’s issues.

I’ll be shocked if it doesn’t happen. Houston has to trade him and Miami is the only suitor. Watson wants to go there so that gets past the no trade clause. Plus there aren’t any QBs in the draft this year that look like sure things

3 minutes ago, JDubya76 said:

If Miami scrapes together enough capital to make the trade, when they intimate Watson will start, does he go to the commissioner exempt list? He’s not accused of murder but the charges are serious and similarly life altering for the alleged victims. 

for sure. no chance he plays. the nfl and texans are backdoor agreeing on this

14 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Can you even call that an update or a scoop? All he really said was something may or may not happen and then mentioned the team that’s been rumored the entire time. 

as with most of these reporters. They all say nothing