McKenzie found the common sense [Edit: got vaxxed]

aristocrat

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He took it, that's the point.  🎉🎉🎉

When someone I've been talking to, slowly and patiently over months, finally hits a tipping point and decides it's in their interest to get vaccinated, I don't say "what took you so long?"  I say "That's Great News, I'm so happy to hear that!  I'm gonna sleep a bit better tonight!"

Demonizing people who aren’t vaccinated and admonishing those who take awhile to come around is just a bad idea all around. You’re just creating unneeded tension and animosity. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 7

Better late than never imho.  On a more serious note, I think the Bills team environment has a flaw.....they are being to nice to each other....the leaders that are vaccinated need to call out the unvax folks for risking the season team result.  Now, a religious objection is something else, but I would be looking at the fine print on the player contract and the league/players assoication contract.  I was once in a corporate environment like that, where the team was to nice to each other....we got called out by an external advisor, and we stepped up our game in terms of internal constructive criticism. (pushed each other)

Edited by bigK14094
add a word

1 hour ago, Cash said:

That’s great news! 

It sure is, 👍 shows that when you hit the ole pocketbook people buck up and fly right, and respond for the greater good…, 

Go IMac!!!! Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Mango said:

Curious if anybody else got vaccinated if ECMC sent somebody out. Hoping Milano and Davis. 

Based on the timeline of when the players returned isn't likely that Milano is already vaccinated? He and Klein returned earlier than the others though I guess that could be due to other factors.

On 8/28/2021 at 9:21 AM, CSBill said:

That's $14K worth of procrastination.

They probably told him, "Get the shot and the slot position is yours after we cut Beasley's prick-less arm!" 🤣

Beasley is not gonna be cut for being prick-less.

It is possible, if Beasley keeps on with the factually-incorrect, reality-doubting Twitters like:

isn't more vigilant with his masking in the facility, and hits a 4 game suspension, he might get cut for "conduct detrimental"

Facts:

It's a point that these data may be missing some asymptomatic infections that aren't detected using the NFL's current 14 day testing cadence.  How many those might be is probably beyond the scope here.  It's probably an over-estimate.

Saying "at least had the shots and hadn't made it to that point yet" is like saying "I almost scored a TD, except I fumbled on the 3 yard line".   There's a reason it doesn't count.

As an aside, I keep reading Beasley's tweets and my fingers start twitching towards making an account so I could send him some stuff

Then I decide to do something more constructive and less frustrating, like clean the basement, or weed the sidewalk.  I cancelled my IG account - I was starting to DM people, which was fun in its way, but I swore I never would.  Sidewalk Ho!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Demonizing people who aren’t vaccinated and admonishing those who take awhile to come around is just a bad idea all around. You’re just creating unneeded tension and animosity. 

That’s not what he said in his post, you either didn’t read it or your comprehension needs work…, 

44 minutes ago, sirebors said:

I would bet it has some to do with the 15k fine, but more to do with the possibility of losing game checks. Some players could lose a million dollars per game. Some a couple hundred thousand. 

For the common good was front and center six months ago.  The economics just became front and center.  The eye test is economics being the factor, but who knows for certain? McKenzie

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, Process said:

1. This is awesome news and hopefully more will follow his lead

2. He picked a bad day of the week to get it. That means second shot will be the day before a game? I couldn't get out of bed the day after let alone play football. 

Do they allow flexibility on when you get the second or does it have to be exactly three weeks?

He'll either be inactive or on post 53 IR on opening day.  He's probably got at least a 1 month injury.   

For anyone who has questioned the NFL's covid policy, we know for sure of 2 players on the Bills that got the vaccine to avoid the restrictions - Sanders and McKenzie. Surely there are many other players in the league that decided to get vaccinated for the same reason. This is all the NFL wanted. The policy is imperfect but it is working as intended.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Agree 2

19 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

Better late than never imho.  On a more serious note, I think the Bills team environment has a flaw.....they are being to nice to each other....the leaders that are vaccinated need to call out the unvax folks for risking the season team result.  Now, a religious objection is something else, but I would be looking at the fine print on the player contract and the league/players assoication contract.  I was once in a corporate environment like that, where the team was to nice to each other....we got called out by an external advisor, and we stepped up our game in terms of internal constructive criticism. (pushed each other)

We really don't know what's going on inside the meeting rooms and inside the clubhouse.

Remember, McDermott is the one who was observed getting all up in Matt Fairburn's face chest-to-chest and chewing him out "Are you With Us, or Against Us?" for some reason - I don't remember the specifics.....Fairburn has an MMA background IIR and was un-flapped by it, but I think it was a momentary glance at the inner Sean Mcdermott.

Point is, McDermott comes across as a level-headed and patient man in front of the press, but he is still a successful HS wrestler, a college football player who made good as a walk on, and a football coach wrangling players who are a good foot taller and twice his mass.

I wouldn't bet the rent that hes all sweetness and nice in private.

48 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

I had to reschedule my second one by two days, my doctor said it was fine.  I felt pretty rough for four hours or so roughly 24 hours after the second shot. I just assumed my new battery was running low while my bloodstream was searching for a 5G signal. All good the next morning. 

Yeah, it takes Bill Gates a few hours before he is fully acclimated to his new body. 

34 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

He'll either be inactive or on post 53 IR on opening day.  He's probably got at least a 1 month injury.   

That could be true, but it's not what the injury report is saying.  If it's an AC joint sprain, it seemed to affect Allen for about a month.  It's possible he's out for the season opener then back.  BangedupBills says "He is still very much in play to play Week 1, the next week of practice will be key to watch. "

Joe Buscaglia had him going on IR but Joe never said what information or evidence he has that it's "at least a 1 month injury"

Assuming neither of them have solid info from the team or McK, I put Kyle Trimble injury assessment >> Joe Buscaglia injury assessment.