Minshew traded to Eagles

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, mannc said:

Nice town. Oregon Duck football games are a blast. Great place to watch a game. My oldest son just graduated…

We're actually at an rv park up in Junction City. We drove by the ducks stadium yesterday.  Seems pretty nice so far.  The ducks home games aren't very good this year they play the tough games on the road it seems but that could change. 

1 hour ago, WMDman said:

Well Philly is the QB factory 

Absolutely.  As long as they are collecting substandard quarterbacks, maybe they will give us a third for Jake Fromm?  Maybe Fromm for Ertz straight up?  

So what is Philly going to do with Joe Flacco?  Could he be headed back to the Jets, who have no backups at QB who belong in the NFL?  Josh Johnson will be back in the XFL next spring, unless he wants to get his social security early.  The other 2 guys are practice squad quality.  

I expect more backup QB movement before the start of the season.  There are a few teams 3 deep in QBs like Chicago who has no need for Foles but may be stuck with him since he's a cap drain whether he's there or not & has a lot of guaranteed money for a new team to pick him up as a backup.  Then there's the mess in Houston with Watson who needs to settle his legal problems before he steps on the field again, if he ever does. The Feds are investigating him & he could end up in a Vick type of situation with real jail time.  There are at least 5 teams that if the starter goes down they may not win another game with their current backup.  

Here is a list of QB depth charts prior to the Minshew trade:  https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchartpos/QB

20 minutes ago, FLFan said:

Absolutely.  As long as they are collecting substandard quarterbacks, maybe they will give us a third for Jake Fromm?  Maybe Fromm for Ertz straight up?  

I think Dave Caldwell is in philly FO now, minshew was his guy 

3 minutes ago, ganesh said:

we should taken a flyer on him as Mitch will be gone next year

what would you do with him?  Take up a roster spot as the 3rd QB or put him on the PS?  There's no way you could put him on the PS and keep him and there is no way Beane is going to waste a roster spot on a 3rd QB this year.  We have plenty of time to deal with backup situation after this season.

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think Dave Caldwell is in philly FO now, minshew was his guy 

Thanks, but I guess I should have used a smiley face or something to denote my attempt at humor.  Caldwell is welcome to him as far as I am concerned.  

13 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Gruden should have traded for him .. that “Stache” screams Vegas pimp

Yes, but can he out preseason Nate Peterman?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

So what is Philly going to do with Joe Flacco?  Could he be headed back to the Jets, who have no backups at QB who belong in the NFL? 

Here is a list of QB depth charts prior to the Minshew trade:  https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchartpos/QB

Two comments

1. I think Flacco has zero trade value and will be cut

2. The list of backup QBs around the league is terrible. If Fromm can grow into a decent backup, we should protect him this year assuming Trubisky will get a starting gig next year

7 hours ago, buffaloaggie said:

Kind of shows Minshew isn't a good teammate. He's not going to take over from Hurts. Trading him indicates he was going to be a distraction with the Jags

He will, and right around week 6 is my guess. New coaching staff in Philly and they have not been outwardly thrilled by any means about having Hurts. Almost seemed reluctant to put plays in the playbook designed on his strengths. When discussing they have said he is the starter "right now" all along.

Minshew fits what they want to do better IMO. Has more starting experience as well.

• Like (+1) 1

This is one of the dumbest trades I've ever seen. They took HALF of Trevor Lawrence's snaps away for the duration of training camp and gave them to Minshew in this sham of a competition, then traded the one person who is adequately prepared to be that team's backup for essentially nothing. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2