McKenzie found the common sense [Edit: got vaxxed]

aristocrat

28 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

So he waited for six months, walked around unmasked in Bills facilities for 3 weeks, got himself fined, and now he took the plunge "for the greater good."  OK.

I would bet it has some to do with the 15k fine, but more to do with the possibility of losing game checks. Some players could lose a million dollars per game. Some a couple hundred thousand. 

1. This is awesome news and hopefully more will follow his lead

2. He picked a bad day of the week to get it. That means second shot will be the day before a game? I couldn't get out of bed the day after let alone play football. 

Do they allow flexibility on when you get the second or does it have to be exactly three weeks?

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Process said:

2. He picked a bad day of the week to get it. That means second shot will be the day before a game? I couldn't get out of bed the day after let alone play football. 

Do they allow flexibility on when you get the second or does it have to be exactly three weeks?

They allow flexibility. And again, he may not need the second shot if he already tested positive for covid 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Process said:

There is a window for getting the second shot.  When I got my Pfizer vaccine, I was scheduled 4 weeks out after my first dose.  I think because the vaccines were still not that plentiful, places were doing that to accommodate more first doses for more people.  

1 minute ago, Justin C said:

I'm surprised Star isn't vaccinated considering he sat out last year due to Covid concerns. I've also seen him walking around Wegmans maskless though.

He's Mormon and some of them have some pretty differnent views on medicine. My recent neighbor has to go see her community doc first who has no real training in medicine and only after exhausting that person can she go to a real doc.  

Good, he bought a fake card.  Way cheaper than getting fined

Just now, aristocrat said:

He's Mormon and some of them have some pretty differnent views on medicine. My recent neighbor has to go see her community doc first who has no real training in medicine and only after exhausting that person can she go to a real doc.  

That's not doctrinal in the LDS church at all.  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Process said:

I had to reschedule my second one by two days, my doctor said it was fine.  I felt pretty rough for four hours or so roughly 24 hours after the second shot. I just assumed my new battery was running low while my bloodstream was searching for a 5G signal. All good the next morning. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Demongyz said:

Good, he bought a fake card.  Way cheaper than getting fined

Actually probably not cheaper. Especially after the NFL finds out and suspends you. 

Flynn: Possessing fake COVID-19 vaccine cards is a felony offense

Erie County District Attorney John J. Flynn says anyone who is in possession of a forged vaccine card could be charged with a felony offense.

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Or he got the message that he was in danger of being cut.  They didn't want a WR room with half un-vaxed?

They can't have given him a message anything near that direct.  I'm sure the latter statement is true, but the message has to be framed very differently.

He's been Beasley's little disciple.  But the reality is, Beasley has a cap hit of $7.3M and a salary of $4.7M.  At 18 weeks, that's $260,000 per game.  Beasley got fined basically, 6% of a game check and 0.2% of his cap hit.  Lil' Dirty on the other hand, just got fined almost 1/3 of a $55k game check, 27%, and 1.5% of his contract. 

He's said they could pay him in candy, but at the bottom of the roster and with financial plans for his restaurant and startups plus some family to take care of (a grandmother? or aunt?), he just might have decided "Money Talks, bull#### Walks" to Beasley's schtick.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

41 minutes ago, CSBill said:

That's $14K worth of procrastination.

They probably told him, "Get the shot and the slot position is yours after we cut Beasley's prick-less arm!" 🤣

It’s sort of hyperbole, but there’s probably some truth here. McKenzie gives the room some breathing room. McKenzie and Stevenson can probably fill the room OK. If Gabe Davis gets vaxed it makes Beasley a bit more expendable, pushing Sanders to the slot possibly. 

Not necessarily saying we should, but it’s a good thought exercise. 

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

So he waited for six months, walked around unmasked in Bills facilities for 3 weeks, got himself fined, and now he took the plunge "for the greater good."  OK.

He took it, that's the point.  🎉🎉🎉

When someone I've been talking to, slowly and patiently over months, finally hits a tipping point and decides it's in their interest to get vaccinated, I don't say "what took you so long?"  I say "That's Great News, I'm so happy to hear that!  I'm gonna sleep a bit better tonight!"

• Like (+1) 7
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 11
  • Thank you (+1) 3