Beasley and McKenzie are now subject to more enhanced Discipline.

MAJBobby

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Question "Beane why did you Cut McKenzie"

He is on a  1 year contract, Stevenson is future in that position and has performed well and improved alot, and  availability. 

There EASY You think ANY GM is going to say we cut them because they were unvaxxed?

Agreed. I am thinking about others who are not vaxed. 

Just now, eball said:

I guess now we know why Beane keeps signing receivers.  He’s expecting this to hurt the team in a big way.

Eff these guys.  Seriously.

Eff the NFLPA for coming up with these ridiculous protocols.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 3
  • Dislike 4

It's hard to believe this can't have some negative impact on the team dynamic - despite any public-facing "it's a personal decision" talk, there has to be some friction and outright disagreement behind closed doors, especially when some people's actions could have an impact on wins/losses

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

All I'm going to say is I'm glad this is happening 2.5 weeks before the season and not during the season. McDermott and Beane have time to fix it. 

How, what is going to change once the season starts?

Just now, dave mcbride said:

Agree with your take, but this … is not what a “Karen” is. In fact, it’s nearly the opposite of being a Karen. (And I have a ton of problems with the term, btw.)

All good…my view of it is:  Throwing an unnecessary tantrum over something trivial is what I associate it with.  And to me that is what they are doing, hence my association.  

I mean first tantrum is not wanting to get the shot.  Cool, league made it so they could have that choice.  Second tantrum is not wanting to follow the necessary safety protocols that come with making that choice and put all the goals and everything your teammates and staff are working hard for in jeopardy because you don’t want to be inconvenienced.    Not cool.  

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

All I'm going to say is I'm glad this is happening 2.5 weeks before the season and not during the season. McDermott and Beane have time to fix it. 

Not sure what youre expecting from them. They've had all year to fix it and this is as good as they got it (which is one of the worst situations in the entire league).

When I see what Arians is doing in TB, and what Seattle and Atlanta have done, it really looks like McD doesnt have nearly the handle on or respect from his team that we all thought.

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, TroutDog said:

Agreed. I am thinking about others who are not vaxed. 

Easy statement all the way around, unless you are talking about say a Nuke Hopkins or Elite players being cut, then obviously the GM would be lying in that answer.

But seriously here we are talking about a Gadget Returnman and a Slot (when we drafted INTO that position).  

Think of Stevenson as Gabe Davis, Drafted to replace Beasley next season, maybe have to step up earlier ala Davis and Brown

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

All good…my view of it is:  Throwing an unnecessary tantrum over something trivial is what I associate it with.  And to me that is what they are doing, hence my association.  

I mean first tantrum is not wanting to get the shot.  Cool, league made it so they could have that choice.  Second tantrum is not wanting to follow the necessary safety protocols that come with making that choice and put all the goals and everything your teammates and staff are working hard for in jeopardy because you don’t want to be inconvenienced.    Not cool.  

You arent wrong. They are over-entitled selfish babies and loud public whiners. Full Karen.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, stevewin said:

It's hard to believe this can't have some negative impact on the team dynamic - despite any public-facing "it's a personal decision" talk, there has to be some friction and outright disagreement behind closed doors, especially when some people's actions could have an impact on wins/losses

One would assume so.  I'm pissed at these guys, and I'm a fan who likes both of them and wishes them well.  Players who are depending on them for a potential championship campaign have got to be a little more than just irritated.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

20 minutes ago, krf139 said:

Cole "took one for the team" last year by playing hobbled in the playoffs.  He's entitled to his opinions and to express them, just like anyone else.  But I find it disingenuous for people to say he's not team-first.  Many of the people making these claims are likely the same ones lauding him for his toughness in the playoffs and hoping and wishing he'd make it back.  Everyone is entitled to their opinions and to express them freely.  

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and to express them freely (but not to express them everywhere, All Take Note)

I feel 100% confident that Beasley believes he is team-first according to his perspective.

Most of us have blind spots.  The ability to see where the intersection of the NFL Covid protocols with his personal beliefs about vaccination AND his willingness to be publically vocal about them on social media may work against the team seems to be his.

PS I personally wondered if an unhobbled McKenzie might have been more effective than a hobbled Cole, but apparently McKenzie was hobbled too.

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

How do you figure McKenzie is a wash with Stevenson? That’s a ridiculous take. Stevenson’s a rookie who hasn’t played a down in the NFL. 

Very easy. McKenzie is a non rookie that hasnt played MUCH. The Skill Sets are a wash, and ooo He hasnt Muffed Kicks, He is available and he apparently isnt a headache, yep a Wash

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Not sure what youre expecting from them. They've had all year to fix it and this is as good as they got it (which is one of the worst situations in the entire league).

When I see what Arians is doing in TB, and what Seattle and Atlanta have done, it really looks like McD doesnt have nearly the handle on or respect from his team that we all thought.

That's absurd.  Completely absurd.  

• Agree 1

Just now, ScottLaw said:

This was happening back in May when Beasley was making ridiculous comments on Twitter…. And they probably knew everyone’s vaccination status as early as April…. They had time to fix this back then and I’m sure they tried and failed then…. What makes you think they will fix it now? 

Emphasize and enforce the rules. 

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

This was happening back in May when Beasley was making ridiculous comments on Twitter…. And they probably knew everyone’s vaccination status as early as April…. They had time to fix this back then and I’m sure they tried and failed then…. What makes you think they will fix it now? 

The only thing I think they could do is go full Tampa Bay Bucs, might be too late for it, but have the same rules apply to the whole team whether vaccinated or not?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Here is another thing.  Could this play in to roster Decisions.  Lets Say Marquez Stevenson is vaxxed and therefore not subject to the enhance rules that Beasley and McKenzie have at least ignored once.  McKenzie is on a 1 year deal....

So Cut Down day, the decision comes down between Stevenson and McKenzie.  Would the Team look at the Risk, they know Beasley is going to do Beasley at this point, would they want a guy that is less risk according to the protocols behind him (Stevenson) or would they go with evidently the more risky choice in McKenzie.

I would think that Risk HAS to be thought about when making the final 53.  

23 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I actually JUST typed something similar up while you were posting 

The one thing to yours I would add is that I don’t think the team is cool with “Beasley gonna Beasley”. But he has a higher cap hit. I thought Mckenzie was always insurance against CB raging against the machine. Or even Sanders inside and push Gabe outside. But we literally cannot do either right now. 

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Couldn't disagree more.  Has be team first in certain situations, sure.  But this is NOT about him getting the shot or not.  It’s his very public and very literal refusal to abide safety guidelines and responsibilities that come with being unvaccinated.  He refuses to wear a mask indoors, he said he WONT follow any requirements at or away from the facility.

Thats is one million percent a “me first” attitude and not “team first”.  He is not only jeopardizing the health of those players and staff around him l, but he’s also just flat out risking their overall availability for each weeks game.  

So no disrespect, but you’re wrong in saying he’s a team first guy right now, he couldn’t be further from that right now.  He may be team first ON the field, but he is not remotely team first on his childish tantrum of refusing to just wear a mask so he doesn’t impact his teammates and staff.  

He’s turning into the ultimate “Karen” right now, and sounds like he’s enrolled McKenzie into Karen University.  

While I agree with almost all of this one of his main reasons against the vaccine Cole has stated is that those with the vaccine are just as likely (or more likely) to transmit the virus. This is because they may have it but not feel the symptoms. His main complaint is why are they being held to a different standard. 

I don’t know what McKenzie’s beef is cause I didn’t read his tweets. 

I had the Covid 19 as well as all in my family. We have not had the delta. We live on the west coast and I’m not sure where this is more prevalent. The only cases of people I know who have personally had Covid in the last 3 months are 3 friends (all of whom had the vaccine). So I’m assuming that’s the delta variant that is going around. It seemed like all the Covid had began to come to an end (or was trending that way). Then we had a big surge. 

I still think it’s irrelevant. They need to wear the mask because it’s what is required. Even though I think the masks are useless we need to abide by the rules put in place no matter if we agree/disagree.