St. Louis Rams Relocation Legal Article - Could Impact the Bills

15 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

If we’re talking about Hochoul, then she’ll convince the legislators  Because she will be up for re election and she wants that job long term and not short term. Plus she’s from the Buffalo area and is a Bills fan. If she were to let the Bills leave on her watch her career would be in trouble and she wouldn’t be able to show her face in her hometown. She has a lot to lose than to gain. Plus all the erie state officials won’t let a relocation happen on their watch. They’re going to get a deal done

Other than those in western and maybe central NY, the legislators you assume she will convince represent the majority districts where we can assume very few voters care if the Bills get a stadium--or even leave.  If the don't care, how can she convince them?  There's nothing in it for them.  Every district has it's own big ticket wish project they want funded.  These lawmakers aren't going to drop another billion in Buffalo so Hochul can save face in Buffalo.

Sure, they will get something from the state.  Before they get a dollar, they should get to review the personal and business financials of the Pegulas.

12 hours ago, purple haze said:

Yep and WNY will get its stadium like the city got there baseball stadiums.  Might take some inside pool trade-off’s between politicos, but I’m not concerned.  Everyone knew a new stadium was on the horizon when the Pegula’s bought the team.  This isn’t out of left field.  Folks need to calm down and stop constantly worrying.  It’s a drag.      

I think most people understand there will be a new stadium.  But a lot here are making assumptions about the power off the Governor to make this happen.   Downstate she's fairly unknown and not feared.

On 8/27/2021 at 11:26 PM, Kelly the Dog said:

Nonsense. Pegula was always going to win. It never was in doubt. They may have wanted to boost up the asking price but there was zero chance the Bills were leaving. It was an inside job (partly because Terry had so much money). He actually paid $300-400m more than he had to to get the team which ingratiated him to fellow owners whose owns teams overnight were worth 2-400m more. No chance at all Bills were moving. 

If Rogers does not die unexpectedly resulting in Toronto bid getting split, Jon Bon Jovi refusing to give up controlling postion while being woefully undercapitalized to make competitive bid(due to NFL ownership% rules for controlling party) resulting in a limit for their bid that Pegula easily topped.......... 

You could very well be talking about Bills about to become the Toronto Bills and opening new stadium in Toronto for 2021 reg season opener after exercising the $28 million lease buyout this past off season.

https://buffalonews.com/news/deal-solidifies-bills-presence-here-troubling-exit-clause-gives-team-an-out-after-seven-years/article_17c0a3fc-4b47-5e2e-9a9a-29d5efe72b72.html

That was Jon Bon Jovi/Rogers Toronto group plans. Jon Bon Jovi was scouting stadium locations in Toronto in midst of submitting bid for Bills.

Edited by cba fan
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, cba fan said:

If Rogers does not die unexpectedly resulting in Toronot bid getting split, Jon Bon Jovi refusing to give up controlling postion while being woefully undercapitalized to make competitive bid(due to NFL % ownership rules for controlling party) resulting in a limit for their bid that Pegula easily topped.......... 

You could very well be talking about Bills about to become the Toronto Bills and opening new stadium in Toronto for 2021 after exercising the 28 million lease buy this past off season.

https://buffalonews.com/news/deal-solidifies-bills-presence-here-troubling-exit-clause-gives-team-an-out-after-seven-years/article_17c0a3fc-4b47-5e2e-9a9a-29d5efe72b72.html

That was Jon Bon Jovi/Rogers Toronto group plans. Jon Bon Jovi was scouting stadium locations in Toronot in midst of submitting bid for Bills.

The BonJovi thing was a farce. No one was going to give him what he wanted. The bid for the team was not even going to go to highest bidder unless it was 100% certain they were staying in Buffalo (and not just you have my word). Mary Wilson was not even going to entertain offers outside of Buffalo and the league didn’t want it. It was fixed for the Bills to stay. 

• Dislike 1

From the inside source I have the NFL,state and local leaders will meet again tomorrow 9/30 about the stadium. The pegulas really have nothing to do with the negotiation process. The NFL is pushing and leading the talks. I was also told don’t count out a city location. That 1.4 is stadium and some Infrastructure changes price tag. As to what infrastructure changes that would be are unknown. The pegulas , Roco termini , Carl Paladino and many other have bought large chunks of land in and around the perry projects for a reason. Some might call BS on me but this comes from someone inside the meetings.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Chicharito said:

From the inside source I have the NFL,state and local leaders will meet again tomorrow 9/30 about the stadium. The pegulas really have nothing to do with the negotiation process. The NFL is pushing and leading the talks. I was also told don’t count out a city location. That 1.4 is stadium and some Infrastructure changes price tag. As to what infrastructure changes that would be are unknown. The pegulas , Roco termini , Carl Paladino and many other have bought large chunks of land in and around the perry projects for a reason. Some might call BS on me but this comes from someone inside the meetings.

Interesting....

10 minutes ago, Chicharito said:

So they are gonna try a downtown/city location. I thought the main goal was to build it in OP? 

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/should-state-county-fund-new-bills-stadium-yes-says-former-sabres-executive/article_cb316e98-01b7-11ec-8cbe-4f9726a277f3.html

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

The BonJovi thing was a farce. No one was going to give him what he wanted. The bid for the team was not even going to go to highest bidder unless it was 100% certain they were staying in Buffalo (and not just you have my word). Mary Wilson was not even going to entertain offers outside of Buffalo and the league didn’t want it. It was fixed for the Bills to stay. 

Is this from inside sources?

5 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

The idea was to build it in OP because of the far lower cost.  If that's removed as an obstacle...

I think rebuilding open air in Orchard Park is lunacy. I've always supported a city stadium and I can't get my head around how rebuilding open air in OP would cost double what Indy got for a Downtown stadium with a retractable roof and an attachment to the convention center. Even with inflation etc....

Heck if they are going to stay in the suburbs I'd have stomached Amherst as Wilkinson suggested they considered. Operate a facility close to UB and you could have added the Bulls as a tenant and gotten an additional 6/7 days of use out of the stadium a year and a bit more value for the tax payer and I'm sure UB may have kicked in a contribution to the costs even if it was relatively small. You also have the long awaited metro rail extension to the UB North campus.

This is just ***** nuts. If we are going going fork out a shitload of public money regardless of the outcome we might as well do it right.

• Like (+1) 3

On 8/29/2021 at 7:41 AM, Mr. WEO said:

Other than those in western and maybe central NY, the legislators you assume she will convince represent the majority districts where we can assume very few voters care if the Bills get a stadium--or even leave.  If the don't care, how can she convince them?  There's nothing in it for them.  Every district has it's own big ticket wish project they want funded.  These lawmakers aren't going to drop another billion in Buffalo so Hochul can save face in Buffalo.

Sure, they will get something from the state.  Before they get a dollar, they should get to review the personal and business financials of the Pegulas.

I think most people understand there will be a new stadium.  But a lot here are making assumptions about the power off the Governor to make this happen.   Downstate she's fairly unknown and not feared.

Schumer and Gillibrand are good “friends” to have in this regard.  

1 hour ago, billsfan_34 said:

A dying state with high operating costs…I would never rule anything out considering the greed of the NFL. Anything is possible.

They are not relocating, A deal will get done. This stuff takes time and doesn’t happen overnight. The Bills aren’t leaving Buffalo. No NY or Erie state politician will let this happen on their watch

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

They are not relocating, A deal will get done. This stuff takes time and doesn’t happen overnight. The Bills aren’t leaving Buffalo. No NY or Erie state politician will let this happen on their watch

And Joe would never leave Americans behind- I know I know- belonga in PPP but dont ever trust too much my friend 😊

• Eyeroll 2

21 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

And Joe would never leave Americans behind- I know I know- belonga in PPP but dont ever trust too much my friend 😊

Serious question, are you rooting for the Bills to move because if you take your user name away and just read your content....

23 minutes ago, Beast said:

Serious question, are you rooting for the Bills to move because if you take your user name away and just read your content....

Not at all- I am a season ticket holder and been a HUGE fan for over 4 decades. I am merely stating not to discount anything. If people want to put all their faith in politicians, good on ya.