YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

The Dolphins the last 5 months:

2 OCs will be calling plays

Tries to trade for Watson 

Watson slammed with sexual assault charges 

Drafts the wrong Miami DE

Drafts a nice slot WR in the top 10...I guess

The CB Miami coaches essentially said wasn't athletic enough to cover Diggs, Xavien Howard demands trade; wants new contract 1 year after signing one; he doesn't report to camp 

Team caves says they will give him a new contract after the season.

Last week of camp word leaks they will be trading for Watson 

Houston does not trade Watson

Coach has to hold meeting saying Tua is our guy......for now

Tua not named a captain

Brian Flores, leader of men ladies and gentlemen.  Let's check that 2020 week 17 must win box score for them again....

My hatred of that team is higher then it was during the Marino years.  Best of luck to them.

Good teams don't get blown out in a win and in situation - let alone in a 2nd half played by the opponents backups.  That to me was their measuring stick game, and it to me looked like an 8-8 team that overachieved and won several games they shouldn't (be it key turnovers, missed FGs, blocked STs etc).  Tua will be better than he was a year ago, but they have no run game which is usually a fairly important thing in QB development.  Especially one who isn't particularly athletic.  Their offensive line is a young group, and they're also kind of bad.  

Their defense is a good unit, but they aren't someone you fear.  20th in total yards, 23rd in passing, 16th in rushing.  Tops in takeaways, which always ebb and flow a bit especially all the fumble recoveries.  Also, as you face the better offenses - they tend to turn it over less.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

The Dolphins the last 5 months:

2 OCs will be calling plays

Tries to trade for Watson 

Watson slammed with sexual assault charges 

Drafts the wrong Miami DE

Drafts a nice slot WR in the top 10...I guess

The CB Miami coaches essentially said wasn't athletic enough to cover Diggs, Xavien Howard demands trade; wants new contract 1 year after signing one; he doesn't report to camp 

Team caves says they will give him a new contract after the season.

Last week of camp word leaks they will be trading for Watson 

Houston does not trade Watson

Coach has to hold meeting saying Tua is our guy......for now

Tua not named a captain

Brian Flores, leader of men ladies and gentlemen.  Let's check that 2020 week 17 must win box score for them again....

My hatred of that team is higher then it was during the Marino years.  Best of luck to them.

One OC is the passing game coordinator and calls the plays while the other is just the run game coordinator.

They weren't the only team with a young QB that tried to trade for Watson.

They took the wrong Miami DE because he was injured and didn't play much in the preseason? OK.

When did coaches say Howard wasn't athletic enough to cover Diggs? He covered Hopkins and Tyreek so that's a lie. It also doesn't matter if Miami caved to pay him or not.

They don't have a say-so in what leaks or not. Prior to that leak, everyone was behind Tua down here so I'm not sure why the narrative changes because someone suddenly spilled info.

Players decide if they want to run for captain or not and the rest of the team votes. Tua didn't put his name in to be a captain. You would've had a point if you focused on Miami's best players not being captains. Miami's captains vary; all of the captains from last year's squad are not even on the team for example.

Flores is the leader of men and everyone loves him. He has no control over leaks, contracts, perception of team, etc. His job is to coach players, not appease opposing fans.

Edited by DolFAN93
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, DolFAN93 said:

One OC is the passing game coordinator and calls the plays while the other is just the run game coordinator.

They took the wrong Miami DE because he was injured and didn't play much in the preseason? OK.

When did coaches say Howard wasn't athletic enough to cover Diggs? He covered Hopkins and Tyreek so that's a lie. It also doesn't matter if Miami caved to pay him or not.

They don't have a say-so in what leaks or not. Prior to that leak, everyone was behind Tua down here so I'm not sure why the narrative changes because someone suddenly spilled info.

Players decide if they want to run for captain or not and the rest of the team votes. Tua didn't put his name in to be a captain. You would've had a point if you focused on Miami's best players not being captains.

Flores is the leader of men and everyone loves him. He has no control over leaks, contracts, perception of team, etc. His job is to coach players, not appease opposing fans.

Okay 👌…,

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Im sure deep down even Miami thinks Tua isn't going to be good enough.  They would be fools to give up all that for Watson with the off the field issues going on and I think they know that too.  The story may in part be manufactured for news but there is probably some truth that Miami looked.

It really is not that deep down.  Their actions with Fitz last year showed that, as did their flirtation with Watson this year.  

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, DolFAN93 said:

Players decide if they want to run for captain or not and the rest of the team votes. Tua didn't put his name in to be a captain. You would've had a point if you focused on Miami's best players not being captains. Miami's captains vary; all of the captains from last year's squad are not even on the team for example.

Are you not concerned about this, though? I'd be concerned if Josh wasn't captain or even run for captain in 2019.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, DolFAN93 said:

Well if were a fan of the Fish, I would be worried that my QB is not interested in being a leader, but I guess that is just me.

Flores has a good deal of the Bill Belichick arrogance coaching tree in him.  This is not going to end well.  

Troll on.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Are you not concerned about this, though? I'd be concerned if Josh wasn't captain or even run for captain in 2019.

I'd be WAY more concerned if Josh was being pulled in the 4th quarter of every close game because his backup gave us a better chance to win.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Not at all. Tua is not the most vocal guy. It's already been confirmed by multiple players that he's taken steps to be more of a leader this offseason. A letter on his jersey isn't going to affect how well Miami plays. People seem to have an issue with Tua so this was going to be blown up either way. 

Jerome Baker and Christian Wilikins are probably the most vocal and likeable players on the team and they're not captains. That's weird.

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I'd be WAY more concerned if Josh was being pulled in the 4th quarter of every close game because his backup gave us a better chance to win.

Unfortunately for you, that was last season. We as fans do no lament on something that happened almost a year ago and continue to hope for the worst like you do. 

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, DolFAN93 said:

Not at all. Tua is not the most vocal guy. It's already been confirmed by multiple players that he's taken steps to be more of a leader this offseason. A letter on his jersey isn't going to affect how well Miami plays. People seem to have an issue with Tua so this was going to be blown up either way. 

Jerome Baker and Christian Wilikins are probably the most vocal and likeable players on the team and they're not captains. That's weird.

Being vocal isn't being a leader. Isaiah McKenzie is one of the most vocal and likeable guys on the Bills, but I don't think anyone is questioning why he's not a captain. It's not weird at all.

On the other hand, you barely ever hear Edmunds talk unless it's calling the plays on defense. But he's a captain. Again not weird.

The QB is supposed to be a leader. You'd hope Tua would already be taking that role after his rookie year and considering he was a two year starter at Alabama.

Just now, DolFAN93 said:

Unfortunately for you, that was last season. We as fans do no lament on something that happened almost a year ago and continue to hope for the worst like you do. 

The fact he didn't beat Fitz for the job can't help, and no him not being a captain absolutely looks bad.

9 minutes ago, DolFAN93 said:

How does a new year change the fact that Flores has already demonstrated that he does not have confidence in Tua and won't hesitate to yank him if things get tough?  You think Tua forgot? 

1 hour ago, DolFAN93 said:

Re Howard not covering Diggs:

With Jones on the sideline with a groin injury, the Dolphins pegged 1st-round pick Noah Igbinoghene to step into his role and cover Bills receiver Stefon Diggs — it didn’t go well.

It is hard to blame Igbinoghene too much, he’s an unseasoned rookie who was playing in his second career NFL game. And remember — Igbinoghene was a former wide receiver himself who only logged two seasons on defense for the Auburn Tigers. There will be plenty of better days ahead for the rookie. But why did he get the call to step into covering Diggs as compared to the Dolphins’ other high-priced cornerback, Xavien Howard?

Here’s what Dolphins defensive coordinator Josh Boyer had to say:

“There’s a lot of factors that go into matching guys up. One, the routes they run. Two, the type of receivers they are and really three, the amount of movement that they do within their scheme. We always put guys in spots that we feel will be best for them and that’s why we made the decisions that we made. Obviously we’ve got to coach it better and we’ve got to play it better, but that’s what went into those decisions,” said Boyer.

Indeed, Diggs is a difficult matchup to solve because while he isn’t small, he’s still extremely sudden. And Igbinoghene is a more agile and fluid athlete in short spaces than Howard is — so the thought process made sense. But why didn’t the Dolphins move off of that assignment when it became clear it wasn’t going to stick? Boyer didn’t pull any punches.

“There were a lot of routes I would say that they hit us on that were similar routes that one, we can do a better job adjusting as coaches, and that’s on me. That’s not on anybody else. That’s on me. And I would say there’s some things fundamentally that we could do from an execution standpoint that will help us from a player aspect, too.”

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2020/09/22/why-didnt-dolphins-mirror-bills-wr-stefon-diggs-with-xavien-howard/

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, JohnNord said:

Someone compared his situation to EJ Manuel with the Bills and Id have to agree.  There are lots of questionable signs, which in isolation aren’t terrible, but in tandem shows what appears to be a lack of confidence in Tua as QB

Well....but so far by all reports, hospitality tents are safe from him

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

How does a new year change the fact that Flores has already demonstrated that he does not have confidence in Tua and won't hesitate to yank him if things get tough?  You think Tua forgot? 

I think you care about Flores' stance more than Tua lol. Again, he didn't have faith almost a year ago. Thoughts change, players improve.