Shaq Lawson on trade block (update - traded to Jets)

YoloinOhio

27 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They can just give him Carl’s jersey

That’s funny.  He seemed to be a nice guy and a role player and maybe Saleh needs that now.  Shaw saw the bad in Wrex, and the food in McD.

I may be giving Saleh a lot of credit, but he just seems to me like a McD kind of guy.  Shaq could be good for that room this year.  They will be lucky to get 5-6 wins.  They need stability and Shaq can potentially help there.  Maybe beat the Texans and Jags as examples.

52 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

Is it that or coaching?

I suspect it’s about coaching with Lawson, but buyer beware in any case.  He underperformed from the start in Buffalo, including his first year under McD.  They made a good decision in not picking up his option.  I am not sure if the coaching or the contract year motivation were more of a factor in his 2019 performance, but the fact that his play slipped significantly after getting his payday does not speak highly of his self motivation.  I think we dodged a bullet in his taking the Miami offer over the Bills.   

As some have suggested he might be a good fit for the desperate Jets, but if I were Saleh I would not count on much leadership and be prepared to push hard.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FLFan said:

I suspect it’s about coaching with Lawson, but buyer beware in any case.  He underperformed from the start in Buffalo, including his first year under McD.  They made a good decision in not picking up his option.  I am not sure if the coaching or the contract year motivation were more of a factor in his 2019 performance, but the fact that his play slipped significantly after getting his payday does not speak highly of his self motivation.  I think we dodged a bullet in his taking the Miami offer over the Bills.   

As some have suggested he might be a good fit for the desperate Jets, but if I were Saleh I would not count on much leadership and be prepared to push hard.

Do you think Beane would consider bringing him back on a cheap 1 year deal if released?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Do you think Beane would consider bringing him back on a cheap 1 year deal if released?

On the Bills current roster, I think he'd be behind about 7 other guys at DE

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I wonder if that 19 season was because he was due a new contract and not so much him finally understanding McD’s defensive scheme. Kind of funny that him and Philips chased the money and have had no success since leaving Buffalo

Well I honestly was never that big on Shaq and didn't expect but so much out of him. His decent season in 2019 maybe was more due to McD's scheme. As far as Phillips, wasn't he hurt for a while last season? I could be wrong, but thought he was.

1 hour ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Well I honestly was never that big on Shaq and didn't expect but so much out of him. His decent season in 2019 maybe was more due to McD's scheme. As far as Phillips, wasn't he hurt for a while last season? I could be wrong, but thought he was.

Yeah he was hurt but when he came back he didn’t do much. 

• YoloinOhio changed the title to Shaq Lawson on trade block (update - traded to Jets)