Dolphins are the frontrunner on trade for Deshaun Watson

YoloinOhio

21 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Should be interesting.   I still think Baltimore should be in on this. 

Are you saying this as it would up end BAL and really screw them or as in this would be an improvement over Lamar?

2 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Miami has the picks that Houston would want plus you throw in Tua in package. *****in stupid on Miami’s part but not surprising to say the least. Eagles and Panthers pulled out leaving Miami the only one

Aren’t those Houston’s draft picks to begin with?

I have a feeling that this will bite me, but I think it's more likely than not that a Dolphins trade for Watson can quite possibly hamstring their franchise for years. 

I don't think the Dolphins can pay his salary without last minute cuts. Watson's contract for base salary is pretty damn heavy after this year (~25 million a year) for the next four years so it's not like they can roll over a ton. Then, to give up three first round picks on top of that...

For a guy who might never play an NFL snap.

And who I think is grossly overrated. Yeah, Houston is incompetent but they couldn't run away with the division the past few years playing the Jags, an banged up/Andrew Luck-less Colts and the Ryan Tannehill Titans. And you want to hock the next 3-4 years on it?

I'm willing to play those odds.

Edit: I don't think he's bad, I think he is Matt Stafford and there is a reason why the Lions have never been serious contenders.

Edited by WhitewalkerInPhilly

20 minutes ago, BTB said:

No way anyone is coughing up major assets for Watson, unless they are convinced he can play all of 2021.   Just not happening. 

Even if he does play all 2021, at some point he's going to end up on the commissioner's exempt list and miss games.

Nate Geary mentioned it this morning in the pregame, he's either going to sit for the Texans or end up being on the list and not playing anyways.

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Even if he does play all 2021, at some point he's going to end up on the commissioner's exempt list and miss games.

Nate Geary mentioned it this morning in the pregame, he's either going to sit for the Texans or end up being on the list and not playing anyways.

...and you don’t think that a team trading for him does not know which way the winds are blowing coming from Goodell’s office?

I don't see it for Miami even if the price were lower. They'd want Watson for this season and he is likely to miss a bunch of games and they'd almost certainly be sending Tua the other way meaning they'd be committing to playing their backup. 

I would love for Miami to trade Tua to Houston and then have Watson get convicted and go to jail. Couldn’t happen to a better franchise. Btw, I’m over the “Flores is a great coach” shtick. He 100% blew the Fitz/Tua situation and already has a bad rep with agents for cutting guys a year after he lured them there. He’s going to be the next on a long list of Belicheck assistants who flame out.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

I would love for Miami to trade Tua to Houston and then have Watson get convicted and go to jail. Couldn’t happen to a better franchise. Btw, I’m over the “Flores is a great coach” shtick. He 100% blew the Fitz/Tua situation and already has a bad rep with agents for cutting guys a year after he lured them there. He’s going to be the next on a long list of Belicheck assistants who flame out.

Players have done worse and done no time. I'd rather he not be in the division, but that's me. 

Edited by FieldGeneral
  • Agree 1

Miami has so much draft capital. Who else could have enough to pull the trigger before the season starts? They would be wise to sit on it and see how a few games play out first. I don’t think anyone is going to give Houston what they want right now and the Phins will know after they play the Pats and Bills in the first 2 weeks exactly what they have. Watson would make Miami a much better team IMO. 

Either:

1. Miami trades and savages their next few drafts for an average QB with heavy baggage;

or

2. Miami fails to make the trade and is stuck with average Tua.

It's a win win no matter what happens.

• Disagree 3
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

No one is more overrated than Flores. He has mismanaged the QB room to the likes of the other Billy Boy protege, Bill O’Brien 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, boater said:

Either:

1. Miami trades and savages their next few drafts for an average QB with heavy baggage;

or

2. Miami fails to make the trade and is stuck with average Tua.

It's a win win no matter what happens.

Even if Watson plays all year for Miami, can he develop chemistry and play THAT good with only 2 weeks before the season starts? Seems crazy to me to have Tua all through camp and then sit him for a qb the team is totally unfamiliar with. What do I know though