Getting the band back together

With the Bills claiming WR Rico Gafford off the waiver wire yesterday it seems like they're putting the 2016 Wyoming Cowboys back together.  Along with Josh Allen  there's TE Jacob Hollister and WR Tanner Gentry and now Gifford, all from the 2016 team. I understand Gentry was signed to the Practice Squad and Hollister and Gafford need to make the roster, but it was great to see.

Edited by The Virginian
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Virginian said:

With the Bills claiming WR Rici Afford off the waiver wire yesterday it seems like they're putting the 2017 Wyoming Cowboys back together.  Along with Josh Allen  there's TE Jacob Hollister and WR Tanner Gentry and now Gifford, all from the 2017 team. I understand Gentry was signed to the Practice Squad and Hollister and Afford need to make the roster, but it was great to see.

I think Hollister has shown he can make some plays. He's been pretty good. Looks like he also likes to attempt to jump over tacklers. Anyway, imo he has done well with the opportunities he's gotten thus far and he makes the 53. He's growing on me kinda quickly.

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins
  • Like (+1) 1

I am hoping that was some autocorrect.  Any Wyoming fan should be very familiar with Rico Gafford. I will never 

1 hour ago, The Virginian said:

With the Bills claiming WR Rici Afford off the waiver wire yesterday it seems like they're putting the 2017 Wyoming Cowboys back together.  Along with Josh Allen  there's TE Jacob Hollister and WR Tanner Gentry and now Gifford, all from the 2017 team. I understand Gentry was signed to the Practice Squad and Hollister and Afford need to make the roster, but it was great to see.

Huh?? I hope you know that it is Rico Gafford.  In any event, neither Hollister or Gentry played on the 2017 Wyoming Cowboys. This is one reason Josh had a tougher time in 2017. Gafford and Allen played on the 2017 Wyoming Cowboys and I will never forget Gafford's impressive interception against Iowa that year.

Perhaps you mean the 2016 Wyoming Cowboys, when all of those guys were in-fact on the same team.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I think Hollister has shown he can make some plays. He's been pretty good. Looks like he also likes to attempt to jump over tacklers. Anyway, imo he has done well with the opportunities he's gotten thus far and he makes the 53. He's growing on me kinda quickly.

WHY???

Because he catches the damn ball!!!

i have no idea whether he can block or not (or who he can block?)

Go Bills!

Etrz!

There, I said it....

10 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

I am hoping that was some autocorrect.  Any Wyoming fan should be very familiar with Rico Gafford. I will never 

Huh?? I hope you know that it is Rico Gafford.  In any event, neither Hollister or Gentry played on the 2017 Wyoming Cowboys. This is one reason Josh had a tougher time in 2017. Gafford and Allen played on the 2017 Wyoming Cowboys and I will never forget Gafford's impressive interception against Iowa that year.

Perhaps you mean the 2016 Wyoming Cowboys, when all of those guys were in-fact on the same team.

Yeah. Stupid phone.

2 hours ago, The Virginian said:

With the Bills claiming WR Rico Gafford off the waiver wire yesterday it seems like they're putting the 2016 Wyoming Cowboys back together.  Along with Josh Allen  there's TE Jacob Hollister and WR Tanner Gentry and now Gifford, all from the 2016 team. I understand Gentry was signed to the Practice Squad and Hollister and Gafford need to make the roster, but it was great to see.

Um....please explain this statement???  NO ONE is signed to the PS as of today or tomorrow or the day after that......just saying.

Go BILLS!

1 hour ago, RunJoshRun said:

IF Josh thinks they might have NFL skills based on his experience playing with them in college just let it be!

But Josh already signed his new contract, right? Doesn't that mean Beane and Co. can unpucker for a while?

Just kidding, of course. Whatever Josh wants, Josh gets. And I think Hollister is going to be pushing for TE1 by midseason. 

2 hours ago, BornAgainBillsFan said:

But Josh already signed his new contract, right? Doesn't that mean Beane and Co. can unpucker for a while?

Just kidding, of course. Whatever Josh wants, Josh gets. And I think Hollister is going to be pushing for TE1 by midseason. 

Hollister is TE1 in this offense already.  We need a reliable handed consistent TE, more than a higher upside spotty performer. We have enough weapons at WR, we just need a guy to contribute, keep the defense moderately honest and help keep the chains moving. Hopefully Hollister stays healthy

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1