Dolphins are the frontrunner on trade for Deshaun Watson

YoloinOhio

Who cares? Buffalo has a legit team with a legit QB who the fish and every other team has to beat for bragging rights. Of Miami is foolish enough to make the gamble then more power to them, hope whoever is at QB can win without new blood coming to the team via draft. If they aren’t winning free agents are likely to go elsewhere. 🤷🏼‍♂️ At least that’s my take on it, Watson is good but he’s not proven he can elevate a franchise solo. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ndirish1978 said:

In summary, this was never a real story and the media was bored and needed something to report. 

This was Houston trying to drum up business because most likely a team like Philly called asking about a 1st and a 2nd and maybe a guy like Hurts and Houston was hoping to get them to increase the offer while they are thinking about it.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Rochesterfan said:

This was Houston trying to drum up business because most likely a team like Philly called asking about a 1st and a 2nd and maybe a guy like Hurts and Houston was hoping to get them to increase the offer while they are thinking about it.

If this was total BS then why wouldn’t Flores straight up deny it and send a message that the team is 100% behind Tua?

My belief is that a number of teams checked on Watson again knowing the deadline that was approaching.   They thought they could either trade for Watson at a reduced price or make a trade with contingencies based on pending legal issues.  Houston rebuffed both.  

Charles Robinson, who was the first to report the Watson-Miami rumors, challenged anyone from the Miami org to dispute his report…They haven’t.  There’s little doubt in my mind that Miami was open to a trade for the right price 

3 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

If this was total BS then why wouldn’t Flores straight up deny it and send a message that the team is 100% behind Tua?

My belief is that a number of teams checked on Watson again knowing the deadline that was approaching.   They thought they could either trade for Watson at a reduced price or make a trade with contingencies based on pending legal issues.  Houston rebuffed both.  

Charles Robinson, who was the first to report the Watson-Miami rumors, challenged anyone from the Miami org to dispute his report…They haven’t.  There’s little doubt in my mind that Miami was open to a trade for the right price 

Where did the story originate from?  Who gave the details to Charles Robinson?

I have no doubt that several teams - maybe Miami, Philly, and Carolina reached out and are asking to make a deal for a small protected fraction of what Houston wants.

My guess was Philly looking at a 1st, a 2nd, Hurts, and maybe another player.

Miami may make a trade, but they wanted nothing to do with this coming out because it is a huge distraction for that team.

Therefore to me this is 100% Houston trying to drum up business and passing info out to try and get teams competing against each other.

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I wasn't sure where to put this, but not a good sign when the QB isn't named a captain.

Not expected when QB has so little experience.

Reminds me of Loki / Thanos scene in Avengers: Infinity War (2018).

Loki : If you're going to Earth, you might want a guide. I do have a bit of experience in that arena.

Thanos : Well, if you consider failure experience.

Loki : I consider *experience* experience.

Im sure deep down even Miami thinks Tua isn't going to be good enough.  They would be fools to give up all that for Watson with the off the field issues going on and I think they know that too.  The story may in part be manufactured for news but there is probably some truth that Miami looked.

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Christian Wilkins was on GMFB and when asked about Tua, he gave the most lukewarm endorsement ever... basically, "he's a nice guy and can do some things". 

Especially coming from Wilkins who hasn’t exactly been a slam dunk himself 

13 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Im sure deep down even Miami thinks Tua isn't going to be good enough.  They would be fools to give up all that for Watson with the off the field issues going on and I think they know that too.  The story may in part be manufactured for news but there is probably some truth that Miami looked.

IMO I think Miami sees that his ceiling along the same lines as I do…that of a Kirk Cousins or Andy Dalton.  I think he’ll be a good quarterback if the rest of your team is good.  I don’t think he’s a franchise QB.

DeShaun Watson is, which is why Miami is likely looking.  I’m guessing they tried to get a trade with contingencies, which Houston balked at.  

Either way, it’s not sending the best message about your QB

• Agree 1

Very telling that Tua is not named a captain in his 2nd NFL season especially when other high profile rookies around they league like Wilson and Laurence are. This kid is under enormous pressure to produce out of the gate which is going to be very tough opening against the likes of the Patriots and Bills defense.

I'm really starting to wonder if the Dolphins will be a serious this year after all but then again they can make a power move for Watson at any given moment which would change everything.

The Dolphins the last 5 months:

2 OCs will be calling plays

Tries to trade for Watson 

Watson slammed with sexual assault charges 

Drafts the wrong Miami DE

Drafts a nice slot WR in the top 10...I guess

The CB Miami coaches essentially said wasn't athletic enough to cover Diggs, Xavien Howard demands trade; wants new contract 1 year after signing one; he doesn't report to camp 

Team caves says they will give him a new contract after the season.

Last week of camp word leaks they will be trading for Watson 

Houston does not trade Watson

Coach has to hold meeting saying Tua is our guy......for now

Tua not named a captain

Brian Flores, leader of men ladies and gentlemen.  Let's check that 2020 week 17 must win box score for them again....

My hatred of that team is higher then it was during the Marino years.  Best of luck to them.