McD's Presser

MAJBobby

34 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Players talk about controversial subjects on social media all of the time… there’s a little thing called Freedom of Speech? 

I'm guessing Constitutional Law wasn't something you studied, (or at least passed) while in school.

There is NOTHING here about the US Government suppressing Cole's freedom of speech. 

Edited by The Dean

I have a question:

I came into a thread entitled "McD's Presser" and expected to read direct quotes via tweets as to what he was saying.  Instead I don't really know what was said about the presser and I'm reading speculation and opinions about what was said as it relates to Buffalo.  I just thought the new policy here at TBD is that that is not allowed.

Is that still the case or was it a one day thing?

Sorry... but I just don't want to jump in a boat with a bunch of people violating CoC and get kicked out of the boat because I was the last one in.

Oh..... and can someone please post quotes from the presser, too?

3 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

It seems that he has a bigger issue with it this year because vaccinated players don't have to follow the same rules as the unvaccinated. If we're to assume he has a consistent criticism, that seems to be it; he's saying he isn't anti-vax, but he's being vocal about this because he thinks the unvaccinated players are being treated unfairly.

As it should be. It makes sense that way. To me it's just simple common sense for those that are vaccinated shouldn't have do all that as much anymore. His choice is not to vaccinate, so by making his choice he should have to follow the guidlines in place due to that choice. Anyways, I agree with you and I'm in no way attempting to argue or belittle anyones decision.

Just saying it makes sense the rules are different for vaccinated and those that are not.

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not necessarily. He said he had a mask on that whole day. Apparently he didn’t only for 5 steps from the entry door to the locker room. 

Wonder if he would of gotten nailed if he hadn't painted a giant bullseye on his back.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Mckenzie said he is vaccinated … may still be in two week window, or nfl doesn’t have updated data. I assume the first. 

So trying find the positive spin maybe this is less of a major issue in the locker room so much as a series of unfortunate slip ups.

8 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

It seems that he has a bigger issue with it this year because vaccinated players don't have to follow the same rules as the unvaccinated. 

He actually has a good point to make, but he's not making it well and he strays from the point too often. 

If an unvaccinated player and vaccinated player can both make another player sick then everyone should wear masks and follow the same protocol if the goal is to keep everyone healthy.  That's his point, and on that point I think he's right. 

• Agree 2

48 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

Sure punish the 80% of players who did the right thing for not only their teams but society as a whole..

*shrug* I don't think that's a productive perspective at all.

I think a more productive perspective is, "what do we got to do to get through the season and maximize everyone's availability?"

There were data based on the Covid variants at the time we were 2-3 months into vaccinations , and the NFL protocols appear to have been designed based upon that data (I put some calculations up over on the Covid Facts thread if anyone cares, but hit me in PM if you have questions).

That was then, this is now, and the data emerging based on the current Covid variants suggest different protocols are needed.

It would be like being told to expect a bright sunny day for a hike in the Rocky Mountains.  But while you're at the trailhead ready to depart, you see clouds thickening and the wind kicking up and your weather sense tells you to expect a storm.  So to keep on track for your hike, you better pack a raincoat and rainpants, maybe choose an alternate route that will keep you off exposed ridges in case of thunderstorms, maybe pack a RON emergency kit and a pile jacket in case it turns cold.

It does no good to complain that you're being "punished" by needing to lug along a pile jacket and a raincoat when the forecast "promised" a bright sunny day where all you carried was a snack and a bottle of water; you can't hike the forecast, you have to hike the weather you find.

4 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

As it should be. It makes sense that way. To me it's just simple common sense for those that are vaccinated shouldn't have do all that as much anymore. His choice is not to vaccinate, so by making his choice he should have to follow the guidlines in place due to that choice. Anyways, I agree with you and I'm in no way attempting to argue or belittle anyones decision.

Just saying it makes sense the rules are different for vaccinated and those that are not.

I mean it makes sense as incentive and would be less of an issue if everyone actually got vaccinated but as that is unlikely it in fact makes things less safe, especially for the unvaccinated but that is a bit of their own damn fault.

Edited by Warcodered

4 minutes ago, driddles said:

He actually has a good point to make, but he's not making it well and he strays from the point too often. 

If an unvaccinated player and vaccinated player can both make another player sick then everyone should wear masks and follow the same protocol if the goal is to keep everyone healthy.  That's his point, and on that point I think he's right. 

Yes.  Beasley is correct on that specific point.  In fact it's my understanding that the NFLPA has asked the NFL to make changes to the protocols, and the NFL has refused so far.  We'll see if they change their viewpoint.

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean it makes sense as incentive and would be less of an issue if everyone actually got vaccinated but as that is unlikely it on fact makes things less safe, especially for the unvaccinated but that is a bit of their own damn fault.

But see, pointing fingers and saying "fault" isn't constructive.  The question is "how do we keep the facility safe and maintain player health and availability?"

If vaccination is a choice for players, then the protocols have to protect players who choose to be unvaccinated. 

26 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Mods I feel you’re pain trying to contain this one.  God bless and maybe we can learn from Sal and ask a football question.  Think about how Sal just went to #1 on McD’slist moving forward as he was looking for a lifeline.

after you ask th he same question 15 different ways, he just wanted a football question.

How about that Kumerow ?. With Diggs and now Sanders as 1-2 I feel we will be okay with most any of the WRs Bills have had showing in these practices. Strongest WR depth in years and years , and a good few we cannot likely  keep :(
But we also have Josh Allen. Seems he can make anyone look good if reporting so far is true !

Go Bills 

8 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I have a question:

I came into a thread entitled "McD's Presser" and expected to read direct quotes via tweets as to what he was saying.  Instead I don't really know what was said about the presser and I'm reading speculation and opinions about what was said as it relates to Buffalo.  I just thought the new policy here at TBD is that that is not allowed.

Is that still the case or was it a one day thing?

Sorry... but I just don't want to jump in a boat with a bunch of people violating CoC and get kicked out of the boat because I was the last one in.

Oh..... and can someone please post quotes from the presser, too?

Simon's thing is keeping the daily Practice Thread pure and we have had requests for a "Pure" Covid Impacts thread.

Other threads are fair game.

Presser:

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yes.  Beasley is correct on that specific point.  In fact it's my understanding that the NFLPA has asked the NFL to make changes to the protocols, and the NFL has refused so far.  We'll see if they change their viewpoint.

But see, pointing fingers and saying "fault" isn't constructive.  The question is "how do we keep the facility safe and maintain player health and availability?"

If vaccination is a choice for players, then the protocols have to protect players who choose to be unvaccinated. 

Yes from a purely logical most effective stance perspective, which is what policy should be made on, it is irrelevant, but I'm still going to feel that way.

Edited by Warcodered

24 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

It's weird...Didn't he wear a mask last season and followed rules for the most part? I don't recall him having much of an issue last season.

It was not an issue last year I suppose.
Has been since he drew attention to himself and The Bills  with his goofy rant ...

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That was then, this is now, and the data emerging based on the current Covid variants suggest different protocols are needed.

Totally agree with that fact.  This will be my last time commenting on this.

The Bills players are adults and can, on their own, come up with any enhanced procedures if they choose.  Waiting for the NFL, NFLPA, Bills

Management or anyone else is not their only option.  They have that power all on their own.

I'm sure McDermott and Beane would welcome that type of response.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

It seems no one wanted to comment on my point regarding the players to have a "players only" meeting about all of this and how they would like

to see thing going forward.

If this team is a family and the majority have done their part either by being vaxed or following the protocols (which by themselves may not

be enough) they now know what can happen.  Any given week a critical part of this team could be sitting at home.

They ARE part of a union and as such they should get together in private and come up with a general consensus and report back to Beane 

and McDermott.  Putting all the responsibility on the Bills management is a bit of a cop out.  IMO.

I agree with the suggestion, but what makes you think this hasn't been discussed, possibly on many occasions, among the players themselves? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I came into a thread entitled "McD's Presser" and expected to read direct quotes via tweets as to what he was saying.

Cliff's Notes version:

He spent 12 minutes answering questions about Covid protocol and 2 minutes saying Josh would start on Saturday, and most of the starters would get some playing time. He was noncommittal about how much time each player would get.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

Why though when you can still catch and transmit the virus even when vaccinated?

It makes zero difference, so rules should be for all or for none.

Because those vaccinated can still spread it, also if by small chance a vaccinated person still gets it, the symptoms are mild large majority of time. Un-vaccinated are subject to serious symptoms that are life threatening for many.

So that's the difference

• Agree 1

I’ve had about enough of this. I certainly don’t want this, but if the Bills lose out during the AFC Championship game or even the Super Bowl due to multiple players in the Covid protocol, I won’t shed one tear. They’ll deserve it and besides money, losing the biggest game of their lives is the only thing they’ll understand. I’m for personal choice, but being one of the least vaccinated teams in the NFL is pitiful. We wanted a team of high character players, but it’s appears they are the opposite. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Dislike 1

25 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

It seems no one wanted to comment on my point regarding the players to have a "players only" meeting about all of this and how they would like

to see thing going forward.

If this team is a family and the majority have done their part either by being vaxed or following the protocols (which by themselves may not

be enough) they now know what can happen.  Any given week a critical part of this team could be sitting at home.

They ARE part of a union and as such they should get together in private and come up with a general consensus and report back to Beane 

and McDermott.  Putting all the responsibility on the Bills management is a bit of a cop out.  IMO.

I did reference your point. in that they likely already have had internal (players only) meetings
 and that they are supporting each other.
stuff we may never know. Though. The Bills want to win, They seem to be a very tight knit Team as compared to others and certainly previous regimes.
 McD having to defend his Plyers et all . may be the painful part. and yes to all above. It is relevant to our Bills SB season !

• Thank you (+1) 1