Ravens trading Shaun Wade to Pats

YoloinOhio

Just now, Solomon Grundy said:

😱😱😱. Wonder if this has Gilmore implications?

Wade would not be able to play outside in belichick’s defense. At least not yet. 

I think the ravens were shopping him because they are over numbers at that position 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Success said:

Apparently, no GM's are listening to me:  no more trading w/ New England!  Is it so hard to avoid?

Except for Beane. Didn't we get a 6th for Bodine and he didn't make Pats* final cuts?

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, WMDman said:

Wade is a slot CB i doubt this has anything to do with Gilmore, also if I’m not mistaken is wade not great in man I thought he was mostly a zone corner?

He’s not going to survive in belichick’s defense unless he’s in the slot. Very good in slot. 

My guess is Wade is just for depth as they liked him in the draft and the Ravens are deep in the secondary.  I don't put too much stock in this being some kind of ominous sign they're moving on from Gilmore.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Wade would not be able to play outside in belichick’s defense. At least not yet. 

I think the ravens were shopping him because they are over numbers at that position 

I think There's zero chance of him being an outside corner in the league 

His recovery time is not great and he doesn't mirror well in man coverage which is what Bill runs 

This is a depth slot pick-up .. maybe he will be a starting nickel with experience and more refined technique

1 hour ago, WMDman said:

Wade is a slot CB i doubt this has anything to do with Gilmore, also if I’m not mistaken is wade not great in man I thought he was mostly a zone corner?

Not a great coverage corner all around right now 

He has good size and great length, an ability to make some highlight reel interceptions

Last year he was.... Left a lot to be desired

• Thank you (+1) 1