Fitz discusses the fanbases where he has played

19 hours ago, Virgil said:

I love him so much.  Always will. I wish he stayed here and was our transition to Josh.  

He was better than everything that came in between but realistically that would have meant 5 more years and I am not sure any team should settle for Fitz level play out of its starting QB for 8 years.

I love Fitz. He was the only pre-Josh Bills QB I liked because he played to win the game rather than keep his job but I think 8 years of him starting would have been too many.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

For the smartest guy in the league he sure makes a load of dumb ass decisions. Love me some Fitzy though. My favorite non Bill. National treasure. 

I feel like his decisions might be ok, but he just doesnt have the physical ability to successfully execute on those decisions.

I wonder how many of those INTs on 4th qtr end-of-game drives would have been TDs and wins if he had Josh's arm?

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He was better than everything that came in between but realistically that would have meant 5 more years and I am not sure any team should settle for Fitz level play out of its starting QB for 8 years.

I love Fitz. He was the only pre-Josh Bills QB I liked because he played to win the game rather than keep his job but I think 8 years of him starting would have been too many.

I figured it was implied that his performance would have been needed to be better.  I'm more talking about him as a person and member of the team.  We had to move on from him with the money we paid him and his performance cap. I really do wish he was the qb to break the playoff drought.

Edited by Virgil
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I feel like his decisions might be ok, but he just doesnt have the physical ability to successfully execute on those decisions.

I wonder how many of those INTs on 4th qtr end-of-game drives would have been TDs and wins if he had Josh's arm?

Agree 100%.  He's always made great decisions.  He just has a little too much confidence in himself to execute properly.  His guts are admirable.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

That’s my point though. He believes he can make a lot of those throws but his arm can’t cash the checks his brain makes. But he seems to be the only one that doesn’t know it or see it. We all do. That’s bad decision making. 

5 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

How are they great decisions when the ball can’t get there? ;)

A great decision in theory isn't necessarily a good decision in practice.

On 8/26/2021 at 6:54 PM, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

After Mitch goes, if Fitz is still playing or available, I wouldn't mind if he came back to back up Josh. 

Interesting thought.  Daboll gets HC position in DC Metropolitan Area team and Trubisky goes with him with Fitzpatrick becoming backup to Josh.