SOS - Got Roped Into a Fantasy League That Drafts In 5 Hours

ndirish1978

Mods feel free to move this to off the wall. Hoping I can get some help from people who enjoy fantasy football to advise me on a website where I can find a cheatsheet. I jumped into a buddy's league as a favor after someone dropped out last minute and they were on the verge of cancelled rather than having an odd number. I'm not a FF savant - I follow the Bills as closely as the compression sleeve on Stevenson's leg but I don't care about parsing stats for most other teams other than watching them before we play them. Anything you could send me would be greatly appreciated as I am now pairing ignorance with a fairly unhealthy competitive drive. Thanks board!

• Thank you (+1) 1

Fantasy leagues are rarely won on draft day. It’s the waiver wire that separates the men from boys. 
I’m teasing a little. 
You can find all kinda rankings, it depends on the league. What site is it on? Is it a ppr league? Idp? All those factor into rankings by round 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Forward Progress said:

Sign up for The Athletic. They have a cheat sheet that downloads into Excel that works really well. 

Then you can enjoy The Athletic all year - it’s the only sports content that I’m willing to  pay for. 

I have a subscription. I will do this asap. Thanks 

• Like (+1) 2

Just focus on filling out your roster with good players. Every online platform will already have players ranked, so just generally follow the existing ranking system. It's ok to take multiple running backs and receivers in a row because that's the bulk of your team.

A rookie mistake is taking a QB too soon. QB's score a lot of fantasy points, but there are a lot of QB's that can get you good points. Running back gets drafted early because there are a few elite guys and then a huge dropoff of production, so you want to get at least one good running back if you can.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Mods feel free to move this to off the wall. Hoping I can get some help from people who enjoy fantasy football to advise me on a website where I can find a cheatsheet. I jumped into a buddy's league as a favor after someone dropped out last minute and they were on the verge of cancelled rather than having an odd number. I'm not a FF savant - I follow the Bills as closely as the compression sleeve on Stevenson's leg but I don't care about parsing stats for most other teams other than watching them before we play them. Anything you could send me would be greatly appreciated as I am now pairing ignorance with a fairly unhealthy competitive drive. Thanks board!

I've used a multitude of sources, and will always check "rotoworld" (search the player I'm about to draft to make sure he isn't injured or something else newsworthy).

But here is the source I rely on:  https://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/mock-draft/results

You can pick between PPR or not.  it's a mock draft compilation, and also has position rankings.  I find it very helpful for planning when to take a player in later rounds and overall thoughts.

Best ones are those without a lot of CPU picks, so you can get an idea on how others value certain players.

Good luck!

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Forward Progress said:

Sign up for The Athletic. They have a cheat sheet that downloads into Excel that works really well. 

Then you can enjoy The Athletic all year - it’s the only sports content that I’m willing to  pay for. 

Where do I find this cheat sheet. Do you have a link? I have a subscription so I’ll be able to download it.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Where do I find this cheat sheet. Do you have a link? I have a subscription so I’ll be able to download it.

https://theathletic.com/2786655/2021/08/26/fantasy-football-cheat-sheet-fully-customizable-rankings-and-projections-for-your-league-scoring-updated-aug-23/

bottom of page

• Thank you (+1) 1

What site are you all using? NFL, ESPN, Yahoo, CBS? Is it a PPR league (Point Per Reception)? What's the scoring breakdown for your QB's? That can change strategies a bit. I've been in some where it's more shifted to the other skill positions. The big names that come to mind which you hear on NFL broadcasts and TV shows are always a good place to start. Your first round pick needs to be a hit so the Derrick Henry's, Dalvin Cook's, Josh Allen's, Aaron Rodgers', Patrick Mahomes', of the world are where to look. Guys basically guaranteed to put up numbers every week. Do the same thing every round following. Once you get to the middle to late rounds you just have to have a bit of luck on your side. Watch the bye weeks as well. You don't want to have to take an L because there's a week where 3/4 of your team aren't playing. 

24 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

https://theathletic.com/2786655/2021/08/26/fantasy-football-cheat-sheet-fully-customizable-rankings-and-projections-for-your-league-scoring-updated-aug-23/?source=user_shared_article

This link should work… you will need to scroll to the very bottom of the page for the link to the spreadsheet. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.