Bills, Steelers week 1 temperature check

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

As I also alluded to in that post, there are two main reasons.

I think the Steelers running game will be better this year with Najee Harris in the fold, making their offense less one-dimensional. We also play them earlier in the year than we have recently, meaning old man Roethlisberger's arm will likely be fresher.

Additionally, if I recall correctly, their defense was missing some key parts the last couple of times we faced them. Assuming their defense is at full strength for this matchup, I think they'll give the Bills offense a harder time than some might think. 

The combination of a more balanced offense, healthier defense, fresher quarterback, and quality coaching on the opposite sideline lead me to believe this is no gimme, and the Steelers might take it. I also think the crowd will be insane at Highmark Stadium and the Bills might be a little too amped up. I need to see the Bills operating at the same level as last year now that they'll be front of a full, frenzied stadium before I believe that it definitely will happen. 

Gotcha... Yeah you just lead off with "due for a loss" so that's why it seemed like a main reason. Anyways, I for sure think Steelers will bring it, as expected with that franchise, but with Bills being at home and ready to kill it coming off that heart breaking AFCCG loss....hard for me to see Bills lose. I predict it will be close, tight game for a while and Bills pull away later and win by 7 to 10 points.

• Like (+1) 2

“Hoping” our Offense keeps up the pace from last year. 

“Expecting” our Defense to make a big jump back into the top tier of Defenses. 

The fact we’ve been so bad for my entire adult life - up until recently - still has me in wait and see mode.   

Feeling a lot like I did heading into last year..  Thinking we’ll be good, hoping we’ll be good… guess I’ll need them to prove it again.  

I think the Steelers could be better than the version we faced last year, but their OL is a question mark.  

If our Offense is who everyone believes they are and our Defense makes a jump  back into the top tier this year - it doesn’t matter who we play - there will only be a couple teams that can hang with us and Pittsburgh isn’t one of them.  

That’s where I’m at heading into Week 1. 

Edited by SCBills

5 hours ago, SCBills said:

“Hoping” our Offense keeps up the pace from last year. 

“Expecting” our Defense to make a big jump back into the top tier of Defenses. 

The fact we’ve been so bad for my entire adult life - up until recently - still has me in wait and see mode.   

Feeling a lot like I did heading into last year..  Thinking we’ll be good, hoping we’ll be good… guess I’ll need them to prove it again.  

I think the Steelers could be better than the version we faced last year, but their OL is a question mark.  

If our Offense is who everyone believes they are and our Defense makes a jump  back into the top tier this year - it doesn’t matter who we play - there will only be a couple teams that can hang with us and Pittsburgh isn’t one of them.  

That’s where I’m at heading into Week 1. 

Ya. You should probably go ahead and move on from that. Playoffs in 3 outta the last 4 years and now a bonafide star at qb. the bills are a good team, man. Not sure what else you need to see…

… imma be having fun enjoying the ride. Hop on when it’s almost too late if you like. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

On 8/25/2021 at 8:27 PM, jeremy2020 said:

The 1st game is always a wild card, but I think the Bills are in a good place and the Steelers have some new parts. I think it will be more difficult than last year's game though as it's early and Ben is healthy. 

Looking at McD face today during that press coverage I’m startling to worry  , 

I mean 💩 can go downhill quick 

Edited by Putin

20 hours ago, Lv-Bills said:

Disagree 100%.  The stadium will be totally full.  It's the first time in two years that almost everyone can come back.  The Bills are a great team and the Steelers are a marquee franchise. Steelers fans travel well, are close by, and Bills fans are excited.  The demand for this game is/will be through the roof.  In my section, tickets are listed on the aftermarket at least double face value.    

The biggest thing that sucks is if the Canadian Season Ticket holders have to put their tickets up for sale, that will open the market big time to Pittsburgh fans, and that sucks.  At the same time, however, those tickets will be gobbled up easily on the secondary market.

This game will be packed.  There's 0% chance that every seat isn't filled.

THIS concerns me. Stillers fans always make up better than 25% of the crowd when they play here. Terrible Towels will be whirling throughout the stadium-as they always do. No team travels better than Pittsburgh and they’re just ‘down the road a piece’. They’ll scoop up every Canuck ticket being offered.

I still like our chances to win.

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

THIS concerns me. Stillers fans always make up better than 25% of the crowd when they play here. Terrible Towels will be whirling throughout the stadium-as they always do. No team travels better than Pittsburgh and they’re just ‘down the road a piece’. They’ll scoop up every Canuck ticket being offered.

I still like our chances to win.

I’m sitting in Section 112 for this game… I’ll be surrounded by black and yellow, won’t I.

On 8/26/2021 at 2:31 AM, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I thought "temp check"  meant looking that far ahead to predict how hot it will be lol

Same here, which is why I never opened the thread for so long. Then it got to 7 pages and I figured it must be something else, either that or Ertz's nickname is Temperature Check