Week 0 2021

Mark Vader

College Football is back!

Alright, I know that there are only 5 games and the marquee match-up is Illinois Vs. Nebraska, but it's football and these games count.

Next week we will be looking for bigger and better things.

Edited by Mark Vader

• Mark Vader changed the title to Week 0 2021
On 8/29/2021 at 12:47 PM, Southern_Bills said:

Even as a Bama fan I'm probably looking forward to Clemson/Georgia the most. 

I always look forward to the big non-conference games this early in the season.

I'm very interested in the Penn State-Auburn game.

27 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Even if Clemson loses they are all but guaranteed a playoff spot. They are a very strong team but they very rarely play anybody decent. 

Nothing new.

I would actually say it's opposite. GA has the remaining schedule to play their way back in. 

If Clemson were to lose, not saying they will, they don't have enough on the schedule to overcome it unless other top teams start losing. 

Not really expecting but so much this year out of Notre Dame. We have the Wisconsin transfer at QB in Coan, lost a bunch of OL'man to the NFL, the WR group is iffy, and we lost 5 starters on defense. We still have Kyren Williams, Chris Tyree, Kyle Hamilton, and Michael Mayer, but I feel like this is going to be a 9-3 type of season. Still hype for the Sunday night game to get things kicked off against Florida St. though. :thumbsup:

9 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

I would actually say it's opposite. GA has the remaining schedule to play their way back in. 

If Clemson were to lose, not saying they will, they don't have enough on the schedule to overcome it unless other top teams start losing. 

I see your point but imo if Clemson loses (and manages to keep it close), they will win the rest of their games by 40 or 50 points. Unless there are 4 undefeated teams in front of them it will be hard to prevent them from getting in.

As always, jmo.

4 hours ago, H2o said:

Not really expecting but so much this year out of Notre Dame. We have the Wisconsin transfer at QB in Coan, lost a bunch of OL'man to the NFL, the WR group is iffy, and we lost 5 starters on defense. We still have Kyren Williams, Chris Tyree, Kyle Hamilton, and Michael Mayer, but I feel like this is going to be a 9-3 type of season. Still hype for the Sunday night game to get things kicked off against Florida St. though. :thumbsup:

Defense will be better under Marcus Freeman. He’s s really good coach (and recruiter) 

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Defense will be better under Marcus Freeman. He’s s really good coach (and recruiter) 

Yeah, I loved the hire. We just don't have the athletes to compete yet, especially in the Secondary outside of Hamilton. Our recruiting class coming in for '22 looks sick right now. :thumbsup:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.