McD's Presser

MAJBobby

6 minutes ago, Mango said:

But part of what makes McD good at his job is he seems to regularly separate McD the coach and McD the person. 

Right now he is frustrated at the position he is in. I trust him to figure it out. 

Nice. He has amazing discipline.  Part of what is great about that discipline is that he is modeling it for his players. "I'm disciplined.  You need to be too."

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

This wouldn't be cutting someone for his personal belief. This would be planning for the season and the future. If Beasley isn't going to be available to the team consistently, one plan for the current season and the future would be to cut him, give the starting job in the slot to Mackenzie.  That would create the room on the roster necessary to keep Stevenson and protect him from being signed away by another team. At some point Stevenson might take the slot job from Mackenzie.

And you wouldn't be cutting him, you'd likely be trading him. Trade him to Jacksonville, he will be a cult hero.

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Yes and I think he may be starting to regret the decision on extension last year based upon so many key members of team not understanding how much personal choice is affecting what he has put together here.

What a miserable take with no basis rooted anywhere. 

Personal choice and caring about each person’s beliefs individually is EXACTLY what he built here. 

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, JGMcD2 said:

A lot of really good leaders have their own way of saying it… but the first one that comes to mind is Jocko Willink… leaders need to be able to “detach and assess.” 

You’re spot on in your evaluation of what makes McDermott unique. 

son of a butch. You got the quote before I fixed the auto correct. Ha!

1 minute ago, Shaw66 said:

This wouldn't be cutting someone for his personal belief. This would be planning for the season and the future. If Beasley isn't going to be available to the team consistently, one plan for the current season and the future would be to cut him, give the starting job in the slot to Mackenzie.  That would create the room on the roster necessary to keep Stevenson and protect him from being signed away by another team. At some point Stevenson might take the slot job from Mackenzie.

I think part of the problem is McD was hoping the locker room would keep this in check. That a guy like Jerry Hughes or Stephon Diggs would tell a guy like Cole to cut the poop and at the very least this would be internal and the team would be at league average for vaccinations. 

Now he has an entire position group that is in jeopardy and guys like Star who took the year off AND didn’t get vaccinated. 

It seems like some of the complaints are enforcement of mandates. It’s probably time for the Pegulas to pony up and get these guys testing everyday and everybody masking up indoors. 

• Like (+1) 3

33 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

We've done this Over.  and Over.  and Over.  again.  Where there is a union, there is collective bargaining. 

NFLPA.

The NFL can not impose a mandate upon the players.

you should post this on the very top of the forum’s main page… lol.

37 minutes ago, Mango said:

It has got to be frustrating to him for a ton of different reasons. He has built his career here on stuff like, “process” and “team”.  Which for a year he probably thought would favor the Bills. But that’s not the case at the moment. He has far less control than he realized (not a criticism). I’m sure he wants to shake these guys like crazy. It’s probably very personal to him right now. 

These are football players, who have - by all accounts - bought into the (football) process 100% 

McDermott’s players are all team-first guys by every metric outside of vaccination.  

Vaccination, and all that surrounds it, is not a football decision.   It’s a personal decision.  

Stop conflating the two.  

You want to direct your anger, direct it at the NFL for their ham-fisted protocols heading into the season.  

McDermott likely knows he has guys who buy into what he sells 100%, but you can’t extend that reach into personal lives like this.   Human beings are complex and you can’t control them like they are robots.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 5
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Oh Sal… 😂 

surprised he didn’t respond to McDermott with “anything else you need Coach?  Water? Towel? Back Rub?  Just…you know.  Call anytime.  I mean anytime Coach.  I’ll be there for you.  Really.  I really will.  I just…I just want to do my part in helping this team win.”

Lap dog journalism at its finest.

🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶

• Disagree 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

McKenzie is unvaccinated too and has just as good of a chance at missing games as Beasley does. 

So yes, it wouldn’t be for Beasley’s personal beliefs, it would just be a bad decision lol

Mckenzie said he is vaccinated … may still be in two week window, or nfl doesn’t have updated data. I assume the first. 

25 minutes ago, Mango said:

son of a butch. You got the quote before I fixed the auto correct. Ha!

I think part of the problem is McD was hoping the locker room would keep this in check. That a guy like Jerry Hughes or Stephon Diggs would tell a guy like Cole to cut the poop and at the very least this would be internal and the team would be at league average for vaccinations. 

Yeah.  McD believes in culture, and he is seeing the limits of what culture can do for him.  That's why, as others have said, he hates being in this position.  Culture and Allen's  arm are making the team, but this is a problem culture hasn't solved for him. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Oh Sal… 😂 

surprised he didn’t respond to McDermott with “anything else you need Coach?  Water? Towel? Back Rub?  Just…you know.  Call anytime.  I mean anytime Coach.  I’ll be there for you.  Really.  I really will.  I just…I just want to do my part in helping this team win.”

🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶

aw.  Sal’s a nice guy.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Oh Sal… 😂 

🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶

Why, what was his question?

2 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Oh Sal… 😂 

🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶

Trashhhhhhh take

• Agree 1