NFL proposes 1x/week testing for vaxxed players to NFLPA

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I don't even know how to respond to these types of threads anymore. Sucks. 

Is it really that hard? 

Focus on the Football aspect of the topic, and stay away from playing Epidemiologist, Virologist, Covid Transmission Expert, and Political Scientist.

I'll give it a try: since the NFLPA has already requested daily testing of vaccinated players, is it reasonable to assume that the majority of their members, who are majority vaccinated, are in favor of this, and would have no problem testing more frequently?

If that's the case, then I don't understand why the NFL doesn't throw the NFLPA a bone and go with the daily testing for all that the NFLPA requested.  Are they baulking at the expense, or what?

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Is it really that hard? 

Focus on the Football aspect of the topic, and stay away from playing Epidemiologist, Virologist, Covid Transmission Expert, and Political Scientist.

I'll give it a try: since the NFLPA has already requested daily testing of vaccinated players, is it reasonable to assume that the majority of their members, who are majority vaccinated, are in favor of this, and would have no problem testing more frequently?

If that's the case, then I don't understand why the NFL doesn't throw the NFLPA a bone and go with daily testing for all.

If that tweet saying they're pushing for mandatory vaccinations is true maybe it's negotiations?

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Is it really that hard? 

If that's the case, then I don't understand why the NFL doesn't throw the NFLPA a bone and go with the daily testing for all that the NFLPA requested.  Are they baulking at the expense, or what?

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Wouldn't going to everyday testing for vaxxed personnel be a sign their protocols are a failure? NFL hates being wrong. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

I don’t want to say too much, but let’s just put it this way. This season could become very complicated, especially if testing vaxxed players takes place. Last season was nothing short of a miracle, which could happen again, but I just hope for the best. 

Edited by SirAndrew

If the league want the season to play out with minimal disruptions, they should be testing everyone as much as possible, find the positives as soon as possible and isolate them from the rest of the team. It’s that simple. 2 weeks between tests for vaxed players is nuts.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Andy1 said:

If the league want the season to play out with minimal disruptions, they should be testing everyone as much as possible, find the positives as soon as possible and isolate them from the rest of the team. It’s that simple. 2 weeks between tests for vaxed players is nuts.

It's the only way. 

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I don’t want to say too much, but let’s just put it this way. This season could become very complicated, especially if testing vaxxed players takes place. Last season was nothing short of a miracle, which could happen again, but I just hope for the best. 

I think the season will become very complicated if they don't test vaxxed players and staff.  We just saw why.

• Like (+1) 3

46 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Also of interest:

So Pelissaro threw out some other stuff:

Since they are testing unvaccinated players 14x more often than vaccinated players unless the latter have symptoms, are they actually identifying all the Covid cases among vaccinated players and staff?   Seems to me the right thing is to find out, by more testing.