McD's Presser

MAJBobby

29 minutes ago, Mango said:

son of a butch. You got the quote before I fixed the auto correct. Ha!

I think part of the problem is McD was hoping the locker room would keep this in check. That a guy like Jerry Hughes or Stephon Diggs would tell a guy like Cole to cut the poop and at the very least this would be internal and the team would be at league average for vaccinations. 

Now he has an entire position group that is in jeopardy and guys like Star who took the year off AND didn’t get vaccinated. 

It seems like some of the complaints are enforcement of mandates. It’s probably time for the Pegulas to pony up and get these guys testing everyday and everybody masking up indoors. 

It’s not up to the Pegulas. The nflpa has already requested daily testing for all. It’s up to the league. 

1 minute ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Oh Sal… 😂 

surprised he didn’t respond to McDermott with “anything else you need Coach?  Water? Towel? Back Rub?  Just…you know.  Call anytime.  I mean anytime Coach.  I’ll be there for you.  Really.  I really will.  I just…I just want to do my part in helping this team win.”

Lap dog journalism at its finest.

🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶

Eh..you’re not wrong but i just think that’s his way. He’s always friendly, non- confrontational. Sal ain’t gonna be the guy to press anyone on any elephants in the room.

• Agree 1

55 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

We've done this Over.  and Over.  and Over.  again.  Where there is a union, there is collective bargaining. 

NFLPA.

The NFL can not impose a mandate upon the players.

I’m not sure that this is true. 
airlines and hospitals have mandated vaccines without having support of all their unions. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Why, what was his question?

His question was the first football question

to kind of end McDermott’s suffering of Covid.  And you could tell Sal was a little embarrassed that McDermott thanked him cause he powered through the question in what I except was Sal attempting to seem like a real journalist in the moment.  IMO

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s not up to the Pegulas. The nflpa has already requested daily testing for all. It’s up to the league. 

Isn’t Tampa instituting their own testing and masking mandates? 

6 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

McD said vaxed/unvaxed won't be a variable on who makes the roster but I don't believe it.

I think he means it. 

But I also think he means it when he says something to the effect of ,we need to get focused on why we're here, and that's #1, to maintain a safe building and stay safe, and #2, to win football games.

And if there's a correlation between people who are unvaccinated and people who aren't willing or able to be focused on those things, well, It Is how It Is.

• Like (+1) 4

33 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

So yes, it wouldn’t be for Beasley’s personal beliefs, it would just be a bad decision lol

I haven't thought about thos enough, and I tend to agree it would be a bad decision, but I'm not so sure.  Part of running a successful team os getting rid of players who, though good, aren't in your long term future.  Not you key guys, but others.  

Beasley isnt in the long term future.  If the Bill's lost him, they could put Sanders in the slot and go with Davis.  Then, as I said, they could keep Stevenson, who more likely is part of the future.    Would they sandeep? No.  But we are at the point where we're  going to see good players leave.  

Personally, I think Beas starts against Pittsburgh. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Eh..you’re not wrong but i just think that’s his way. He’s always friendly, non- confrontational. Sal ain’t gonna be the guy to press anyone on any elephants in the room.

Sal is one of the best out there at covering this team.   Not every journalist/reporter needs to be “that guy”. 

Blows my mind that anyone could be negative about him.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

5 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

I think the fact that OF COURSE it was Sal to rush to the rescue…just plays perfectly into how Homer “journalists” like him are labeled and perceived.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

I’m not sure that this is true. 
airlines and hospitals have mandated vaccines without having support of all their unions. 

I think the NFLPA has a lot of provisions in the agreement about who decides player health issues.  Airlines don't 

Edited by Shaw66

1 minute ago, Mango said:

Isn’t Tampa instituting their own testing and masking mandates? 

I didn't hear about testing. 

He said the team was focused on winning and he didn't care if they were vaccinated or unvaccinated, they were going to follow their own club rules to minimize risk:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32084225/bruce-arians-implementing-own-covid-19-rules-tampa-bay-buccaneers-road-trips

"For us, life is not normal," Arians said Wednesday. "We're pretty much under the same protocols -- we're going to be under the same protocols as last year. Because that's the way it is, especially living here. Tennessee coming in and going out to dinner -- they found out the hard way. So did Ryan. You can only tell them so much. Once we get to 53 -- even this weekend -- our guys are going to make a bunch of sacrifices that you have to make now. Families at the hotel, all those things -- they're all out the window."

Succop was within NFL rules in going out to dinner during joint practices because he was vaccinated. NFL rules state, "Fully vaccinated members of the Traveling Party will be permitted to leave the hotel to eat and/or use restaurants open to the public, subject to individual Club rules." Only unvaccinated team members are prohibited from eating at restaurants on the road. But Arians doesn't want his team taking chances and has the leeway to implement his own policy because it falls under "club rules."

"There's league rules and then there's my rules. We ain't going anywhere. We're the same as last year," Arians said. "I don't give a crap if they're vaccinated or not. They ain't going anywhere."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He said the team was focused on winning and he didn't care if they were vaccinated or unvaccinated, they were going to follow their own club rules to minimize risk:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32084225/bruce-arians-implementing-own-covid-19-rules-tampa-bay-buccaneers-road-trips

Weird quote. 

“we're going to be under the same protocols as last year.”

"There's league rules and then there's my rules. We ain't going anywhere. We're the same as last year,"

I took the “I don’t give a crap if they’re vaccinated or not” in context with the above. Vaccinations don’t get special treatment. Everybody follows the same rules. House rules are 2020 covid protocols not 2021. 

Edited by Mango
Ugh autocorrect

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

All of the Arians stuff is great - until a player decides he is going to follow NFL rules - not TB rules.  The team does not have the ability to fine, suspend, or do anything to the player if they are following the NFL agreed to rules and if the team does - then the player will have an actual winnable lawsuit.  

It goes all the way to cutting or punishing the player in any way.

Now maybe the entire team will go along with it, but if anyone at anytime decides not to - then the Arians rules crumble.

Edited by Rochesterfan
  • Agree 1

This will hit most teams.  I believe there have been a total of 25 fines levied against unvaccinated players for covid violations...and we are in a "bubble" thinking it is only going to hit the Bills, it isnt.

An unnamed player certainly wanted to voice his opinion, now EVERYTHING he does and the other Bills will get 10x the scrutiny.

I have only heard the names McKenzie and Beasley, who are the other 23 players?  And why were those particular names leaked and who leaked it?

Edited by RoyBatty is alive
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, JGMcD2 said:

Or you just don’t get how this works?

You’re defeating the process if you cut players for their personal beliefs in a situation where the league has made it possible to have personal beliefs. 

That’s how you lose their respect and show them that you never actually cared about them in the first place… which is what everything in Buffalo is built upon. 

The number of unvaxxed in the WR room is a competitive disadvantage. From a rational standpoint, you need to be able to field a competitive team. It isn't about what you believe, it is about risk. And winning. Given that Beasley, Mackenzie and Davis aren't faxed, you lose 2 maybe three of your top WRs for multiple weeks if someone makes a mistake. Man, that's not a risk I would want to take as a leader.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

The anti-Sullivan.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Watch the presser. 

McD is getting hammered with questions about McKenzie's tweets and Beasley and the unvaccinated players who are out as close contacts, just like Beane did.

Sal finally asked him a football question and McD cracked a smile and thanked him.

11+ minutes into a 14 minute presser before a football question….👿

Horrible!!!!!!

7 minutes ago, todd said:

The number of unvaxxed in the WR room is a competitive disadvantage. From a rational standpoint, you need to be able to field a competitive team. It isn't about what you believe, it is about risk. And winning. Given that Beasley, Mackenzie and Davis aren't faxed, you lose 2 maybe three of your top WRs for multiple weeks if someone makes a mistake. Man, that's not a risk I would want to take as a leader.

What’s the other option?

Beasley - Top pure slot in the NFL

McKenzie - Rapidly improving talent who oozes team mentality in every other aspect

Davis - VERY promising young WR talent who has 3 more years on a rookie contract 

You cutting all of them?  It kind of is what it is at this point.  

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, todd said:

So to avoid POTENTIALLY losing them… you cut 2/3 and replace them with…?