Shaq Lawson on trade block (update - traded to Jets)

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Utah John said:

Jordan Phillips is another story.  I think we could use a big body, active guy at DT.  Star can't play every down, and no one else seems to be able to hold up the interior of the line. 

Oh, absolutely! It’s all about how much Jordan Phillips would cost. I already feel great about our DEs/pass rush but Phillips would be a monster next to Ed Oliver.

8 hours ago, Mat68 said:

You believe they draft another Qb even if they go winless?

WhereTF did I say that?? 

I don’t believe in Prince Valiant or the ‘Urban Renewal project’ as both are system products. They’re the London Jagoffs. I’ll start recognizing them as an NFL franchise when they officially move across the pond.

14 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Good thing he got paid by Miami. I never thought he was that bad. Maybe not a good scheme fit? Where’s Rex when you need him 

He wasn't that bad..... but he wasn't that good.

If he was worth it Beane would have found the money....JAGs won't get top $$$ here anymore.

10 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Do they?😳

He doesn't look like he will light it up right out of the gate.

He stares down his target and you need a lot of arm strength if your doing that in this league and even then your getting burned.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

If Lawson gets traded, he will be on his 4th in 2 years.  He’s NFL version of Kenny Lofton.  If you guys don’t remember Kenny Lofton, he was a baseball player that played for every major league team at least twice.

He also played half a season for the Utah Jazz

• Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Good thing he got paid by Miami. I never thought he was that bad. Maybe not a good scheme fit? Where’s Rex when you need him 

Unpopular opinion, but I agree. He is a decent NFL DE.  He isn’t a dominant pass rusher, but seems to hold up in the run game and can get effort sacks.

Lawson chased the money - like a lot of players do.  Can't say I blame him, but how many times has that approach led to a shorter / less significant career?  When you're in a good situation - don't always run, cuz the grass ain't always greener.

Except when the lawn is made of money I suppose...